Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is the entertainment business, she gets payed, and she can probably handle it. But she's a 42 year old widow with 3 kids, one of whom is old enough to be employed. I don't know too many mothers of 20 year olds who aren't at least as fat as her, or many wrestling employees (male or female) that have her mic ability - that too without any formal training.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
I can't lie, I was feeling pretty bad for her on RAW. The jokes just kept coming and were getting worse.
Although I was laughing, I was feeling bad while she just stood there.

Reactions: sarnobat

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I don't think I can remember a time as the on-air personality of Vickie Guerrero that I felt bad for. If you want to mention how I felt for her after Eddie passed away, then that is a completely different story. Vickie is one of those people that I give respect for. She has a solid role as far as a manager goes and the whole "excuse me" bit. As far as I know she doesn't really have much proper training, but as her on-air role as a heel goes, I enjoy it. The whole jokes toward her goes, it's all a work as far as I'm concerned. But being a mother of three and widowed there was a slim to none chance that she wasn't going to gain some extra weight. Overall, I'm not going to lie she is not one of the worst looking females on the WWE roster.

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
I don't think I can remember a time as the on-air personality of Vickie Guerrero that I felt bad for. If you want to mention how I felt for her after Eddie passed away, then that is a completely different story. Vickie is one of those people that I give respect for. She has a solid role as far as a manager goes and the whole "excuse me" bit. As far as I know she doesn't really have much proper training, but as her on-air role as a heel goes, I enjoy it. The whole jokes toward her goes, it's all a work as far as I'm concerned. But being a mother of three and widowed there was a slim to none chance that she wasn't going to gain some extra weight. Overall, I'm not going to lie she is not one of the worst looking females on the WWE roster.
I actually think she looks pretty hot nowadays, she's lost alot of weight.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I think its fairly safe to say that if Vickie didnt want to put up with the taunts, she wouldnt be playing a heel. It's not as if WWE management would stand in her way if she wanted to be a face instead.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
No, because she clearly understands the business, it's not personal. If anything, she should be proud, she might be the biggest heel in the WWE. Who else gets a reaction like that? "EXCUSE ME" = major heat machine.

·
Leaving em MESMERMIZED!!
2,897 Posts
nope. if she didnt like the treatment im sure she would have quit years ago.

she has lost quite a bit of weight though.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
The likes of Ted Debiase / Drew McIntyre would give their left nuts to have half the heat that Vickie has.

While watching RAW and listening to Cena crack jokes about Vickie, I was BEGGING for Punk to make a joke like "Vickie's so fat, John Cena has her on speed dial" (cos he boned that fat chick)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
No. Don't know if you noticed, but they waited until she's slimmed down to do the jokes. When she was really fat, they kept that stuff to a minimum.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
She's actually a very good sport and she brings it upon herself. She knows how odd it is that she is paired with someone like Ziggler, she completely understands the humour in her on screen relationship.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
most of the part i dont but they can take the Vickie taunts and jokes to far like last year when they wrote Vickie off after extreme rules and the hog pen match they did take it to far.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
People on here are crazy. The truth is that she is completely void of talent. People boo her because she has no business being on TV.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Did you use to get mad when The Rock and Chris Jericho would make fun of Stephanie McMahon every week? She also took numerous Rock Bottom's and The Walls Of Jericho half the time for no reason. She had it worse than Vickie and she is a McMahon.

·
Resident Old Man
3,677 Posts
Did you use to get mad when The Rock and Chris Jericho would make fun of Stephanie McMahon every week? She also took numerous Rock Bottom's and The Walls Of Jericho half the time for no reason. She had it worse than Vickie and she is a McMahon.

Stephanie probably wrote most of that stuff. If Stephanie didn't want to do it, it wouldn't have happened.

Vickie is an employee, and probably doesn't have much say. They give her the story and I doubt they ask her if its ok anymore.

I feel for Vickie because of the fact that her husband gave his life for the business. It still has to be tough for her from time to time.

In all honesty though, I don't think she cares about the fat jokes. She knows at the end of the day, she is going to get paid.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
No, I don't. Like you said OP, she gets payed for it. If she wants to 'prostitute' herself that way, nobody's putting the gun to her head.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The likes of Ted Debiase / Drew McIntyre would give their left nuts to have half the heat that Vickie has.
I would add even Michael Cole to that list. It amazes me that on air talent that aren't wrestlers are getting the best crowd reactions. The heat is amazing for these two individuals. But Vickie takes the cake. Just her presence creates a reaction... it's unbelievable actually to be quite honest.

Ted DiBiase is just pathetic... I mean the Austin crowd was hot throughout the show, but when he came out there was pretty much dead silence lol

1 - 20 of 79 Posts