Wrestling Forum banner

Steph have any talent or not?

• Yes, I actually like her character.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • No, she should just get out of the WWE forever.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • She plays a good Face.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • She plays a good Heel (when getting comeuppance)

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • Let her just work backstage as a Writer or something else.

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
She is a great heel. I think she had a talent for making fans hate her and cheer whoever she is against. That is something not a talent not a lot of people have.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I voted that I actually like her character and I do.

I also see both sides of the comeuppance argument

Yeah I understand that it's popular for good heels to get their comeuppance on a semi regular basis, especially if you're a active in-ring talent. I personally feel that with pure authority figures, which is mainly what Stephanie is, I don't think it's that important that the comeuppance is a consistent thing. To me, it also makes it THAT much more special the few times it happens and the more a evil authority figure can get away with, the more it will piss off the crowd when their favorites get "emasculated" by their boss..probably because it hits a cord with a lot of people in regular jobs. When the boiling point reaches fever pitch and the evil authority figure gets their comeuppance, it has sounded like people have had a simultaneous orgasm because it has been so satisfying to FINALLY get what they have been craving. To me that is what makes an amazing heel authority figure and makes you also tell how invested all the people have been/are into said character and large part of them probably without even knowing it.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Wow, some people on this thread saying/implying that Stephanie McMahon has any kind of discernible talent is laughable.

X-Pac heat is very real. The heat that she gets is "GET THE F*** OUT OF MY SCREEN" heat as opposed to the expected heat. You want to see real heat? Look at Miz, look at Owens, look at Paul Heyman. They get real, entertaining heat. Miz is the top heel in the company right now. Not the son-in-law or Stephanie.

I have a friend who works at USA, and he got a chance to see NBCU execs talk with Vince, Stephanie and the son-in-law about RAW, Smackdown and its distribution. The son-in-law was making fart and "twat" jokes, while Stephanie was so clueless about ratings and how ads and sponsors work that it blew away the execs' minds. They had to do a follow up where Barrios and Vince did most of the talking. My point is, neither her or the son-in-law understands the business side of TV, so I wonder what she did in her producer/cheif Brand Officer/Business roles.

Someone on this thread said that the only reason why she has a job is because her last name is McMahon, and that part is 100% true. Nepotism still rules WWE today.

I also laugh when people portray her to be some kind of a nice and genuine person outside of the WWE. Need I remind you of the quote on her personal Twitter account, "Philanthropy is the future of marketing....". She's a money grabbing crook just like her Daddy with no care about others, her "goodness" will probably have a price somewhere down the line.

She's a bi*** in real life, and she comes across like that on TV. She walks around as if she's a big shot in front of talent and people who made it to WWE on merit and acts like she's better than them. I have heard stories about that too. She's not that good of an actress in my opinion. She is who she is, Vince's daughter.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
When Vince crossed Stonecold you knew there was gonna be hell to pay. That's why so many people tuned in that following week. You couldn't wait to see what Austin was gonna do to Vince.

Who's tuning in next week to see who's gonna get payback on Steph? No one? Why is that? Because the narrative is already set in stone. She shows up, acts like condescending bitch to everyone, and gets away with it. How am I suppose to cheer for any wrestler that will allow Stephanie McMahon to walk all over them? How does that benefit the talent in any way?

Let's use her most recent angle with Mick Foley for example. After dealing with her shit for months, in the end, he just gets fired and that's it. The set up was perfect for Mick to give Steph the Mandible Claw. That is what should have happened! Finally someone was able to shut her up. But instead HHH gets it and Steph goes in for the low blow. Once again she slips away minus any comeuppance.

Basically what I'm saying is she's useless. If Steph disappeared off WWE TV nobody would give a shit. If a heel is not there to eventually put the babyface over they end up serving no real purpose anyway.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
She's a good possibly great heel when she gets her comeuppance.. they problem is she over plays her hand i.e. the Triple H/Jericho Mania feud, over stays her welcome ie the last four years, and almost NEVER gets her comeuppance, she used to get her comeuppance a good amount of the time or at least get embarrased somehow but that's changed and now you hardly ever see it.

Whether or not she's any good as a writer is debatable, as we don't actually what ideas are hers or someone elses, but if the creative direction of the company since she's been apart of creative is any indication, she's bad to just plain shitty.

A perfect way to gauge Stephs shittyness it looking at what she's doing now.. either she thinks her character is the biggest face on the show and the crowd are just being dicks to be dicks, which makes her talent level shitty.. or she thinks she's the biggest heel on the show, but doesn't get that heels have to loose once in a while, which also makes her talent level shitty.

Usually experiance is good, but in Stephs case I think it's given her tunnel vision to such a degree that she thinks "they liked what we gave them in the attitude era, they'll like what well give them now".

I find it very amusing that WWE, namely Vince and Steph, have gone through so many head writers and staff writers without stepping back and think "hey what do all the mediocre and unsuccesful creative ideas have in common... holy shit... US!"

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
If Steph disappeared off WWE TV nobody would give a shit.
I completely agree with your post, except for this.... fans would be elated :p

And then do a communal facepalm when she came back a month later, just like after survivor series.

They even tried to pull the "see we told you you'd want us back" gimmick. To which everyone said "Nope... no one's saying that. No one ever has said that. No one ever will say that".

Part of me at times thinks WWE having a shitty product is an inside joke. Like "lets see how bad we can make it before fans actually start to turn away in mass". The narcissism and ineptitude of Steph really is that unbelievable at times... and lets face it WWE has NO problem trolling their own fans.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
I have no idea what she does nor could I recall her contributions to this company.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Steph is great at drawing heat from the crowds.

Most heels would kill for that reaction.

She is a rare commodity these days in the sense that she's a heel who gets boo'd so you could argue she's still one of the best despite her flaws.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I hate the bitch. Self entitled cunt. Born on 3rd base, thinks she hot a triple.

Hear shes nothing like her on air persona in real life.

Yeah, shes talented

·
Registered
303 Posts
Shes very good on the mic. Very comfortable , which she should be in all fairness. I think Russo analysed her very well. Great on the mic but no creativity hence the "this is my ring get out" promo shr does every week.

Outside of mic skills she has no talent except to management speek. She hives the impression she knows what she is doing but when you analyze what she says, nothing makes sense. Thing is she has a degree in marketing and is very insecure, because she knows deep down that she has acomplished nothing. Atleast Shane became a COO of a streaming company. He failed miserably but atleast he took a risk and tried to make something of himself. Stephanie has just stood behind Vince all her career, whereas any other employee would have been sacked for abysmal ratings and feedback of product.

Yes, Stephanie. Ratings do matter and without TV your business is making a loss. Social media dont mean shit.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Shes very good on the mic. Very comfortable , which she should be in all fairness. I think Russo analysed her very well. Great on the mic but no creativity hence the "this is my ring get out" promo shr does every week.

Outside of mic skills she has no talent except to management speek. She hives the impression she knows what she is doing but when you analyze what she says, nothing makes sense. Thing is she has a degree in marketing and is very insecure, because she knows deep down that she has acomplished nothing. Atleast Shane became a COO of a streaming company. He failed miserably but atleast he took a risk and tried to make something of himself. Stephanie has just stood behind Vince all her career, whereas any other employee would have been sacked for abysmal ratings and feedback of product.

Yes, Stephanie. Ratings do matter and without TV your business is making a loss. Social media dont mean shit.
I wonder what Stephanie would be doing if she never went into the WWE path?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
She's definitely talented and a great heel although I always preferred Vickie Guerrero as a heel authority figure over her.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My favourite Stephanie moments usually involve her shutting down CM Punk chants and turning the once great Chicago crowd into little b*tches.

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
I have no problem with Stephanie being so much of a heel but she's not Vince.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts