Burial or new star made?

• Rhea gets buried

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • WWE makes Rhea a star

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte is all but confirmed. I'm not gonna lie, I'm actually looking forward to the match. It's something new. I don't know what direction they're gonna go with it though. Does Charlotte bury Rhea and end her title run at Mania? Or is WWE actually about to make a star out of Rhea by putting her over Charlotte? According to reports, Charlotte was promised particular things last year (beating Rousey for the gold most likely), which Becky fucked up, and her winning the Rumble was a way to make up for it. I doubt that WWE would promise Charlotte the Rumble, then have her go on to Mania to LOSE to Ripley. At the same time, Rhea winning would be giving her way too much way too fast and the fans will end up turning on her months after Mania is over. Its either one bad outcome or the other. Charlotte is at the top of the food chain. If Rhea wins at only 23 years old, where does her career go from there? It can only go down. Rousey is not guaranteed to come back.

If Charlotte wins, she has to go back down to NXT. That means that Io, Bianca, Candice, all of those girls are getting fed to the Queen. But if Charlotte loses, where does she go from there if Rousey doesn't come back? Back to feuding with Becky? WWE fucked up with this one LOL.

I'm thinking Rhea loses this one. Vince made promises to Charlotte for one, which is despicable. Secondly, Charlotte needs to get to 17 reigns. And #3, Charlotte has nowhere to go if she loses.

·
Registered
11,134 Posts
Charlotte lost to Carmella in summer of 18 and was still challenging Rousey at Survivor Series that year so a defeat to Ripley won't hurt her

They could have Charlotte beat Ripley then lose on TV mainevent few weeks later.

·
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Charlotte lost to Carmella in summer of 18 and was still challenging Rousey at Survivor Series that year so a defeat to Ripley won't hurt her

They could have Charlotte beat Ripley then lose on TV mainevent few weeks later.
There would be no point to that though. I think they either put Charlotte on NXT or they push Rhea hard.

·
Premium Member
16,584 Posts
Going "back down to NXT" isn't a big punishment. They're on the same Network as Raw. It's a good injection to have Charlotte win and go there.

I could see Bianca losing to Rhea unfairly and being added to this match as a triple threat. Then, Bianca can get pinned by Rhea or Charlotte. But, Bianca would blow Rhea out of the water in the build up.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Vince and co. really need to make up their mind when it comes to NXT. Like seriously wtf are they? Are they a minor league or are they equal to the main roster? They're called NXT which would imply they're a minor league... and yet whenever superstars from NXT show up on main roster shows they fucking dominate. It doesn't make a lick of fuckin sense.

In reality why would a main roster talent give a flying fuck about anyone on NXT? If the storyline made any kind of sense Charlotte would have told Rhea "Why the fuck would I challenge some minor leaguer for some low level championship??? What the fuck do I have to prove to you??? Who the fuck have you beat???"

If the best and most decorated female wrestler they've ever pushed on the main roster can is having trouble against someone from their minor league division then either:

A) NXT is not a minor league division

B) The main roster fucking sucks and being called up means nothing to begin with

·
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rhea should definitely win. Only problem is that the fans are fickle and they'll probably turn on her. I just don't know what else there is for her to accomplish after beating the woman at the top of the division before moving to the main roster. She could feud with Becky, but after that, there's nothing. WWE really needs to build other women.

·
Registered
22,591 Posts
Well it's Charlotte, so you never know. But at the same time, Charlotte has lost to people like Nia and Carmella as well as the other 4HW. So it's not really that impossible that she loses.

At the end of the day, I think Rhea will beat her.

·
Registered
11,134 Posts
There would be no point to that though. I think they either put Charlotte on NXT or they push Rhea hard.
There is because you can extend feud and blowoff match on TV to help boost nxts numbers.

Ripley and Baszler mainevent for title on TV helped nxt beat AEW and Charlotte is much bigger star than Baszler.

Right now AEW is getting at least double the money from Turner that nxt from NBC based on rights fees and ad sharing. If nxt stays close weekly and beats them from time to time it puts nxt in good position to get better tv deal next year or later this when negotiations take place. AEW have much bigger names right now (former wwe champions, former IWGP champion and Wrestlemania and Wrestlekingdom maineventers)

·
Southern Pride
2,804 Posts
Charlotte beating Ripley would create more buzz for NXT BUT it's much more beneficial for Ripley if she beats Charlotte.

I'll admit, Charlotte in NXT would be cool. I just don't think that it helps Ripley if she loses to Charlotte. Charlotte can take the loss, Ripley can't yet.

So Ripley is probably beating Charlotte. It would put her over even more.

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
914 Posts
Going "back down to NXT" isn't a big punishment. They're on the same Network as Raw. It's a good injection to have Charlotte win and go there.

I could see Bianca losing to Rhea unfairly and being added to this match as a triple threat. Then, Bianca can get pinned by Rhea or Charlotte. But, Bianca would blow Rhea out of the water in the build up.
Bianca would outshine both of them , I'd be down to see it

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Rhea will lose. She pointed out during the promo that she had already beaten Charlotte once. Which means the Rhea will eat pin next time. Fuck Vince

·
The Babyface of WF
10,483 Posts
Yeah I will admit they worked themselves into a corner here tbf, Either way one eats the dust for the sake of the other, Ripley is who people would prefer getting the victory since she's still unproven, She hasn't made the MR yet, Flair has mostly done it all(Minus the Tag Titles) and could rebound with a redemption arc of her own it's not like she's going to be buried upon losing to Rhea at WM.

They tried making Flair look more vulnerable recently to no avail it's not good enough.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't reckon she will actually face Rhea at mania, think its just to get Rhea noticed on the main roster & build her with Charlotte facing one of the main roster champs instead.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ripley 100% wins if she faces Charlotte, they want to make her a big deal and what better way to do so than beat one of their biggest stars of the womens division clean at WrestleMania?

·
Standing with The Man
5,968 Posts
Rhea should 100% win this match , Charlotte gains nothing by beating her and gains nothing by moving to NxT she beats Rhea it could derail one of if not the biggest and brightest prospects of the women's division going forward. I'd like to think Charlotte recognises this wants to put her over but you can never tell when it comes to get booking because we you expect her to win she loses and visa versa.

·
Asuka
96,466 Posts
Charlotte has about as much chance of being demoted to developmental as she has of winning the WWE Championship from Brock Lesnar in Saudi Arabia.

For fucks sake. People need to think about this for a second. Charlotte on fucking NXT? LMAO. Of course Ripley is winning. 100%, there isn't even a sliver of a chance that Charlotte wins.

·
The EST of NXT
28,390 Posts
Charlotte has about as much chance of being demoted to developmental as she has of winning the WWE Championship from Brock Lesnar in Saudi Arabia.

For fucks sake. People need to think about this for a second. Charlotte on fucking NXT? LMAO. Of course Ripley is winning. 100%, there isn't even a sliver of a chance that Charlotte wins.
I'm glad you've finally seen the light.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts