Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bret hart On Being placed #4 behind Steve Austin, The Undertaker & Shawn Michaels on WWE’s 50 Greatest Superstars of All Time DVD:

"I beat Steve Austin every time I worked with him throughout my career and yet he he’s graded above him, so figure that out. I could give you a list of 50 wrestlers and it would have credibility because I would have an idea but some guy that’s working for WWE Magazine that makes it up frankly, he can kiss my ass, he doesn’t know anything.”

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
bret is such a huge mark for himself , he is great but he gives himself too much credit it's ridiculous , he should be thankful he made it in the top 5

and judging by how he is bragging about beating austin .. it's obvious that IT'S STILL REAL TO HIM DAMMIT !!

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Don't see the problem here, honestly. Every great with some very few have a big ego and have no problem flaunting it.

They worked their asses off to be able to do that kind of shit period.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Lol. A bitter old man bitching about being placed behind a guy that revitalized the industry. Just go away, and stay away.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
i like bret but well thats stupid
austin deserves all credit he is getting and he may not be the better wrestler but the better entertainer and thats whats important in that business

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
:lmao i can see it now...When Rocky316AE Logs on And and notices this thread he's going to be outraged because The rock isnt ranked number 1 Because clearly The rock had the highest ratings and sold the most merch Thus making him the greatest wrestler on this planet.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Instead of being bitter Bret should be privlaged that Austin is rated so high, he was a major part of establishing the guy, he should be proud he did so well

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Wait, I've just thought of something, people are ripping on Bret for acting like it's still real to him, but if the article was written in Kayfabe then Bret responding in character would in my opinion be logical

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Wait, I've just thought of something, people are ripping on Bret for acting like it's still real to him, but if the article was written in Kayfabe then Bret responding in character would in my opinion be logical
right, but thats the problem, bret isnt in "character". its just the way he is. i honestly have no problem with it. that whole top 50 is ridiculous anyway so who really cares. "its still real to him" was more of a joke than anything.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I wasn't having a go at you with the whole It's still real to him comment, it's fitting for Bret, but how do you know he wasn't protecting Kayfabe when he says he beat Austin everytime, Hart isn't stupid, he'll know it takes two to make a great match, the outcome is irrelevant unless you're kayfabing, I think Hart is very old school in the way he treats the business but I'm not sure how anyone can say for certain that he wasn't talking in character

1 - 20 of 44 Posts