Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know Chris Jericho's contract with the WWE expires in October/November of this year. And currently Jericho has once again been placed in the mid-card section on RAW jobbing to Even Bourne.

Chris Jericho has proven many times before that he is a certifeid main eventer in the WWE. And ever since he was drafted back on RAW in April, Jericho has made a little of an impact. Not only because of his hosting duties over on ABC's "Downfall" gameshow. But Jericho hasn't even been in the main event picture on the WWE's PPV card ever since the draft.

So what if Chris Jericho was to win the WWE championship before his contract with the WWE is up? Because really Jericho only won the WWE championship one time before back in late '01 when Jericho became the first undisputed WWE champion. So Jericho would leave a lasting impression on the company if he were to win the spinner belt (WWE title) before he leaves the WWE.

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
He deserves it, much more than Cena, Edge, Orton or Triple H.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
No.

At least not now.

I'm a big Jericho fan, but he /just/ had a reign back in March and was given a Win over a face at Wrestlemania.

Now I get that Jericho is the best at what he does, but really, right now he's had multiple reigns the last 4 years if I recall. He's earned every single one of them, but right now he hasn't.

He cuts promos? Ok.
Loses to Bourne. That sucks but the matches were good.
Is playing 3rd fiddle right now in the Nexus angle. Eh.. okay.

Give him a push and let's see how the crowd will react. I wouldn't give Jericho another belt because "He's Chris Jericho". The same goes for Cena and the other past champions. Right now, Sheamus deserves a reign for the work he's done.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Asking this forum if they want Jericho to win the title is like asking them if they want to breathe.
So true. Lol.

I wouldn't mind him having one more title reign. I see no draw backs to it so if they go that way it would be fine with me. Maybe let him go face, hold the title then get taken out by a heel HHH. Will let him leave once his contract expires and let him go do things he needs to do or take a break. I am sure he will be back and this would give him a good break before he comes back to finish up his last few years in the ring.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I'm a massive fan of Chris Jericho but I think his next World Title reign has to be the one that defines him and for that I think it needs to be after a big build up and he needs to be a face, I'm thinking that in due course Wade Barrett could win the WWE title and Chris Jericho takes it upon himself to win it off him, trying to tame the monster he helped create, but I'd make it a long chase, I'd also make sure when he had it he had it for at least four months

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
if hes a face... then yes

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yes but not yet, he needs to be in the main event and turn face/tweener and he needs to win some big matches and show off his ability and mic work. I'd be happy if he gets a few big wins against some heels, cuts some amazing promos like he did at Fatal 4 Way...then he's ready.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I'd like to see him have a proper face run.

Then again if he was a heel i wouldnt mind either.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I don't think he will get it, with him only having a few things left on his contract th honourable thing would be to put over other talents, rather than reigning supreme because it leaves the whole "We need Jericho" arguement once he goes again. I'm actually looking forward to him leaving again, cos I think it'll give him time to release his next book (and if the first one if anything to go by then #2 should be amazing).

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
In response to the OP, in what universe is Jericho presently a midcarder? Did you not see him Monday night in the opening segment with the biggest star in the company, and then being the focal point of the main event?

As far as the question itself is concerned, Jericho as champion would be cool, but he doesn't need the belt and is probably better utilized without it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Since he's taking another temporary leave i think the best thing would be to turn face and put other young talents like Wade Barrett over.

The whole being wwe champ as a face is something that i think Chris should wait until jhe returns to the WWE for after his break. Or until he retires. Remember Shawn didnt want to be world champ but he did want to win tag titles with his best freind before departure. Save it for later

1 - 20 of 77 Posts