Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far there's no evidence that it does.

1-Balor (Vacates the title due to injury-No rematch)
2-Owens (Loses to Oldberg-No rematch)
3-Oldberg (Loses to Brock-No rematch)
4-Brock

Obviously the clause applies because it always has for every title. So kayfabe-wise, how does it make any sense that Owens nor Balor have demanded their rematch for the title yet?

Fucking partimers are not only effecting the product, but making the other wrestlers on screen characters look dumb as hell in the process too.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Like all WWE clauses, stipulations, rules, or continuity it'll apply when WWE wants/needs it to apply.
I get that, but not one person has been granted or even demanded a rematch since the title's debut. It's a bit pathetic and doesn't really make sense since two of the wrestlers who are owed a rematch are currently on the roster and have no reason not to demand a rematch. Just makes Owens and Balor seem like they have short term memory loss or couldn't give two shits less about the title.

·
Baby Yoda
29,357 Posts
I get that, but not one person has been granted or even demanded a rematch since the title's debut. It's a bit pathetic and doesn't really make sense since two of the wrestlers who are owed a rematch are currently on the roster and have no reason not to demand a rematch.
KO is a heel, kayfabe wise no way he wants to step in the ring with Lesnar without a foolproof plan.

Balor is too fragile and is getting eased back in. The chances of him getting injured again are high, if the WWE put him in a ring with Lesnar so soon. Dude can barely handle Hard Body Mahal.

Goldberg has gone back into retirement.

·
Registered
12,401 Posts
KO is a heel, kayfabe wise no way he wants to step in the ring with Lesnar without a foolproof plan.

Balor is too fragile and is getting eased back in. The chances of him getting injured again are high, if the WWE put him in a ring with Lesnar so soon. Dude can barely handle Hardy Body Mahal.

Hardy Body Mahal?

:HA

·
Registered
12,401 Posts
I get that, but not one person has been granted or even demanded a rematch since the title's debut. It's a bit pathetic and doesn't really make sense since two of the wrestlers who are owed a rematch are currently on the roster and have no reason not to demand a rematch. Just makes Owens and Balor seem like they have short term memory loss or couldn't give two shits less about the title.
To answer your question...

Balor is too fragile and is getting eased back in. The chances of him getting injured again are high, if the WWE put him in a ring with Lesnar so soon. Dude can barely handle Hardy Body Mahal.

^this... except... you know... minus the Balor hate :p

·
Baby Yoda
29,357 Posts
To answer your question...

^this... except... you know... minus the Balor hate :p
Can't lie, the thought of Brock throwing Balor around like the jobber he is in a 5 minute squash is quite appealing.

:banderas

I don't know what I'd prefer more, a Goldberg like squash or a Brock match where he beats his ass for 5 minutes and then pins him.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Actually, I think it would be a nice point of difference, if Angle actually mentions that the Universal Title does not come with a rematch clause. You lose, you go to the back of the line. The Champion having to face different opponents each defence would be nice change of pace. Especially with Lesnar's contract. Having him face the same guy over and over (which he has done) doesn't help things/the roster.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
The rematch will happen when it's convenient story-wise.

·
Registered
12,401 Posts
Can't lie, the thought of Brock throwing Balor around like the jobber he is in a 5 minute squash is quite appealing.

:banderas

I don't know what I'd prefer a Goldberg like squash or a Brock match where he beats his ass for 5 minutes and then pins him.
I mean gonna go with the later. Longer beat down and such.

I'm a Balor fan I don't know why your hate for Balor amuses me so much lmao

1 - 16 of 16 Posts