Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems to me Dixie doesn't believe in her guys. For instance AJ Styles. AJ Styles was world champ for 7 months. He gave us some good performances. I think it's safe to say AJ delivered ***1/4 to **** every PPV. However, she puts the belt on RVD just 4 weeks after bis arrival in the company. All in attempt for ratings. Now doesn't that say, "AJ, RVD is better than you and can do a lot more for my company and bring ratings". Also look at this situation. Daniels was jobbed to Morely. There's no "if", "ands" and "buts" to this Daniels jobbed. Does she seriously think Morely is a better wrestler than Daniels? Then she fires him.

I truly believe Dixie has no faith in her guys. Look at recent PPV main events. RVD vs Hardy vs Anderson vs Abyss (TNA guy but Hogan's boy). Ever since RVD won the title the main event has been Ex-WWE guys. Why does she insist the Ex-WWE guys are a bigger draw. They have Jeff freaking Hardy and viewership is still low. Isn't that a damn good hint by now?

She's a mark and doesn't know talent when she sees it. She sees guys like AJ, Joe, Daniels, Guns, Lethal etc as nobodies. She only think Ex-WWE guys are draws because well she's a mark and goes by the big names.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes guys another shit thread by none other than Sharkboy22 and I give this one about 2 minutes before closing.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It seems to me Dixie doesn't believe in her guys. For instance AJ Styles. AJ Styles was world champ for 7 months. He gave us some good performances. I think it's safe to say AJ delivered ***1/4 to **** every PPV. However, she puts the belt on RVD just 4 weeks after bis arrival in the company. All in attempt for ratings. Now doesn't that say, "AJ, RVD is better than you and can do a lot more for my company". Also look at this situation. Daniels was jobbed to Morely. There's no "if", "ands" and "buts" to this Daniels jobbed. Does she seriously think Morely is a better wrestler than Daniels? Then she fires him.

I truly believe Dixie has no faith in her guys. Look at recent PPV main events. RVD vs Hardy vs Anderson vs Abyss (TNA guy but Hogan's boy). Ever since RVD won the title the main event has been Ex-WWE guys. Why does she insist the Ex-WWE guys are a bigger draw. They have Jeff freaking Hardy and viewership is still low. Isn't that a damn good hint by now?

She's a mark and doesn't know talent when she sees it. She sees guys like AJ, Joe, Daniels, Guns, Lethal etc as nobodies. She only think Ex-WWE guys are draws because well she's a mark and goes by the big names.
I agree with the whole AJ thing. He was coming into his own and putting on very good matches.

But Dixie isn't a booker or writer or a part of creative. She also doesn't know much about the business so I doubt she decides who to push. I personally think thats its Russo or Bischoff making all these shit decisions to push the wrong people, for example bringing in the nasty boys.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with the whole AJ thing. He was coming into his own and putting on very good matches.

But Dixie isn't a booker or writer or a part of creative. She also doesn't know much about the business so I doubt she decides who to push. I personally think thats its Russo or Bischoff making all these shit decisions to push the wrong people, for example bringing in the nasty boys.
Yes but at the end of the day she has the final say. But she doesn't know jackshit but wrestling and probably thinks to herself "If Hogan says it's good, it's good"

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yes but at the end of the day she has the final say. But she doesn't know jackshit but wrestling and probably thinks to herself "If Hogan says it's good, it's good"
So you want someone who you admit doesn't know jackshit about wrestling to have a bigger role/ say in creative?

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Anderson was in TNA in the early days, btw.

The Nasty Boys it was because of Hogan, he mentioned it on Impact that he gave them a chance to prove themselves.

Dont know if Abyss is still Hogan's boy, he was supposed to be TNA's Cena according to Hogan, by turning him heel its a way to say that Hogan gave up on him.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well, Abyss is getting lots of screen time, so there's something that should make you happy. Fortune is also something that looks like is going to make a big splash in TNA. And more pushes to come.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
It seems to me Dixie doesn't believe in her guys. For instance AJ Styles. AJ Styles was world champ for 7 months. He gave us some good performances. I think it's safe to say AJ delivered ***1/4 to **** every PPV. However, she puts the belt on RVD just 4 weeks after bis arrival in the company. All in attempt for ratings. Now doesn't that say, "AJ, RVD is better than you and can do a lot more for my company and bring ratings". Also look at this situation. Daniels was jobbed to Morely. There's no "if", "ands" and "buts" to this Daniels jobbed. Does she seriously think Morely is a better wrestler than Daniels? Then she fires him.

This might be a scary thought, but maybe Hardy and Anderson are where they are in TNA because they have talent (well, charisma and a following in Hardy's case). Anderson in particular is a guy TNA can mold to carry the company in the future. I agree with you in principle, but it is very pretentious of you to attach the WWE reject stigma to guys who can perform and add actual depth to the roster on the basis of fanboyism.

·
Banned
1,210 Posts
RVD hasn't been in the WWE in years and I hope that TNA doesn't make the mistake you make in assuming Mr. Anderson isn't their wrestler-- their star.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Some people are calling her the Sarah Palin of wrestling. lol.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I can't believe people still bring up Daniels losing a match to Venis and the Nasty Boys.
Venis and the Nasty Boys were on screen for a total of about 20 minutes.

AJ had the belt for seven months. Seems like a pretty long run by today's standards.

I didn't want RVD to win the title, but it's not like putting the belt on a popular wrestler who, theoretically, is still young enough to perform is the craziest booking the world has ever seen.

Isn't Dixie the one who really loves Hernandez and wants the Knockouts to remain important?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Being a mark and running a wrestling company is not a good combo I'm just saying.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I can't believe I'm going to say this; but for once I fucking agree with you.

I'm not sure if it's the people in her ear, or she just loves her shiny new toys. AJ, Daniels and Joe main eventing was getting better ratings, the show was more interesting, and the matches were better.

The additions she added Hardy/Anderson have their advantages and IMO have been used pretty well. But RVD coming and and trouncing AJ Styles was fucking bullshit, and a kick to the nuts or us and her own wrestlers that got her to where she is.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
So you want someone who you admit doesn't know jackshit about wrestling to have a bigger role/ say in creative?
At the very least, she should have enough sense to fire people who clearly aren't up to the task assigned to them.

Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion daddy bought her business degree. Otherwise she would've axed Jarrett long before she did, she would've axed Hogan and Bischoff by now, and fucking advertize for once.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
If she had any faith in her wrestlers, she wouldn't have hired Hogan and Bischoff or focus things solely on ex-WWE talent and Abyss. Oh and she protects Vince Russo. The Hogan talent are from the failed Australia tour, so no wonder he got them into TNA.

If she wasn't like this, I'm sure someone else would be running TNA by now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts