Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i never really watched ECW so i'm not that familiar with him and his work on the mic but from what i've seen he is pretty good in the ring. He is crazy jacked and pretty agile for his size. WWE doesnt really have any young, big power houses other than sheamus. Would you be opposed to him being pushed to upper mid card and maybe getting US or IC championship?

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
he has most of the tools. he has a unique accent and sound for a guy his size, it's very sophisticated and strong. from what i heard of him on ECW he wasn't bad. i wouldn't say great or that he should be cutting CM Punk-length promos or anything, but he's good, and convincing.

and i personally love the look. the mans just a beast, and athletic as hell. plus i love his sick smile when he's demolishing someone in the ring, and he's already working on some trademark things, that arm pump clothesline got a good pop this Monday. hopefully he starts getting a better reaction and getting some fan favoritism behind him, because i really do think he could go far.

i would definitely like to see him working through the ranks of the midcard, maybe a US title run down the line when Bryan is done with it. i would mark out personally to see him win KOTR, but it obviously won't happen, nor should it, in actuality.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I like him, he's charismatic big man, i haven't seen much of his in-ring work either because his matches are mostly squash matches but his series with Christian on ECW are pretty good, you should check them out, and i think he's an okay mic worker, but his style is a bit generic from what i saw on ECW. I don't really see big future for him though, perhaps his role gonna be similar to Big Show's role right now, a very dominant wrestler but only challenge for the world title every now and then, his character is to dominate people, so it will be risky if they keep him in the main event permanently. By the way, Skip Sheffield is also another young big man that they have, so they only have 3 young big men right now.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
he has most of the tools. he has a unique accent and sound for a guy his size, it's very sophisticated and strong.
You mean he doesn't sound like the stereotypical black guy wrestler, and i for one am glad because it seems like Truth and to a much larger extent JTG take that and run with it.

·
Fighting the feeling...
2,442 Posts
Give the guy some more fucking moves!! Watching him run over people is going to get stale after a while, I want suplexes (jackhammer), I want a powerbomb, i want him picking up guys and dropping them behind his head, a side slam, just needs more.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
He could be a beast in-ring. He needs to add several moves to his aresenal in order to show off his physical advantage:

Full Nelson

Body Press Slam/Military Press

Several Suplexes

Powerbomb

Oh and the F5 to keep tradition going ;)

As for everything else, he's soso on the mic, not a very deep voice, I think it suits better for a face, the Book of Ezekiel promos got the point across but nothing more really. Lookwise he's as good as a wrestler can get and he is very charismatic, most people like him just because his sheer presence alone which is a rare feat to attain. So yeah, if he gets some character development he may easily be a world champ one day I guess.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
^ Had a couple of good matches w/ Christian.

King ZEKE - this right here, it's a Coronation. He's great. Enjoying his push, hope it continues.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I still can't believe they let him go over Christian for the ECW title on the last show.

They are pushing him as a monster, so I don't see how he doesn't at least win KoTR

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Heh. I'm not sure how I feel about him yet. Ahmed Johnson 2.0 hasn't done anything to impress as of yet but that doesn't mean he won't.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I think he should win the KOTR and change his name to King Zeke. He doesn't talk like a stereotypical black man, so he could go with a King kind of gimmick. Get a girl like Alicia Fox who can be his chick and talk on the mic and keep him being dominant on some “you can’t touch me” I’m the king type thing and there you go!

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also feel he should get a new finisher. His standing rock bottom thing doesnt really look that cool and i think booker used it for awhile.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Atm he's a poor worker and hasn't really improved since he debuted. If he can pick up his in-ring game a little then I'm sure he'll be going straight to the main event scene.

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
He just looks too short for a huge powerhouse. He might not be, but he is way too muscular and it makes him probably look a little shorter then he is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts