Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking about him spoiling the handicap match (if he did anyway), but moreso his announcing in general. He is quite possibly the worst face announcer I have ever heard. Just from last night's RAW, when he was arguing with Cole about how Cody won the tables match unfairly, Cole says 'the object is to put your opponent through the table, which Rhodes did' and Lawler replies 'no he did not'. He just has a really annoying double standard where if a heel does something controversial we never hear the end of it but if a face does the exact same thing, it's perfectly ok. I know there's a script or whatever and he is a face announcer but he is so stupidly annoying, I don't even have a problem with Cole since Lawler spoils the commentary before Cole can.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
He didn't really spoil the tag match, the way he said it was like Punk was facing Tensai and the other Japanese dude. But oh well.

I like him, i like that he's been in the busness for years. It adds something to the show.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
He should quit already.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Not just you. I can't stand the guy. I don't mind him wrestling occasional matches here and there, but his commentary is just so awful and irritating.

·
Registered
894 Posts
His commentary annoys me to hell. Show sends Cody through the table after Extreme Rules and there is nothing wrong, if the heel did that he would be kicking off.
H also said he enjoyed it how CM Punk told Johnny how it is. Yet he despised Punk in the Summer of Punk and during the shoot for saying how it is.
I know it's scripted but IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
heel jerry lawler on commentary was awesome. old face jerry lawler is just terrible, really doesnt add anything to the show and hasnt for years now.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Well Jerry said recently he does not enjoy doing commentary but as long as he is still getting a paycheck he will still be doing it no matter how tedious he finds it.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
He need to turn Heel. Heel King was the best thing WWE had since the Wendi Richter screwjob.

·
Registered
708 Posts
He didn't really spoil the tag match, the way he said it was like Punk was facing Tensai and the other Japanese dude. But oh well.

I like him, i like that he's been in the busness for years. It adds something to the show.
He adds poor commentary. Have JR & Heyman back on commentary. They were awesome.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Booker T should just completely replace him, I agree. King totally lost his wit sometime towards the end of the Ruthless Aggression era.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
You could replace Lawler with a plank of wood and it would be better at this point. How he hasn't left the commentary table yet is totally beyond me.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,516 Posts
I'm not talking about him spoiling the handicap match (if he did anyway), but moreso his announcing in general. He is quite possibly the worst face announcer I have ever heard. Just from last night's RAW, when he was arguing with Cole about how Cody won the tables match unfairly, Cole says 'the object is to put your opponent through the table, which Rhodes did' and Lawler replies 'no he did not'. He just has a really annoying double standard where if a heel does something controversial we never hear the end of it but if a face does the exact same thing, it's perfectly ok. I know there's a script or whatever and he is a face announcer but he is so stupidly annoying, I don't even have a problem with Cole since Lawler spoils the commentary before Cole can.
That right there is the main reason i hate him. Like when Team Johnny vs Team Teddy was going on Laurinaitis and his team came out wearing shirts with Johnny's face on them, King said "look at those shirts, Team Teddy doesn't need any ridiculous shirts like that". Then Teddy came out seconds later wearing the same exact shirt except with his face on them, and King said "well those shirts looks alot better than Laurinaitis's".

·
Post'n Errry Now and Then
1,709 Posts
His commentary is so shit it makes me laugh for some reason. Especially When Cole calls him and Booker out for shit, Good stuff

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
He's absolutely dreadful. When was the last time he did not make a creepy remark when a diva was on-screen? At least Regal is subtle with his dirty jokes.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
He was annoying before, but it didn't really bother me much, but he's become a lot more unbearable lately.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
I stopped listening to him 5 years ago. The fact that he went from awesome heel announcer to unbearable face ass kisser. He can't even call the people's elbow good like he used to.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts