Wrestling Forum banner

Does The Miz have all the tools to become the face of the company?

9092 Views 118 Replies 80 Participants Last post by  kazoo
Lately, Around the 'net, I've seen quite a few posts stating that The Miz has the potential to be the next 'top guy' of WWE. I've also seen many posts stating that The Miz has exceptional skills on the microphone. Now, I haven't seen many Miz promos, except for the ones he's cut this year, & well I didn't find them interesting at all. They were long & drawn out, & he was talking like Chris Jericho: circa 'best in the world' phase. To be the 'face of the company', you have to be babyface, but I'm not sure if The Miz can be a convincing enough bayface, let alone the 'face of the company'. But, I haven't seen much of The Miz, so. There also, alot of people saying that The Miz is the next Rock, but I highly dout that. And I'm also pretty sure Miz doesn't want to be the next Rock, but the first Miz. So, what do you think about The Miz becoming the 'top star' of WWE.
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

· Registered
350 Posts
I wouldn't say he has all the tools because he doesn't have the look or the credibility, however he does have a lot of the other tools which are needed such as work ethic, decent ring skills and charisma.
I agree. He certianly doesn't have all the tools, but he has enough and if the WWE is behind him like they seem to be, thats all that will matter, it helps that he can get a strong reaction out of the crowd as well.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
No. The Miz should never be the face of WWE. I mean, when you saw Andre, Hogan, Austin, The Rock and Cena at their best, they actually looked like they could beat the hell out of you. They actually looked like alpha-males. When I see The Miz, I go something like...

Reactions: Don Draper

· Registered
729 Posts
the only thing that i DO NOT like is his mic work. I mean its good, but i just dont like the style of it, the way he delivers it. Its way too monotone. I think he needs to be more diverse with the way he delivers his promos, other then that, with some work i think he does infact have the "tools"

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,778 Posts
As far as having the tools go, he could certainly do with a couple more. I mean he has mic skills and charisma I give him that, but his look and size makes him look like a 12 year old kid, and he could improve his in ring work as well. But sure if Jeff Hardy can be a world champion then so can Miz.

· Registered
184 Posts
I don't know why but I can't imagine Miz as the face of the company at all. At least not yet because I never see him play a face role that' the one.

He somehow didn't look that strong and can take people down face to face. At least Cena is that muscular and looks like he can kick ass. Punk isn't big but his looks is really like a guy who can beat people.

Miz is more like a talker, not a fighter. Maybe because he talks all the time and didn't wrestle much.

But yeah, he doesn't all the tools, but he got a lot of them.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,509 Posts
here is the checklist for whether or not he can be the face of the company:

- is he John Cena? ( ) yes (x) no

sorry, won't happen. WWE won't bother to make it happen. not gonna speak on his actual abilities or anything, because it just won't happen.

· Registered
3,895 Posts
Probably not, not believable enough, it's quite amusing when he tries to sound like a badass when he's in his 'intense' mode staring a hole through the camera with the last call Scott Hall close up. But he does tick every other box saying that.

· This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
15,298 Posts
Hell no I call him Mr. Average for a reason. Miz doesn't excel at anything. He is average in the ring and on the mic and he just doesn't have star power. They way he is booked doesn't help him at all either because I don't remember the last time he won a match without help. even heels need a win that they earn. Edge won TLC matches, Orton won at WM 24 and against Cena in HIAC, Triple H beat Mick Foley in a streetfight and HIAC. Miz has nothing he has accidental wins with help from Riley, Cole and even CM Punk.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.