Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is quite simple. Full time WWE wrestlers are subjected to a very strict Wellness policy. Many of them are in fantastic shape, but they bear no resemblance in overall size to the performers of the Attitude or Ruthless Aggression eras. And for the sake of their health, that is probably a good thing.

HHH is head of NXT and an occasional wrestler. At this point in time, he probably has a more massive physique than anyone else on the roster, even now Brock Lesnar. Knowing the Wellness limitations on the main roster, is it good to have a 6’5” muscle-bound, 49 year old CEO competing and making the rest of the roster look small in comparison? Especially since the rest of the roster cannot realistically hope to get as large as Hunter?

https://images.app.goo.gl/riqwhmdNYqNxRWFu8

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,173 Posts
All you have to do is look at guys like Lashley and EC3 to know that the “Wellness Policy” is not preventing anyone from being on the gear.

Besides that Triple H is nowhere near the size he used to be. If he looks huge it’s because the WWE is filled with too many small, skinny, indy geek gymnasts.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All you have to do is look at guys like Lashley and EC3 to know that the “Wellness Policy” is not preventing anyone from being on the gear.

Besides that Triple H is nowhere near the size he used to be. If he looks huge it’s because the WWE is filled with too many small, skinny, indy geek gymnasts.
Forgot about Lashley. But overall, I think WWE’s Wellness policy has been very successful in keeping most of the men’s roster off of PEDs, as it is prohibitively expensive to circumvent it. I can probably count on one hand the number of full time WWE wrestlers who are likely juicing.

·
2,173 Posts
Forgot about Lashley. But overall, I think WWE’s Wellness policy has been very successful in keeping most of the men’s roster off of PEDs, as it is prohibitively expensive to circumvent it. I can probably count on one hand the number of full time WWE wrestlers who are likely juicing.
Not a chance. They might not be on the mass building roids of the 80’s, but probably 90% of the roster is on something. Steroids aren’t just to get huge, they are to stay lean as well, and recovery.

Even guys like Finn Balor probably bleed clenbuterol to stay that lean while dealing with the demanding travel schedule.

The WWE “Wellness Policy” if it exists at all, probably informs the wrestlers when they are testing so they know when to piss clean. If they fail it it’s probably drug related or they took an over the counter supplement that had something in it they weren’t aware of.

When the WWE contracts a neutral party anti-doping agency to conduct their testing, then maybe I’ll believe they are clean.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not a chance. They might not be on the mass building roids of the 80’s, but probably 90% of the roster is on something. Steroids aren’t just to get huge, they are to stay lean as well, and recovery.

Even guys like Finn Balor probably bleed clenbuterol to stay that lean while dealing with the demanding travel schedule.

The WWE “Wellness Policy” if it exists at all, probably informs the wrestlers when they are testing so they know when to piss clean. If they fail it it’s probably drug related or they took an over the counter supplement that had something in it they weren’t aware of.

When the WWE contracts a neutral party anti-doping agency to conduct their testing, then maybe I’ll believe they are clean.
If that’s true and the process is a farce, then why don’t more wrestlers use it not just for recovery, but to get larger? I’m thinking of people like The Revival, Curtis Axel, or Kurt Hawkins...all of them would be looked at differently if they were bigger. Just as Jinder was.

Not disputing your assertion, just wondering why more wrestlers don’t take advantage of the policy to get larger if it’s so lax.

·
Registered
649 Posts
most wrestlers used to look like construction workers or power lifters. it almost physically impossible to be that buff and/or shredded with that schedule clean.

older guys like superstar graham and macho man (even before the wwf) were but they were d-bol'd out of their minds.

·
2,173 Posts
If that’s true and the process is a farce, then why don’t more wrestlers use it not just for recovery, but to get larger? I’m thinking of people like The Revival, Curtis Axel, or Kurt Hawkins...all of them would be looked at differently if they were bigger. Just as Jinder was.

Not disputing your assertion, just wondering why more wrestlers don’t take advantage of the policy to get larger if it’s so lax.
Money, health risks, don’t feel like putting in the gym time, etc.

Steroids aren’t some magic potion that makes you big. You still have to put in serious time in the gym and most importantly the kitchen, maintaining a strict diet to get the massive gains.

The guys you mentioned don’t scream gym rat to me, so steroids for them is a waste of money. Jinder is juiced out of his mind, but if you follow his Instagram he’s living in the gym.

I’m sure there are tons of normal looking wrestlers who’ve also used PEDs to return from injury. Look at all the times Cena returns from injury ahead of schedule, that was 100% from PEDs, he’s not Wolverine.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Utvolzac basically summed it all up. They’re all on gas, just not the 90s shit because we’re surrounded by little men. Look at Orton/Lashley/EC3/Jinder for proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Triple H has never been anywhere close to 6'5, he's about 6'1 and his wrestling billed height is 6'4. When he faced off against John Cena they were practically the same height. The Rock is 6'3 and towers over Triple H in this video. Wrestling billed heights and billed weights aren't real bro. I figured that out when I was 11 years old.

As for your question, Triple H is the exception to the rule. It's as simple as that. I doubt other part timers get tested either. The roster is on average much smaller than it used to be, so a guy like Triple H stands out more despite Triple H himself being smaller muscle mass wise compared to his prime. If this thread was made 8 years ago it might be relevant, but Triple H wrestles so rarely now it's not even important. Plenty of guys on the roster are in great shape, but most are smaller than past eras. A guy like Ziggler for example has always been in tremendous shape but because he's only like 5'11, it's overlooked. Neville before he left the company was one of the most jacked small guys they had but it didn't get much attention because he was short. So often it's not just a muscle mass question, it's size + height.

·
Registered
797 Posts

You dont even have to be huge huge, Cesaro, the Usos, Roman, Cedric even looks the part, others look extremely unconvincing.

·
2,173 Posts
I would imagine there would be if dozens of actors dropped dead last 25 years before the age of 45. There would be public outcry if that happened.
[/QUOTE]

That and the Hollywood guys are probably using HGH not anabolics. Hgh administered properly by a doctor has positive health benefits other than muscles. Movie Studios probably have actual doctors on staff willing to administer it.

The 70’s-80’s wrestlers were using some back alley who knows what’s in it shit, while some jobber dealer sticks a needle in their ass.

But really all those “steroid related deaths” are from mixing them with drugs/alcohol.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Thing is steroids are not as dangerous by themselves as they are combined with other drugs. Look at wrestlers like Batista, Cena, HHH, Brock, Lashley, etc. They are all obviously on steroids, or HGH or whatever else but they are still alive and doing well because they are not idiots who combine steroids with cocaine, partying, bad diet, alcohol, etc. Older wrestlers, just like most bodybuilders these days take not only steroids but other 177 different drugs too and when they die young it's all blamed on steroids.

Are guys like Cena and other mentioned above doing damage to their bodies and shortening their lives? Sure, but not as much as guys like Scott Hall and other who other drugs and partied all the time too.

Also I doubt steroids are doing as much damage to wrestlers as constant traveling, wrestling and taking bumps 300 days a year does. Vince if he wants less injuries and deaths should cut down on wrestling and traveling.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Also no idea where do you get HHH being 6'5, he was never even billed that high, the highest I remember for him was 6'4 but he was 6'2 max.

Other guy who mentioned Ziggler above at 5'11, he is like 5'9 maybe 10 max.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Also I doubt steroids are doing as much damage to wrestlers as constant traveling, wrestling and taking bumps 300 days a year does. Vince if he wants less injuries and deaths should cut down on wrestling and traveling.

That's all connected.

The grueling schedule resulted in injuries that you had to work through to get paid, which resulted in steroids & other drugs being used. Vince cut down on all of that considerably.

Also, no one in WWE today is taking bumps 300 days a year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts