Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Montez Ford has "it" but where Rock and SCSA said their characters were just them with the volume on 11, Montez currently has the volume at 15. If he learns to tone it down a little he'll be a top guy, if not he'll end up like New Day.

(This all presupposes that Vince isn't disgusted by his chest)
^This pretty much nails it I think. He has the all the tools, but is in some need of fine tuning. Right now he's too over the top too often in my opinion and can cross that line between charismatic and annoying fairly easily.

·
Since Day One
9,879 Posts
Not now. He’s way too annoying and far too over the top. Dude acts like a 80s old school wrestling caricature without any of the endearing nuances. That being said, he has potential. He’s just being saddled with garbage on top of being too much of a cornball.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,227 Posts
He's one of those guys that are better in small doses. Too much of his personality becomes very annoying, very quickly.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Yes he does. I just want to see a more serious side of him. If he can pull off a heel version of his weird self, he will be a singles star.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I think it's too early to tell. Right now they obviously want Ford to be a comedy character but he is definitely gifted athletically and has the potential to be something more in the future. He doesn't really scream "future world champ" to me but there is potential there.

·
The face that runs the List
10,745 Posts
Even though he's quite fit, I can't really take him seriously in a ring, he looks more like a gymnast than a wrestler.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,395 Posts
I think it is too early too say that. He still needs to balance the gestures and actions, but that is difficult without a crowd and direct feedback. NXT was a different story.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts