Votes: 9 29.0%
  • WWE makes Rhea a star

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Charlotte will win, but then drop it 3 days later on NXT in a multiwomen scramble to "protect" her. She never mentions it again and moves on back to the main roster.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I dont like how this undercuts and undermines Bianca's title match at Takeover.

Now with Charlotte and Rhea pretty much unofficially confirmed everyone knows Bianca is losing no there's almost no reason to invest and be excited for the match in a unexpected suspenseful way. Only thing to look foward to is that lll be a great but predictable outcome match.

If it was me I would have had Charlotte play with the fans longer on the decision. One week shes on Raw,next week on Smackdown, Id have her even go to NXT UK amd tease challenging Kay Lee Ray for her title.

Not till Portland is over would I have Rhea go to Raw or Charlotte to NXT.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
First of all....It completely buries Belair to set up this match before Belair's title match even takes place. They couldn't have waited a couple weeks? It's frustrating because I actually think Belair is better than Ripley. But back to the topic.

They SHOULD have Charlotte put over Ripley. Charlotte literally has nothing left to accomplish. She honestly should just retire. She is a 5 time Smackdown Women's Champion. A 4 time Raw Women's Champion. A Divas Champion. An NXT Champion. She has main evented a Wrestlemania. She has won a Royal Rumble. They have basically given her every single accomplishment that a person can get. So what would she get out of beating Rhea? She has already been an NXT Champion. So she has very little to gain by winning this match while Rhea has a lot more to gain. You have to pull the trigger on Rhea. Which means they probably won't because Vince never strikes while the iron is hot.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Rhea Ripley is definitely the future of WWE so I definitely see her defeating Charlotte so The Queen can pass the torch to The Nightmare but like people are saying I see Bianca Belair definitely getting involved which could lead to an epic Triple Threat between Rhea/Charlotte/Bianca which I have no problem.

·
Asuka
96,466 Posts
It’s a possibility. Charlotte has beaten everyone on the main roster. NXT’s women are fresh for the picking. And then there’s AEW. Not saying she’s gonna stay down there but I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a short stint on NXT to help with the ratings and dominate even more.
You are out of your mind if you think Vince is sending Charlotte to NXT. I don't care if it's only for a month, it's not happening.

She was also booked strongly on SD and SurvivorSeries going over SD/RAW superstars.

Rhea is the future, embrace it.
First of all, I will never embrace rancid dog shit. I have standards. Secondly, I'm not even watching the womens division outside of Asuka, so it makes no difference to me if she's the future or not. I only watch Asukas programs. Be the future all you want, terrific. I won't see it unless it involves Asuka.

Thirdly, she was booked over Raw and SmackDown WRESTLERS, not fucking superstars... this is not WWE propaganda land, this is reality, they're wrestlers, the reason she was booked strongly against them is because she's a member of the NXT roster and she's the top girl on NXT. When she's called up to the main roster, she's in a completely different ballgame now. Everything with NXT right now is about beating AEW, that's it. You can't look at Rhea or Shayna or Keith Lee or Adam Cole (although Adam Cole is the next Seth Rollins) or anyone else on NXT and what they do on the main roster right now as being indicative of what they'll do on the main roster because they're NOT on the main roster. You think Keith Lee is gonna beat Seth Rollins clean when he's called up to the main roster? I don't buy that for a second. Ripleys push as far as I see is about the NXT brand, accentuating the brand and furthering it however possible within the parameters of what Vince is willing to do (ie, no major stars like Chuck Flair being sent down there). When Ripley is a purely main roster product, do I think Ripley is gonna be a major force? Hell no, why would I? Have you seen how Vince treats Australians and ugly chicks? She's both. Yeah she's also tall and blonde but so is Lacey Evans and she's more of the Vince model and even she can't catch a break. I see Ripley in the Braun Strowman role, where people just assume because she's a "monster", so called, she's gonna rip through the division and she ends up winning against anyone except for the real top stars and doesn't collect titles. Maybe Vince really is taken by her, we'll see. If Vince is in love with Ripley for real, then good for him I guess. I don't give a fuck.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I think Rhea gets the rocket push.

She is a fucking beast who could also be dressed up to be red-hot if they wanted her to be. She has all the tools in presentation and in the ring.

I think the need for NXT to pump ratings is going to not only force this week's hand, but Rhea is going over Charlotte at Mania.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,822 Posts
First of all....It completely buries Belair to set up this match before Belair's title match even takes place. They couldn't have waited a couple weeks? It's frustrating because I actually think Belair is better than Ripley. But back to the topic.
yeah... totally showed they dont take belair seriously at all. :cry:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Charlotte lost to Carmella in summer of 18 and was still challenging Rousey at Survivor Series that year so a defeat to Ripley won't hurt her

They could have Charlotte beat Ripley then lose on TV mainevent few weeks later.
With all do respect, Charlotte losing to Carmela in silly shenigans is a lot a lot different then Charlotte losing to Rhea Ripley clean.

Rhea Ripley winning clean would be a statement.

·
Joshi Judas
404 Posts
Charlotte will win because it pad's out her title reigns. Will probably drop it a week later, but that won't matter it's another championship to her name.

They will probably try and protect Rhea with fuckery.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I don't think Ripley and Charlotte face each other at Mania.

Mania is so far away still and they've already had an interaction.

I'd put my money on them facing each other, but much sooner than Mania.

WWE thinks we have no attention spans. Plus Charlotte vs Ripley I just don't see as a mania caliber match. The NXT womens title will be defended at takeover mania or whatever it's called.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
With all do respect, Charlotte losing to Carmela in silly shenigans is a lot a lot different then Charlotte losing to Rhea Ripley clean.

Rhea Ripley winning clean would be a statement.
Charlotte lost to Carmella clean my man. Carmella didn't cheat to win at Backlash.

·
FOTC
10,333 Posts
By doing a Triple Threat they're basically telling us that last year's Triple Threat for the RAW/SD Women's Championship fell below expectations. Even if it was one on one between Rousey and Becky it still would've fell short -- the two just didn't have good chemistry.

The three they have selected this time -- Charlotte, Rhea, Bianca -- have potential to steal the show. All three are very athletic and strong. The key will be the execution during the match.

Bianca was just on ATB with Corey Graves. She has the right attitude to do very well in the WWE. She listed who she wants to work with: Charlotte, Namoi, Ember, Nia and Beth.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
By d
You are out of your mind if you think Vince is sending Charlotte to NXT. I don't care if it's only for a month, it's not happening.
It fits the agenda honestly. Have her go down and hot potato the title a couple of times with fresh competition to pad her title reigns, then come back to the main roster to win another one. She needs 7 or 8 more titles and she's already 33 yrs old. And it'll "help" with ratings against AEW. Kill 2 birds with one stone. It wouldn't be such a far off idea if she had people to feud with on RAW. There's only Becky to feud with and we've been there done that. Who else is there for her to go over?

By doing a Triple Threat they're basically telling us that last year's Triple Threat for the RAW/SD Women's Championship fell below expectations. Even if it was one on one between Rousey and Becky it still would've fell short -- the two just didn't have good chemistry.

The three they have selected this time -- Charlotte, Rhea, Bianca -- have potential to steal the show. All three are very athletic and strong. The key will be the execution during the match.

Bianca was just on ATB with Corey Graves. She has the right attitude to do very well in the WWE. She listed who she wants to work with: Charlotte, Namoi, Ember, Nia and Beth.
It absolutely has nothing to do with that. Doing a triple threat would just be a way to protect both Charlotte and Rhea by having Bianca take the pin/submission. How do you know if Becky/Rousey would have had chemistry? They never went 1v1 before. That is a completely baseless assumption. If they had gone 1v1 at Mania, I am certain that it would have been better than the Triple Threat. For one, it would have been potent and it would have had a better story. For two, they would have choreographed it flawlessly like they did the Triple H/Steph vs Angle/Rousey match. They could have actually made it a NODQ match. Adding another body/3rd wheel in Charlotte ruined that scenario and ruined the entire RTWM. In turn, it also killed a lot of Becky's momentum.

By doing a Triple Threat this year it would keep Rhea's momentum going by having Bianca take the pin, while keeping Charlotte looking strong, even though she does not need such protection. If they do a Triple Threat, they'll probably have Charlotte submit Bianca, then have Rhea win it back from her on NXT. That will free up Charlotte to either go back to the main roster or stay in NXT to hot potato the title a 2nd time. Bianca Belair is hot right now so it all works out. I think it's their best option if they want to keep their promise to Charlotte and keep Rhea strong. Adding Bianca means they can have their cake and eat it too.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts