Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I always have thought about that, I find orton and punk pretty equal right now, edge is a 11 time champion, so was edge better than randy and punk?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
well I always have thought about that, I find orton and punk pretty equal right now, edge is a 11 time champion, so was edge better than randy and punk?

Yes he was as good as both Superstars Orton and Punk. The company right now really lacks another big name but yes Edge was as good as Cena Orton Punk.

Edge is underrated as is Orton. To top 15 wrestlers ever.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
I would say they are all three at about the same level. If I had to pick I would say that Punk has the most all around talent

Punk- Best mic work of the three and his top 5 singles matches are better than any offerings from the other two

Orton-The prototype of what a wrestler should look like. Above average ring work, but not very versatile on the mic

Edge- All of his best in ring work was in a tag team. He had some great singles matches, though. Decent look, but I just did not like his mic work at all. Not saying it was bad, just not my style. He played his gimmick well, but I just hated how he got so many reigns so quick.

Reactions: Samoon

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Man Orton and Edge has some classic matches. You wouldn't be far off to say they had some of the best matches the last 25 years. Orton and Edge are awesome.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Punk > Edge > Orton.

I'm not sure what you mean by being on the same level, if you mean credibility, but I'd say Edge and Orton are about even. Both have been the top heel in the company, both have been the face of Smackdown, both have lots of world title reigns. Punk shot past them with his 434-day title reign and his big feuds like Undertaker and Brock Lesnar this year. Couldn't see them trusting Orton with that much ever.

If by skill, then I'd say Punk > Edge > Orton. Punk is a bit sloppy in the ring but a damn good storyteller and one of the greats on the mic. Edge was a little limited in the ring but also an ace on the mic and could build such a damn character. Orton is better in the ring than Edge and about even with Punk but is fairly generic.

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
Punk is miles ahead of those two.

Orton > Edge in the ring, Edge > Orton on the mic. Not a fan of either guy though. Give me Christian over them any day.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Orton and Edge are some of the top, more modern heels of all time. Edge is up there, and so is Orton. Punk COULD have been up there but he's not successful as a heel any more because he has such a cult following who enjoy anything he does.

Though, SES Punk was great - if he kept that gimmick for a while he would have been the best heel the WWE has ever had.

I think that all three are some of the best heel workers the WWE has. In the second highest group of heels - second to only HHH in the modern era. Orton and Punk are maybe in the third highest group of faces, and Edge in the fourth, in my mind.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
Not biased, personal preference.

I'm not starting an argument, but could you briefly explain what about Punk you hate or dislike so much, I really wanna know lmao.
His personality is awful. He's an egotistical, delusional, self-centered, narcissist. He's a selfish, condescending, stubborn, hypocrite.

Tact on the fact the he isn't very good, and that his fans are just as annoying as he is, and boom, he's unlikable.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
His personality is awful. He's an egotistical, delusional, self-centered, narcissist. He's a selfish, condescending, stubborn, hypocrite.

Tact on the fact the he isn't very good, and that his fans are just as annoying as he is, and boom, he's unlikable.
That's the best part about his persona, I like it.

Plus Orton is quite the same, he comes across as very egotistical, self-centered etc and I'm not just saying that, he genuinely comes across the same. And is definitely not short on confidence.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts