Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys :)

Long time no see, I'm wrestling_fan_03 and I used to come here often but had to step away for a while due to personal reasons. And I have to say, I'm glad to be back here, I've seen a few wrestling forums here and there during my absence but none even reached the quality that you guys have.

And I love the forum's new design it looks fantastic :D
On to my topic:
I might have asked this question once upon a time, but I couldn't find it, so please accept my apology in advance.

A few years ago, Impact planed a merger with GFW and at Slammaversery 2017 all titles were unified.
Months later, Double J left Impact and took the GFW name with him, but according to wikipedia and pro wrestling wiki Impact kept the "global" name. Jarret is now is a producer in WWE, and he only made one GFW event prior and that was with the NWA before he signed with Vinne Mac.

My question is, who owns the GFW belts that were unified at Slammaversery 2017, both the physical belts and their name? Impact or Jarret?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Tough to say, the name is owned by jj. Hopefully they pissed on them before they handed them back

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Didn't Jarrett convince Anthem to buy all the trademarks and footage and all like that when Impact and GFW merged? Or am I misremembering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts