• No

Votes: 6 85.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Cena's number of title reigns deserve a *

I am pretty sure that ever since he has been champion there were always two titles in the WWE.
So it was easy for him to rack up so many title reigns.

I do find it funny if the WWE really does unify the titles, it will be right around the time that Cena catches Flair, basically making it impossible for anyone else to ever get close to that number since by the time its all said and done Cena will probably be at 20

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Don't worry. When the next face of WWE is even worse than Cena is, they will give him even more cartoonishly inflated accomplishments to make up for his lack of overness.

·
Premium Member
15,600 Posts
If so, then so does everybody else who won World Titles after the brand split.

To me, it's borderline the same as working for 2 different promotions in your career. Still doesn't make it right...

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Saying Cena needs a * beside his reign cause there were 2 world titles, is like saying that a sports player of today needs an asterisk beside his name for anything he does because some sports leagues today have more games than in the past.

Flair won 16 world titles between multiple companies because wrestling was big enough that there were multiple big companies during his time, does that mean he needs an asterisk beside his reign cause that opportunity was available to him while it's not available to anyone after 2001?

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saying Cena needs a * beside his reign cause there were 2 world titles, is like saying that a sports player of today needs an asterisk beside his name for anything he does because some sports leagues today have more games than in the past.

Flair won 16 world titles between multiple companies because wrestling was big enough that there were multiple big companies during his time, does that mean he needs an asterisk beside his reign cause that opportunity was available to him while it's not available to anyone after 2001?
so you are telling me if the NFL gave out Super Bowl champions to the teams that won the NFC and AFC titles that it should count as real Super Bowl titles?

No company besides the WWE ever had two world titles. And there is a huge difference between leaving a wrestling company and going to another than be able to win two world titles in the same company in the same year.

You can't compare different companies titles to different TV show titles for the same company.

Clearly you can see the difference

·
Banned
460 Posts
Give Flair a * for winning titles in WCW then when they were handed around even more frequently than they ever were when Cena was winning them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts