Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Triple H? Like earlier 2000's Triple H?

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Yeah, a little bit.

His hair is always wet and he moves a bit like Triple H did.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How old is the guy anyway?
34 according to wikipedia.

I think he definitely has the look of a top guy.
If I'd never watched TNA and saw him with the world championship it wouldn't look out of place.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Robert Roode = Cerebral Assassin Triple H.

How people were actually comparing his type of charisma to FLAIR is beyond me.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Roode doesn't remind me of HHH for some reason ,don't get the comparison.:confused:
The only thing they have in common is long hair and a nice spinebuster really.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Roode doesn't remind me of HHH for some reason ,don't get the comparison.:confused:
The only thing they have in common is long hair and a nice spinebuster really.
They both have the same aarogant, smug type of presence thats less energy driven and more "serious badass" driven. You can see it alot in both of their faces.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
1999 HHH that guy who was getting no heat from the crowd at all.

He makes Ted DiBiase jr look charismatic.
Roode makes Ted Jr. look Charismatic? C'mon now thats shootin hella low. Ted Jr. is one the least charismatic guys in the industry. 99.9 percent of the Wrestling World + The Indies has more charisma in their finger than Ted Jr. has in his whole body. Roode looks like Roddy Piper compared to Ted Jr.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Man, come to think of it.. The WWE should really try to catch this guy as HHH's replacement.. How awesome would that be?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Man, come to think of it.. The WWE should really try to catch this guy as HHH's replacement.. How awesome would that be?
Robert Roode can only dream of replacing HHH.He's not even close to being in his league ,he's a midcard tag wrestler at best.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I can see why that comparison would be made as they have a similar look and use a few moves that are the same but as an actual character i would have to say no especially for the comparison with Triple H of 2000 which for me is the best heel of the last 20 years. Just look back at WWE in between late 1999 and early 2001 and you can see that Triple H got HUGE heat and was truly despised by everyone but was very believable in beating any of the top face's clean.

It is a shame we will never see Triple H being the kind of character he was from in between mid 1999 through to his first major injury in mid 2001 because for me he was the best all round in ring performer anywhere in the wrestling world and i have never been a mark for him whilst also bashing him on many an occasion since 2003 onwards. He may not have ever been a major draw compared to others from his era but having that Triple H back in 2011 would boost ratings and maybe in a feud with John Cena or the current character Randy Orton is could be a HUGE draw.

Back on topic though and i personally see more of a combination of Mr Perfect Curt Hennig and Arn Anderson in Robert Roode than i see of Triple H which is still a very big complement to have seeing how both of those are true legends in the business and were two great in ring workers. As for seeing Robert Roode as a main event wrestler i could see it happening in TNA if he was pushed to the moon as a singles star but i don't ever see a natural progression to the main event scene from the mid card like Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, John Cena, Goldberg and Triple H all made after being seen as too big or dominant in the mid card scene so were naturally moved up.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Robert Roode can only dream of replacing HHH.He's not even close to being in his league ,he's a midcard tag wrestler at best.
Yeah wellm nobody can replace Hunter.
But if they build him up a bit normal, he can become really big! Alot of wrestlers in the WWE aren't on his level.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm glad someone's made a thread about this because I was thinking about this comparison a while back and like others have said on here I can see it but not the entire picture. He definatley has the mixture of HHH/Anderson/Hennig definatley more of the latter two.

I think that if Immortal or Fortune is to break up in the near future, say on Impact or on PPV, then I'd have Roode make a solo entrance on the next episode after the break up and give him around 5-10 minutes telling the world that all that Immortal did was hold him down and now it's time for him to step up to the plate and make himself heard in TNA.

He could start a few against Storm to start things off and at the same time keep Storm in the limelight and kickstart his singles push. Would be a brilliant feud imo and then slowly move him up. There are several others in TNA that I'd to see this happen to, but I'd definately rather see Roode battling for main event status then Matt Morgan, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
He looks like that guy from Team Canada, Bobby something....

·
Registered
816 Posts
He looks like that guy from Team Canada, Bobby something....
I miss Team Canada so much. I remember just starting to watch TNA, they were one of the main reasons I kept tuning in. Along with Christian of course.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
He doesnt remind me of HHH but i can see where the thoughts are coming from. Both smug arrogant powerful. Comparing him to a early DX HHH makes sense both not in the limelight yet giving the feeling that you know if they become singles guys they have enough about them to succeed.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.