Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite Barrett pointing out that all members of the Corre are equal, do you think Barrett still see himself as the superior of the group. Will we see this in a potential storyline later down the line?

There seems to be hints in the commentary on Smackdown this week about the whole "equal" thing.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i think in the end Wade Barrett is always going to be seen as the leader his Charisma gives him massive influence over the other members the difference between him now and the time he was the leader of The Nexus is this time he seems willing to share the spotlight with the other guys they will pursue there own goals and titles while Barrett will pursue his the WHC will always be Barrett ultimate goal tho make no mistake.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
You're exactly right. Everything is fine and dandy now but there's going to come a point, perhaps when he gets a shot at the title, that the rest of the group isn't going to help him enough and he's going to blow up at them. I like The Corre because it does a lot better job of getting Zeke over than he can do by himself but have a feeling this is going to be a relatively short-lived faction.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You're exactly right. Everything is fine and dandy now but there's going to come a point, perhaps when he gets a shot at the title, that the rest of the group isn't going to help him enough and he's going to blow up at them. I like The Corre because it does a lot better job of getting Zeke over than he can do by himself but have a feeling this is going to be a relatively short-lived faction.
in the end i think he will win the Title in a similar style to Orton and shock people by winning clean when the Corre are banned from ring side

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
It's possible but I don't see it unfolding that way. Wade has been booked as a guy that's needed help from his group every step of the way so why change it up when he finally wins a title? Plus, the best way to keep heat on a guy is to do it in a shady fashion and people aren't going to hate a guy that wins on his own nearly as much as they're going to hate a guy that wins because 3 other people got involved.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
he cant get over w/o a group..

·
Banned
354 Posts
i think in the end Wade Barrett is always going to be seen as the leader his Charisma gives him massive influence over the other members the difference between him now and the time he was the leader of The Nexus is this time he seems willing to share the spotlight with the other guys they will pursue there own goals and titles while Barrett will pursue his the WHC will always be Barrett ultimate goal tho make no mistake.
This.

I really hope WWE do something big with The Corre. At the moment they don't have the same WOW factor that the original nexus had, but they're so much better than the New Nexus. I really hope it isn't just gonna be random beat downs on top faces to get over. Though, it's pretty certain that Barret & Undertaker will go one on one at Wrestlemania so I guess we have that storyline to look forward to.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
well they arnt a face group so probably something like that.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
or Christian

he's more over than most the roster,so this is a failed battle xD
OR ERM! Ermmmm. Colt Cabana???

To the OP I think the whole reason for this whole Corre thing is for Wade Barrett to get the other three over, especially Ezekiel Jackson.

The whole Nexus idea was to get Barrett over which it has plus he helped them get over in return since he did such a fine job as The Nexus leader, honestly why the fuck did Punk take over?

But now it's Barrett's turn to give back to those who helped him in the first place - which I'm sure he'll do a very goo job at it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ya I am pretty certain Barrett is going to revert back to his Nexus ways, but will probably end up getting kicked out of the group.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
It's possible but I don't see it unfolding that way. Wade has been booked as a guy that's needed help from his group every step of the way so why change it up when he finally wins a title? Plus, the best way to keep heat on a guy is to do it in a shady fashion and people aren't going to hate a guy that wins on his own nearly as much as they're going to hate a guy that wins because 3 other people got involved.
He would of won the title shot at the royal rumble instead of Orton if it wasn't for Punk, he didn't need help then.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
This equality thingy doesn't really apply for real imo, WWE keeps feeding us that line because they want us to believe it. They keep saying Rey is the ultimate underdog yet he always looks dominant and wins his matches, but i'm pretty sure majority of the fans will still buy into that moniker because of his size. It's the same case here, instead of making Barrett a leader again and as a consequence the rest of the group will possibly get overshadowed by him just like the last time on Nexus, WWE try to somehow present the talents as equals despite one talent is clearly more superior than the others, Barrett is clearly still a dominant figure of the group, but we're made to believe that the others are in the same level with him through the repeated "we're equals" line, and guess what, i'm actually starting to buy into it because so far they successfully keep the balance by letting Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater shine through their matches and Big Zeke continuously looks strong by destroying Big Show. These guys are actually presented like stars and they acknowledge it through Barrett's mic work. I would have seen them as Barrett's lackeys and it would have looked like they only followed Barrett's order if Barrett had never said about equality in the first place and that would only had made them look inferior.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts