Votes: 9 29.0%
  • WWE makes Rhea a star

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Charlotte lost to Carmella clean my man. Carmella didn't cheat to win at Backlash.
Iconics beat charlotte down before the match? That's not clean in my book.

A clean win is when the loser has 0 excuses. Getting beat down before a match is an excuse. She wasn't at 100%.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
So what if its a triple threat match and blows last years triple threat match first time ever main evented by women out the ring?

Its gonna make Becky and Ronda look bad and the NXT women are the ones to look at for womens matches not main roster

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
So what if its a triple threat match and blows last years triple threat match first time ever main evented by women out the ring?

Its gonna make Becky and Ronda look bad and the NXT women are the ones to look at for womens matches not main roster
You know why its not. Because Ronda is a star compared to all the other involved this year and last year. So no matter what they do, it is definitely not going to make Ronda look bad or the match she had.

·
NBA
2,198 Posts
Iconics beat charlotte down before the match? That's not clean in my book.
He means the Backslash match, where Carmella indeed went over Charlotte clean as a whisper (not exactly, since commentary pushed the whole bad kneee thing, but still), but then again, most people act as if that match never existed, like the Becky-Sasha match at CoC.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
He means the Backslash match, where Carmella indeed went over Charlotte clean as a whisper (not exactly, since commentary pushed the whole bad kneee thing, but still), but then again, most people act as if that match never existed, like the Becky-Sasha match at CoC.
IMO, since Carmella did not use any foreign objects to bash Charlotte's knee, and Charlotte in fact screwed herself up, it's totally clean imo. The key in wrestling is to take advantage of your opponent's weaknesses without cheating and Carmella did that.

Ergo, Carmella defeated Charlotte clean as a whistle.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts

It could be better but I doubt it would be a great match. Rhea and Bianca aren't the greatest workers on their own and Charlotte isn't always patient with inexperienced people. If they practice...A LOT...it might be a decent match though.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
You can't say clean as a whistle and then say "not exactly" lol. That's exactly why it wasn't clean.

I think the easiest definition to go by is 1v1 match, no cheating, no ref fuck ups, no injuries or beat downs before the match.

For a win to be clean, the loser has to have 0 excuses to call on.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
IMO, since Carmella did not use any foreign objects to bash Charlotte's knee, and Charlotte in fact screwed herself up, it's totally clean imo. The key in wrestling is to take advantage of your opponent's weaknesses without cheating and Carmella did that.

Ergo, Carmella defeated Charlotte clean as a whistle.
Ergo, no

Wrestling isn't real. If this was a real spot then I would agree she lost clean because she's dumb and her opponent was smarter. But since wrestling is scripted, Charlotte was booked to have an injury therefore giving her an excuse to lose the match. Creative was protecting her character by booking it that way. Creative was telling us that Carmella is not the better woman because she NEEDED an injury to beat Charlotte.

Losing clean as a whistle means your character was not protected, you have no excuses for losing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think it's likely Rhea gets the win, I don't see them putting Charlotte back in NXT. The question is though, what will Rheas next steps be after the win. Will she the immediately be called up after Wrestlemania or stay in NXT?

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I think it's likely Rhea gets the win, I don't see them putting Charlotte back in NXT. The question is though, what will Rheas next steps be after the win. Will she the immediately be called up after Wrestlemania or stay in NXT?
That’s the issue. If Rhea wins and goes to the main roster, who else is there for her to feud with outside of Becky? No other woman is bigger than Charlotte and Becky. That’s why I think they should make it a Triple Threat with Bianca, and have Bianca take the pin. Assuming that they’re all in on this Rhea push. You can’t give Rhea everything NOW at only 23 yrs old. Beating both Charlotte then Becky would be giving her everything. The women’s division is too dead for that on the main roster. And WWE only has themselves to blame.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That’s the issue. If Rhea wins and goes to the main roster, who else is there for her to feud with outside of Becky? No other woman is bigger than Charlotte and Becky. That’s why I think they should make it a Triple Threat with Bianca, and have Bianca take the pin. Assuming that they’re all in on this Rhea push. You can’t give Rhea everything NOW at only 23 yrs old. Beating both Charlotte then Becky would be giving her everything. The women’s division is too dead for that on the main roster. And WWE only has themselves to blame.
Absolutely, then the issue with the championship also as she would need to drop it to make the jump the main roster. Mind you, they could continue the Charlotte/Rhea feud after Mania, so they could just have Charlotte cost her the championship at the next takeover show to Bianca perhaps?

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Ergo, no

Wrestling isn't real. If this was a real spot then I would agree she lost clean because she's dumb and her opponent was smarter. But since wrestling is scripted, Charlotte was booked to have an injury therefore giving her an excuse to lose the match. Creative was protecting her character by booking it that way. Creative was telling us that Carmella is not the better woman because she NEEDED an injury to beat Charlotte.

Losing clean as a whistle means your character was not protected, you have no excuses for losing.
I suppose you're right that was the intention. But isn't the point of wrestling, in kayfabe, to beat up your opponent so that you can pin/submit them? If they get injured because they botched, isn't it their fault?

All that said, that was a very weak protection for Charlotte and was designed to make Carmella look strong in her first defense. They were quite all-in at first with Carmella for that title reign.

·
Custom User Title
6,306 Posts
This is a good question. And one that will be hard to solve. No other woman is really benefiting from this feud. I honestly think the only feud left for her at that point after Mania will probably be against Io. Or at least the only credible threat left (she is the only woman to have not eaten a pinfall or submission loss since turning heel, and hasn't lost in televised singles competition since she turned heel as well). No one cares about Dakota right now because she's eaten way too many losses and looked weak constantly, and has zero heat as a result.

Honestly I would have Rhea lose the title at the Takeover after Mania to Io, and then get called up to fill a slot on Smackdown since their women's division is a goddamn trash fire right now and they need some strong talent. If Rhea goes over Io, then the division is truly fucked, because they have given Rhea way too much way too quickly, and they 100% will not give whoever dethrones her the build required to do so.

I know some people are going to say Bianca, but I think she's heading to RAW after Wrestlemania. She's talked about how she doesn't like being separated from Montez Ford. And there's also the fact she really doesn't have much left to do in NXT either.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts