Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he probably won't ever come back, he must be in his late 40's by now or something, but I wish he had stuck with WWE for a while longer. He should have been a heavyweight champion. I wonder if Shamrock had stayed, what would have happened with Kurt Angle?

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I can't recall Shamrock when I was a kid but from what I've seen meh he just seemed to so boring. Like one of those midcarders for life kind of guys. Just never found him interesting tbh.

·
Banned
254 Posts
His Ankle Lock vs Mandible Claw match with Foley is the stuff of legends. IMO one of the most creative finishes in the wrestling history. Must watch.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I loved Shamrock in the 90's. He was so intense. Would love to see him back in a gimmick Battle Royal or something, similar to Blackman a few years back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Shamrock was cool. UFC wasn't big like it is now. But it still made him look like a badass. I think he was the first guy with an MMA gimmick in WWE.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Why would I miss that?

·
Banned
254 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hells yes, Shamrock was a BOSS. Really miss the lion's den match. And after what he did to the Rock at WMXIV, who can argue that man's awesomeness?

Just too bad WWE started screwing up his character in 98.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I loved Shamrock. Never much of a talker, but he didn't need to be. The whole World's Most Dangerous Man gimmick mixed with the whole angle of him "snapping" on his opponents really worked for him IMO. He had some pretty good matches with Rock and Blackman too if I recall. And yes, his theme song was awesome.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I watched a couple of vids of his of late...his ankle lock looked more devastating, probably because of how intense he used to be.

Speaking of Shamrock, anyone remember Steve Blackman?

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
I miss Shamrock and Blackman, I'd love to see them at a Royal Rumble or something in the future.
Maybe if WWE '13 does go the "attitude era" route that dirtsheets are advertising we'll see an attitude era Raw special to promote it sometime soon, or more attitude stars at the Rumble next year.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ken Shamrock was probably my favourite attitude era wrestler, he just legitimately scared me, You could tell he could just rip you apart, shame he never got the main title but he still had some cracking feuds

·
Registered
481 Posts
Had a cracking match for the title on raw with Austin in 98

I remember his feud with Taker in 99....He called out Taker, Taker attacked him from behind and had him on the ground beating him...Then Shamrock done a crazy move with his legs and had Taker down on the mat....Was insanely good!

Legit badass who didnt get used properly in late 98, early 99...WWE needs more people like him with genuine talent...He didnt have the right mic skills, but his personality in the ring had enough charisma

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Shamrock was awesome. He destroyed people, especially The Rock. He had epic theme music, a very simple and effective gimmick and a good look. Should have had a run with the strap...man an Austin/Shamrock title match would have been off the top rope.

Classic Shamrock moments:
--destroying Rock at Wrestlemania 13
--strangling the British Bulldog almost to death at Summerslam 1997
--destroying Billy Gunn at the Royal Rumble 1998
--destroyed Bret Hart and made him tap on RAW
--destroyed Shawn Michaels and made him tap on RAW
--beat the shit out of Mankind and made him commit suicide at a PPV
--lion's den match vs Owen Hart
--Lion's den match vs Steve Blackman
--Dungeon match vs Owen Hart
--calling Undertaker "Mark" multiple times on RAW

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
Ken Shamrock was my favorite wwf wrestler back in the Attitude Era.

He had great technical skills. People often forget how much influence you see of him and his style. He brought in the catch wrestling holds which he mastered in Japan and he had an overall awesome moveset. He had it all, submissions, huricanranas, suplexes, leglariats and other strikes. And to add the fact he was one of the strongest wrestlers in the attitude era.

Shamrock was awesome. He destroyed people, especially The Rock. He had epic theme music, a very simple and effective gimmick and a good look. Should have had a run with the strap...man an Austin/Shamrock title match would have been off the top rope.

Classic Shamrock moments:
--destroying Rock at Wrestlemania 13
--strangling the British Bulldog almost to death at Summerslam 1997
--destroying Billy Gunn at the Royal Rumble 1998
--destroyed Bret Hart and made him tap on RAW
--destroyed Shawn Michaels and made him tap on RAW
--beat the shit out of Mankind and made him commit suicide at a PPV
--lion's den match vs Owen Hart
--Lion's den match vs Steve Blackman
--Dungeon match vs Owen Hart
--calling Undertaker "Mark" multiple times on RAW
I am in for a Shamrock DVD and HOF induction next year. The man deserves it.

·
Banned
254 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts