Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think he doesn't get the credit he deserves in a lot of ways, I think he will be missed ALOT when he retires as he has been the one constant performer there is.
To me he is the standout on the roster in the last almost 20 years who has feuded and had great matches with just about everyone.
I feel like he is one of the last house hold names on the roster, where everyone knows who he is, and last full time worker of his era who hasn't chucked the towel in for an easier schedule.

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
15,704 Posts
Sometimes he doesn't mostly I think he does, Fans will in fact miss him when he hangs it up later on.

His career speaks for itself he may have never been the guy but you didn't have to be.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
He's been booked pretty strong for most of his career. On the other hand, he's wrestled pretty much the same match for the past 15 years. I don't think its disrespect, its just that people are bored with him.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
He gets a lot of credit but I feel like while he's still active it might be harder to rate him as much as we would later on after he retires. The quality of his work greatly depends on how motivated he is, sometimes he wants to put on great work and everyone talks about how good he is, sometimes he just goes through the motions and everyone calls him boring, problem is while he's still active we could be in a time where he just wants to do his job rather than put on a show and just skews our perspective of him.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Couldn't be that he's a self-entitled prick that sexually harassed and shit in women's suitcases? Or the fact that he's failed the wellness tests soo many times that they had to create an 'Orton clause' just to avoid firing his ass.
They can't afford to fire him. He's that good still 20 years later. Facts are facts.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Rules are Rules, no-one should be too good for the 'Wellness Policy'. Just quit pretending to test and only punish certain people. Drop the damn charade
Yea, because getting the upper hand on these scripted matches is key lmao. Relax bro, it aint that deep. He did the time and made the promises to not do it again and he's on his final strike.

You'd be shocked to how many steriods were used without announcements or punishment back in the day. Shouldn't be serious in the world of pro wrestling where match results are pre-decided.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Couldn't be that he's a self-entitled prick that sexually harassed and shit in women's suitcases? Or the fact that he's failed the wellness tests soo many times that they had to create an 'Orton clause' just to avoid firing his ass.
The suitcase thing I feel like he did just for lulz and meme creation.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,337 Posts
Over the last year and a half or so, he's gotten the credit he's rightfully deserved for being as good as he was/is. Over his career though, no he hasn't gotten the credit

Reactions: troyag93

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
He doesn't get enough credit for the amount of young wrestlers he has put over. He is one of the most unselfish top guys in history. Even the one guy he did bury in Kofi Kingston, he has made up for it by putting him over numerous times since such as this past PPV.

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
15,704 Posts
He doesn't get enough credit for the amount of young wrestlers he has put over. He is one of the most unselfish top guys in history. Even the one guy he did bury in Kofi Kingston, he has made up for it by putting him over numerous times since such as this past PPV.
It was one of the most baffling eliminations tbf he gets zero distraction from Alexa then bam a roll up just like that from a Lower Midcard talent.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
agree it will be a sad day when he leaves for good. I feel like the reason is because he's expected to be putting everyone over and always involved with boring storylines with Bray Wyatt (I personally think they're boring once you get past the puppets and Alexa's new Chucky/Harley Quinn gimmick). He should not have been made to put over Keith Lee and I'm just over him feuding with Wyatt or Edge.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
this is true, Kofi, Jinder, Keith Lee to name a few. He likely could have gone to management and complained that he didn't want to put them over (something Cena has done). He may be what people consider as "asshole" backstage but I think he is respectful in his own way.

·
Registered
267 Posts
He's got tons of fans online. He has won tons of championships. A ton of podcasters, commentators, managers, and former wrestlers say he's great, and the videos are all over Youtube. Just exactly how much praise should be heaped upon Orton? He's not some top ten all-time wrestler.

·
Registered
13,083 Posts
Rules are Rules, no-one should be too good for the 'Wellness Policy'. Just quit pretending to test and only punish certain people. Drop the damn charade

A guy with "HBK" in his name preaching about selectively punishing certain people and not others?

Hmmmm, ok...

Reactions: Adapting

·
Registered
174 Posts
They can't afford to fire him. He's that good still 20 years later. Facts are facts.
They can obviously "afford" to fire him. And your fact is an opinion. He's good but doing the exact same thing for 20 years has made him redundant and boring. I doubt anyone but his marks will notice or care when he's gone.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts