Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a fact that an unhealthy amount of WWE's audience are really tired of Cena, but does even Cena himself get tired and ends up not caring about anything he does. It just seems like after his gig with The Rock, now he just goes through the motions and doesnt try anything to build interest for a match or try and sell a PPV, he just comes out, smiles, tells some jokes, and gets a last line in. Rinse and repeat.

So does Cena even care anymore? is he as tired of his character then we are? is the reason why he's so boring to watch due to him not being emotionally invested anymore with what he does?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
He's been tired for a very long time then if this is the case. Outside of a few select feuds over the years (Punk, Rock, etc.) he's been completely phoning it in and giving the same BS week in and week out.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Cena can't decide how the build up is. You think Vince will let Cena go out and be upset about something? No. He's superman. Thats his job.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I definitely feel that. Cena looks like he's so uninspired in 90% of his feuds. It's just the same ol' and he puts almost zero effort to get people interested. He just tells some jokes, no-sells his opponents and stick to his '5 moves of doom' so many times during his matches, it's like tries to prove his haters right on his wrestling abilities. The few times he's actually put forth some effort is when he's been allowed to switch his character a little such as against CM Punk last year and this year against The Rock. I can't even blame him for not caring, it seems to be the case with most of the roster as well. It seems like most of them just treat it like a regular job, do their shtick and then collect their check.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
He stated in an interview that he is a grown man & a wrestling fan at heart still, so he wishes the current product was a lot different than it is now, therefore he wishes his character was different too. I think he's in it for the paycheck most of all.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
I think also Cena has been mentally out of feud dating back 08 or 09.WWE somehow put Cena in a feud with a known star to keep him fueled,but now he doesn't have that,especially since that great feud he had with Punk,changing WWE.WWE should of turned him heel,and had him feud with Punk,boy imagine the promos on both sides, as the roles were reversed.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
He's definitely going through the motions during this feud with Johnny Ace and Big Show. Can't blame him really.

The divorce will be weighing on him too. Right now he reminds me of how Hogan was in 1993, when he admits he couldn't give a f**k.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Why should he care anymore. Seriously, if you look at from his point of view, why should he care anymore?

Hes going to be booked as the top guy no matter what and is going to be apid a ton of $ either way. And all the crap going on his his personal life is jsut another reason not to care. Now in the "big" feuds like last year with Punk and with Lesnar and Rock you could see that he "cared", but to me, in the interim between these "big" feuds it looks like he just doesn't care much at all.

But honestly if you really look at it, Why should Cena care?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Exactly, he's definitely bored of his character just like everyone. He would definitely like to make his character better and maybe turn heel, but whan can he do when he's poster boy? It's not and it was never his fault that he's that corny on the mic and does the same thing in the ring everytime.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
The guy divorced his wife so that he can come out and entertain the masses. Are you seriously doubting whether Cena cares or not?

·
Best there ever will be..
4,221 Posts
Let's be realistic, the guys probably hates the job right now but loves the fans. He's stuck in a position where he's the only draw the WWE has so he has no option to revamp his character. He's THE cash cow, why would they rock the boat when he's bringing in the goods? It's not like there's a wealth of talent to replace him if he were to make some drastic character change, it would be too risky for the bottom line. So until some superstar shows up and flirts with megastar status Cena will be stuck with boring old Cena. Yes, we can blame the "feeding of Cena" and Creative's full attention being on Cena for years, but that's not really up to him. He certainly has input, but him losing to guys that the suits don't view as huge potential does nothing for the company. He's a company guy.. so he'll do what he's told is best for the company.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
I don't know what the fuck it is but he needs to find whatever passion he lost along the way. This shit is getting ridiculous.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
He's been doing the same song and dance for the past 8 years, thats longer than most careers. He has no challenges left.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Who knows. He's seemed pretty complacent since 2009 to be honest. I think he still loves the fans but I doubt that he's given a shit for any storyline with the exception of the Punk, Brock, & Rock storylines.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
Probably is tired of doing the exact same routine since 2005. I'm sure he'd love to change his character up after being the same for 7 years pretty much. It's obvious he loves the fans, but as pointed out, aside from some big angles like the Punk angle and Rock angle, he just doesn't seem that interested anymore.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts