Wrestling Forum banner

Does anyone think the Streak is quite overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hell NO

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Yes, WWE needs to desperately find a new way to sell Wrestlemania and build mega matches like we were always used to before the Streak became a focal point or the Undertaker was featured in the main events each year.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Maybe it gets hyped, but it does represent something, WWE's faith in The Undertaker as a performer, and in later years a sign of appreciation for the hard work he put in and the many, many injuries he received for the purposes of entertainment.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, VERY.

The streak only draws against big opponents. Only the last 4 mania streak matches drew. Taker himself is overrated in the IWC, probably the most overrated big man ever.

·
Mick Foley's Bitch
1,051 Posts
The Streak is the one thing that has people buying Wrestlemania. And for a good reason, with so much on the line, it always makes for a great match. So no, it's not overrated

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ill say that it is slightly overrated.
It's not like the streak is stacked with beaten top contenders, most of it consists of jobbers until recent years.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Winning once a year is so fucking amazing
Kayfabe or booking wise it's dumb

LOL at people thinking takers streak draws

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I think its overrated. Taker is an amazing wrestler as we saw this past mania, but I hate how they rub it in so much its just disgusting.

·
Registered
227 Posts
overrated for sure.
for me it was just boring because there was no suspense of whether Undertaker would win or lose. (from Wrestlemania 21, I never even bothered to think that anyone will be able to beat Undertaker)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.