Wrestling Forum banner

Does MITB fuck talent over>

826 10
Does MITB fuck talent over?
Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, Christian, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Drew McNtyre, Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger are all above that... yet they will all likely be placed in this years MITB realistically with like a joke like Dibiase and Otunga.

But does the MITB prevent talents from having classic Wrestlemania matches?
Look at Shelton, MVP, who never got to have classic matches.
Reactions: mcc4374
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7,800 Posts
It's easier to get certain wrestlers on the show and WWE hasn't always put 100% into building midcard titles matches or feuds.

I for one think a wrestler should compete in the match only once.
These guys should be embroiled in a fued that's apart of the biggest show of the year.

As a Punk fan, i was happy he that was involved in a fued at WM 26 instead of competing in MITB for the 4th time.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
There simply is not enough time, even in four hours, to get all of the deserving midcarders onto the show without such a big match every year. Even if you put an Intercontinental and United States Championship match on the card, and the Tag Team Championships and put a bunch of midcarders into singles feuds, there'd still be guys left over. Guys who are clearly above being in the pre-show battle royale or whatever.

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts
CM Punk, Edge, and The Miz say no.

MITB allows midcarders to put on a good match at WM. Yes its a spotfest but having one of those on a card is exciting and anyone who says otherwise is lying. And lets be honest, Shelton or MVP were never going to have huge WM matches anyway. MITB is a great thing in an era where building someone up means they squash a few jobbers and then get fed to John Cena.

· Banned
10,470 Posts
Most of these guys can't have classic Wrestlemania matches yet. When you look at it the WWE's had 8-10 matches on every card since Wrestlemania 21 and had MANY of opportunities to put newer talent over and have classic matches on the card. While I thought the first one was amazing I have many problems with it and don't agree with how they just throw a guy who could be having something good to do like Christian or John Morrison into a MITB match instead of an actual singles match but overall WWE's had way too many opportunities outside of this thrown together ladder free for all to produce classic matches with guys that were in it one year then out of it another year.

· Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,603 Posts
In some ways yes I agree.

Other than the winner everybody else is pretty much forgotten by the end of the MITB clusterfck. Which is a huge waste. I see those guy as listed, that if given the WWE marketing machine these guys can be really popular and make money. But WWE really thinks they can sell with a one match card.

If not at least book your wrestlers better. They've made Morrison look so stupid the past 4 months.

· Registered
1,852 Posts
Our current WWE champ, Nexus leader and World Heavyweight Champion disagree. Plus it added some more clips into promos for spot monkeys like Morrison, Evan Bourne and Jeff Hardy.

But yes you are right to some extent guys like MVP, Christian and Benjamin are/where fucked over, the WWE always think their working towards the greater good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.