Wrestling Forum banner

Do You Believe?

• I BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!!!!!!

Votes: 53 36.1%
  • NO - FAIL THREAD

Votes: 94 63.9%

Does Lawler Have The Slightest Chance of Winning The WWE Title?

4567 Views 56 Replies 48 Participants Last post by  y2jcviper
I personally believe that there's a chance (an incredibly slim one) that Lawler will beat Miz at EC for the title.

WWE have already shown treating their titles like crap, so why not?

Also I find it really hard to believe that Miz is being put on an incredibly easy and anticlimactic road to WrestleMania. You have to ask yourselves 'why is this match taking place now and on PPV?', WWE creative aren't idiots (regardless of how often we criticize them), this match has to serve some purpose.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
1,079 Posts
no. i say this because wwe has been training Cole on how to take bumps for the past couple of months or so. i'm guessing Cole will screw Lawler again and set up a WM match with Cole. If Lawler wins the title he will lose it the next night on Raw.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Not in the slightest. I believe this is just a way to give Miz *sighs* a free pass to Mania as champion. Not to mention that Miz will get unbelievable amount of heat when he crushes Lawler's dream of becoming WWE champion.

· Sgt. Pepper
4,319 Posts
Not in the slightest. I believe this is just a way to give Miz *sighs* a free pass to Mania as champion. Not to mention that Miz will get unbelievable amount of heat when he crushes Lawler's dream of becoming WWE champion.
Plus, I think it's obvious the Alex Riley will cost Lawler the match, setting up a WM match between the two.

· Registered
151 Posts
It's got to be a possibility that he wins, really going for the vulnerable champion, giving the king his moment and then they can have whoever they want screw him over in the rematch, my guess king vs cole WM rather than riley. Also I thought king was looking surprisingly good on raw, I would just worry that it would be downhill from there if it went any longer and was more one on one as king seems best when he's beating down several people at once and they run into him.

· Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
13,078 Posts
Of course he's got a chance; that's why they're booking this on PPV.

Jerry Lawler, right now, is more credible than The Miz. The fans will be rooting for him big time, because he could believably beat The Miz.

More than likely, though, this is just a free pass for Miz to get to WrestleMania. Lord knows he needs one.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
He's got maybe a 5% chance of winning and that's ONLY because he's probably retiring after WrestleMania with the way things look at the moment. And if he does win, Miz is becoming a 2x champion the next night on Raw. He has no chance whatsoever of main eventing WrestleMania.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
I could see Lawler winning the title by cheating and the Raw GM immediately have a rematch on Raw with Riley causing Miz to win and take the strap back. Highy doubt it though.
The rematch clause exists so we don't have to go through ridiculous rematch setups like this one.

Why would Lawler, a face who has criticized the shit out of Miz for cheating while being champion, cheat to win the championship?

That's absurd.

· Registered
4,939 Posts
The rematch clause exists so we don't have to go through ridiculous rematch setups like this one.

Why would Lawler, a face who has criticized the shit out of Miz for cheating while being champion, cheat to win the championship?

That's absurd.
That's not absurd. That's WWE. Faces can get away with anything if they're over enough. It could be explained away as Lawler giving Miz a taste of his own medicine, or something lame like that.

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Lawler winning wouldn't surprise me one bit actually because the heat Miz would gain from winning it back the next night on RAW or even immediately after the first match would be huge. I hope he doesn't because hot-shotting titles like that is stupid but creative has done dumber things.

And to people saying no because Lawler isn't going to go into Mania as champ, come on. Obviously it would be a VERY brief reign just to say that he was WWE champ. Use your heads.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.