Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy screams charisma.... and i feel like that's the special sauce that's missing from Raw/SD lately.

Do you think he has the Charisma to become a future world champ?? I certainly think he could have a very good career for himself.

Thoughts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,853 Posts
Montez Ford would be great by himself, but not great enough to be in a World Title program. I wouldn't mind Montez being US Champion in the future though. He's definitely both charismatic and athletic.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Montez Ford would be great by himself, but not great enough to be in a World Title program. I wouldn't mind Montez being US Champion in the future though. He's definitely both charismatic and athletic.

He is better than multiple WWE champions last 30 years already. 5 years from now his potential could be through the roof

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,911 Posts
Montez Ford has "it" but where Rock and SCSA said their characters were just them with the volume on 11, Montez currently has the volume at 15. If he learns to tone it down a little he'll be a top guy, if not he'll end up like New Day.

(This all presupposes that Vince isn't disgusted by his chest)

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Right now he annoys me for the most part but there is some potential. Athleticism and charisma he is not short on.

He is a veteran of the military and you know how WWE loves to exploit that.

A few tweeks here and there. I mean I look at AEW with Hangman Page and Britt Baker both you could see potential but needed something to take them to the next level. Just don't copy the Kofi story where he goes from tag team/midcard to main event but is exactly the same character with no changes (i.e. Kofi throwing pancakes).

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
With the right character yes, but it's hard to see WWE getting it right - he'll be a pure comedy character limited to the mid-card.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some good points...

For those that think he's over acting.... and it's unrealistic.... some may like it, others may not. But it seems to me, like his charisma carries over to other wrestlers (tag partner/Viking Raiders) I was half on the fence with him to start, but i think him at volume 15 works. He never breaks character...and if/when he goes go solo...if booked right could be something special. I think hecan connect with the crowd too.

In terms of not being world champ.... i think it's fair to say world champ right now, if a far goal.... but he is 30. Plus like i mentioned earlier. Who has more Charisma on the roster? Only one comes close is Bray. Roman lacked charisma, and "star power" and he was someone the fans never truly bought into. Yes, he was booked as a star, but fans didn't accept it, or want to accept it. Why.... lacked charisma/mic skills.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
No and it shows in his current feud.

Yes Street Profits and Viking Raiders is stupid goofy shit, but I believe a guy like The Miz could pull this off. If Montez Ford had any charisma he could make the feud even slightly humorous.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I find him pretty annoying most of the time. He does too much and is way too loud. If he could it down by like 50% then I could see something in him, but shtick is hella annoying.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The guy screams charisma.... and i feel like that's the special sauce that's missing from Raw/SD lately.

Do you think he has the Charisma to become a future world champ?? I certainly think he could have a very good career for himself.

Thoughts
Personally this is laughable to me along with Raws tag division for the past 10-15 years.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts