Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morrison sounds like a generic name. Johnny Nitro/John Nitro would of been a more cool gimmicky type of name.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
nah either way he's fucked.

Just call him Val lol

EDIT: Just to be clear, no way in hell did I add that sexy thing. Just the first pic that came up in google images.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Being named after the failed rival wrestling programme is never going to be a good long term idea. I get why they went for Morrison, but really it would have been just as well to use his actual name.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Being named after the failed rival wrestling programme is never going to be a good long term idea. I get why they went for Morrison, but really it would have been just as well to use his actual name.
Pretty sure they used Morrison because of Jim Morrison from The Doors.

Edit: read your post wrong...thought it said "dont get why they went for Morrison"

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Nitro reminds less the name of a program than Morrison the name of a dead rockstar. And Nitro sounds more cool than Morrison, so yes.

·
Santina's Lover
4,216 Posts
It'd be better as Nitro for the simple reason that crowds seem to struggle chanting things that include more than 2 syllables. It's an important part of getting over as a face hence why WWE probably tried to popularise JoMo. God help them if they ever try getting McGillicutty over.

As an experiment could anyone give me examples of someone over as a face with more than 2 syllables in their surname/ring name without the use of acronyms (i.e. Y2J) or something that rhymes with "let's go"?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Doesn't matter, either way he's going to be a jobber:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Morrison is heaps better, but either way the dude needs more help than just a cool name to get anywhere at this point.

It'd be better as Nitro for the simple reason that crowds seem to struggle chanting things that include more than 2 syllables. It's an important part of getting over as a face hence why WWE probably tried to popularise JoMo. God help them if they ever try getting McGillicutty over.

As an experiment could anyone give me examples of someone over as a face with more than 2 syllables in their surname/ring name without the use of acronyms (i.e. Y2J) or something that rhymes with "let's go"?
UN-DER-TA-KER :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts