Wrestling Forum banner

Does Ric Flair belong in the Top 3 of all time greatest wrestlers list?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
He's on and off on my Top 3 Wrestlers of All Time.He was and is one of the most influential Modern/Old School Wrestlers of all time for a reason.Unless you're talking about a specific list(in which case,forgive me I'm new here).Flair's matches I consider to be study material for most current professional wrestlers.Like I said for me he's on and off on the Top 3. My Top 3 at the moment?
-HBK
-Bret Hart
-The Undertaker
Austin and Flair are in my Top 5 for sure though and I switch between them constantly as I stated.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
If its the top 3 in terms of overall superstars...Hogan, Austin and Rock are pretty much a lock. Flair would be 4th.

In terms of top 3 actual in ring talent...you could make a case for it sure. I personally wouldn't. I've seen better.

Flair was above all else an entertainer. He was like Rock, the in ring didn't matter as much as the mannerisms and spectacle. The in ring itself was actually pretty basic. He was a master of doing the least and getting the most out of it. Fantastic storyteller. But I find a lot of his stuff just doesn't hold up these days. Feels too elementary.

So its hard to say. I'd put him in top 3 promos for sure. Personalities, too. But superstar or wrestler? Nah.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.