Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
when they gave him a gimmick he sucked, now just being another josh matthews he was ok.

·
Amazing
4,242 Posts
yes he was awesome. as a heel commentator, mr mcmahons assistant and the rock's bitch. he did it all. what a guy.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Coach was awesome, his facial expressions and Rock backstage interview are legendary. He was gold as Bischoff's lackey.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I loved Coach. He was a great heel or face, but his heel character as a commentator was awesome. He was so obnoxious but not in the way that Cole makes me want to stab my eyes out. I liked the few weeks where he would steal JR's catch phrases after JR got "fired".

BTW--WWEedgeLitaR101 is that a new pic of Lita?

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I made a thread about him months back and it seems like most people enjoyed his work. Personally I've always found him entertaining when he was a heel and played that cowardly dork very well. His commentary wasn't anything special from what I remember but he was just very good as an on screen personality being Bischoff's lackey and also a backstage interviewer. He actually had pretty good personality and looked like he always enjoyed whatever he was doing. He's without question a bigger pickup by ESPN and a bigger loss from WWE than Todd Grisham was. David Otunga slightly reminds me of him with there presence and great ability to play a kiss ass to the boss type role. I do miss Jonathon Coachman's presence but Otunga is filling up that role perfectly.

·
Registered
303 Posts
his segments w the rock always cracked me up
i remember the one when rock was backstage and coach thought he was gonna get a high 5 but rock completely blew him off lmfao

hes far more entertaining compared to josh mathews,that guy is just bores me to tears each time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts