Votes: 9 29.0%
  • WWE makes Rhea a star

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Southern Pride
2,804 Posts
Some people need to stop giving confident statements about things when they are often wrong over and over again. According to them "Vince would never allow Charlotte to face the NXT Champion at WrestleMania." and yet that appears to be happening.

NXT is on at the same time as AEW and they are trying hard to establish that NXT is no longer "just a developmental brand". NXT dominated Survivor Series. Get past that "developmental" mindset. You're behind the times. Stop repeating what isn't true.

I doubt that Charlotte is winning, but lets stop counting out possibilities.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well I really don't know about this one. I mean, if they make Charlotte win, everyone will chant/think "Boooring" but if Rhea beats Charlotte clean, it would automatically mean that Rhea is better than any other female on the main roster, it would mean burying the entire women's SD and Raw divisions. Honestly, I think having a great match with Charlotte at WM and pushing her to the limit would be enough of a push for Rhea. I mean that would still be huge. But of course, for today's wrestling fan a loss always means jobbing

·
The EST of NXT
28,389 Posts
Well I really don't know about this one. I mean, if they make Charlotte win, everyone will chant/think "Boooring" but if Rhea beats Charlotte clean, it would automatically mean that Rhea is better than any other female on the main roster, it would mean burying the entire women's SD and Raw divisions. Honestly, I think having a great match with Charlotte at WM and pushing her to the limit would be enough of a push for Rhea. I mean that would still be huge. But of course, for today's wrestling fan a loss always means jobbing
Not necessarily, because Charlotte has lost to everyone at some point. Becky is the measuring stick now. WHEN Rhea wins, people will patiently wait for the Becky/Rhea feud to really test the company's investment in her. If she beats Becky clean at any point this year, then her push will be stronger than '05 Cena's.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Y'all are gonna have to help me understand why Rhea is so over. I just watched that dry ass promo from last night. She looked and sounded like she was reciting her lines for the elementary school play.

·
Southern Pride
2,804 Posts
Also, "buried" is still being very over used and misused.

If Charlotte were to beat Ripley in a very competitive match, Ripley wouldn't be getting "buried". She stood toe to toe with Charlotte. They are never going to allow Charlotte to completely dominate Ripley (which is what being buried is). They would have completely lost their mind to do that. Triple H is smarter than that to let that happen to one of his wrestlers.

Again, Charlottes most likely winning this matchup but IF the other scenario were to happen...

I see too often "Charlotte buried.." after she has a very competitive match with others.

·
Asuka
96,466 Posts
I'm glad you've finally seen the light.
I don't think Ripley is getting a super push...

...or should.

Y'all are gonna have to help me understand why Rhea is so over. I just watched that dry ass promo from last night. She looked and sounded like she was reciting her lines for the elementary school play.
Because she's booked strongly on NXT. NXT is seen as the anti-Vince brand. If she gets strong booking on the main roster, she'll get turned on just like Baron Corbin did.

·
Asuka
96,466 Posts
me

This'll be you on Rhea's second year as RAW Women's Champion
Considering even Ronda Rousey, Charlotte, Becky and Alexa Bliss couldn't hold the belt for 2 straight years, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Ripley won't do that either.

If Ripley gets a super push on the main roster, I'll call it when I see it. She's not a main roster product. Until she is ON THE MAIN ROSTER, she is a product of NXT and Triple H, and NXT's sole goal right now is increasing ratings to beat Attitude Era Wrestling. That's the reason there's an NXT womens championship match at WrestleMania, that's the reason there will doubtless be an NXT championship match at WrestleMania, that's what Survivor Series was about. Ripley is obviously a Triple H project, and Vince isn't concerned with NXT except for the ratings results, so if Ripley is who the NXT fans want and Triple H wants, then he'll give it to them. The main roster? Different story. Once she enters the main roster, she is now property of Vince McMahon, and if there's one thing we know about Vince, it's that he's completely, utterly, and solely focused on looks and NOTHING else (unless Rhea happens to be a secret Flair. Don't think she's that lucky.). Do I believe for a second that Vince is going to make some ugly butch lesbian looking chick his champion? Hell no. Who knows, perhaps I'm wrong. If I am, oh well. If Asuka isn't the champion, I don't care if it's Rhea Ripley, Lacey Evans or a fucking giraffe.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I really don't like when wrestlers state obvious facts in simple sentence... Especially after the person your talking JUST said all these facts.

Rhea: Charlotte,you won the RR (yeah, we all know this)
That means you get to chose any title you want(ok we already know this to and Charlotte just said this herself)
And like you said, you've already beaten Becky...... And you've already beaten Bayley (Rhea is repeating every fucking thing Charlotte litterly just said a minute ago)
But you know who you haven't beaten?...me. In fact, iv beaten YOU ( Finally said something worth saying)

When Charlotte was walking away Rhea should have said something like "Walking away eh? I don't blame you. If I was you I wouldn't want to wake up to this nightmare either (Rhea pointing at herself). May be kinda lame but Rhea is "The Nightmare" missed opportunity to say her catchphrase.

I dont see Charlotte winning for a couple of reasons but the biggest one is if Charlotte wins that means Vince has to give up his golden child to NXT for a while and he aint having that. "She's staying here on Raw dammit!!"

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Some people need to stop giving confident statements about things when they are often wrong over and over again. According to them "Vince would never allow Charlotte to face the NXT Champion at WrestleMania." and yet that appears to be happening.

NXT is on at the same time as AEW and they are trying hard to establish that NXT is no longer "just a developmental brand". NXT dominated Survivor Series. Get past that "developmental" mindset. You're behind the times. Stop repeating what isn't true.

I doubt that Charlotte is winning, but lets stop counting out possibilities.
It works the same the other way too though. If they want to develop NXT as a more serious brand and contend with AEW, wouldn’t it make sense to have Charlotte go back down and be their champion? Without a main roster champion leading, aren’t they still considered a “developmental brand” to most fans? And do you really see Charlotte of all people losing to Rhea AGAIN after Rhea threw it in her face that she Beat Charlotte?

The reason I call it a burial is because if Charlotte wins, they will completely derail Rhea’s momentum. So it’s more like her momentum and push are getting buried. Charlotte and Reigns are still the #1 priorities in WWE. I wouldn’t be too quick to think that Rhea comes out of this on top.

Charlotte has about as much chance of being demoted to developmental as she has of winning the WWE Championship from Brock Lesnar in Saudi Arabia.

For fucks sake. People need to think about this for a second. Charlotte on fucking NXT? LMAO. Of course Ripley is winning. 100%, there isn't even a sliver of a chance that Charlotte wins.
It’s a possibility. Charlotte has beaten everyone on the main roster. NXT’s women are fresh for the picking. And then there’s AEW. Not saying she’s gonna stay down there but I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a short stint on NXT to help with the ratings and dominate even more.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It works the same the other way too though. If they want to develop NXT as a more serious brand and contend with AEW, wouldn’t it make sense to have Charlotte go back down and be their champion? Without a main roster champion leading, aren’t they still considered a “developmental brand”?

It’s a possibility. Charlotte has beaten everyone on the main roster. NXT’s women are fresh for the picking. And then there’s AEW. Not saying she’s gonna stay down there but I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a short stint on NXT to help with the ratings and dominate even more.
That’s the only reason why I’d see it happening as well.

·
Southern Pride
2,804 Posts
It works the same the other way too though. If they want to develop NXT as a more serious brand and contend with AEW, wouldn’t it make sense to have Charlotte go back down and be their champion? Without a main roster champion leading, aren’t they still considered a “developmental brand” to most fans? And do you really see Charlotte of all people losing to Rhea AGAIN after Rhea threw it in her face that she Beat Charlotte?

The reason I call it a burial is because if Charlotte wins, they will completely derail Rhea’s momentum. So it’s more like her momentum and push are getting buried. Charlotte and Reigns are still the #1 priorities in WWE. I wouldn’t be too quick to think that Rhea comes out of this on top.
Well, okay. I can see your points there. Charlotte beating Ripley would hurt Ripleys push, I agree with that.

It's just that so often I see "buried" get thrown around when it makes no sense.

·
Custom User Title
6,306 Posts
Rhea loses a hard fought match, gets called up to feud with Becky or fill that top women's babyface role that is desperately needed on Smackdown. Becky and Rhea do have unfinished business after all.

Charlotte drops the title a couple of weeks later to Io or Bianca (although I think Bianca is getting moved to RAW soon anyways) and goes back to RAW so she can continue being with Andrade.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,085 Posts
Vince and co. really need to make up their mind when it comes to NXT. Like seriously wtf are they? Are they a minor league or are they equal to the main roster? They're called NXT which would imply they're a minor league... and yet whenever superstars from NXT show up on main roster shows they fucking dominate. It doesn't make a lick of fuckin sense.

In reality why would a main roster talent give a flying fuck about anyone on NXT? If the storyline made any kind of sense Charlotte would have told Rhea "Why the fuck would I challenge some minor leaguer for some low level championship??? What the fuck do I have to prove to you??? Who the fuck have you beat???"

If the best and most decorated female wrestler they've ever pushed on the main roster can is having trouble against someone from their minor league division then either:

A) NXT is not a minor league division

B) The main roster fucking sucks and being called up means nothing to begin with

The 4HW have faced each other so many times, and since they're the only ones pushed, new women from NXT are the only way to have any fresh title matches. This is more out of necessity than anything.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The 4HW have faced each other so many times, and since they're the only ones pushed, new women from NXT are the only way to have any fresh title matches. This is more out of necessity than anything.
Of course it is. The company is so creatively bankrupt that literally every action they take appears to be out of obligation or necessity.

But storyline wise... it doesn't make any sense for the NXT guys to hang with the main roster guys in the ring. It would be like a NCAA basketball team posing a challenge to the Lakers, it would never happen. Meanwhile the NXT guys are constantly seen getting the better of main roster talent and completely ignoring the fact that they're supposed to be a developmental minor league.

Charlotte should not give a flying fuck about the NXT championship or the person holding it. She's beaten just about every woman on the main roster and she's touted as being the best they have. Theoretically she has absolutely nothing to prove to Rhea Ripley.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts