Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on antidepressants for a while now. I've had a feeling I was depressed for a long time. So it's not like I went to see a psychiatrist out of the blow. I tried a psychologist before that for a while but that sort of talking therapy just wasn't working. I knew I needed to take pills.

In most internet communities there's always a few users who struggle with depression or have in the past. Also, I suspect with the corona pandemic a lot of people's mental health has suffered lately.

Depression is a really strange feeling. It's a mental health issue and all but at the same time you don't really feel ill, know what I mean? It's as if some switch is turned off in your brain and you can't find a way to turn it on again. You also have low energy levels and when you don't like something you wonder if it's just your opinion or if it's the depression clouding your judgement.

Also, as far as entertainment goes, I don't recommend a depressed person to watch WWE right now. The product was bad before already but now it's just depressing with its empty arena shows. AEW at least somehow makes up for the contrivance by filling in the front row seats with people making noise during matches. Not to mention the product is also better. So it's still entertaining. I know this isn't the right section to talk about wrestling but this is a wrestling forum so...

So yeah, depression sucks but I gotta beat it somehow.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Technically me now, I'm in the middle of "employee" or already get "future endeavors" at my old cousin law firm office, the biggest headache that I face now is my mother, I already told her,if there's something happens(mostly bad) between me with my cousin, you (my mother) no need to intervene, I told her ,I will keep telling her the situation but in the end, I still make the final decision,
unfortunately,live in Eastern custom make me can't avoid that problem easily, the family clan structure is my biggest problem now, there will be huge consequences and it will be my mother who took the impact, I mean they're gonna say my mother does fail to teach me as son.

I couldn't think the next step because my mother can't let it go, it frustrates me a lot and it's like I don't have any options left.

·
From parts unknown
23,201 Posts
I have BPD, Cyclothymia and ADHD. Doing pretty well now after years of struggling with a lot of different forms of dysfunction. My episodes with depression are short-lived and not as extreme as they used to be.

Mindful meditation worked when everything else failed.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm not diagnosed but I for certain have anxiety issues. I pretty much check all the boxes. My heart rate goes up randomly at times for no reason whatsoever, I get easily nervous, I am afraid of social situations. It's hard to talk sometimes I can't really express myself with words the best I can. I often pace in the hallway of my apartment before I go outside because my nerves go up when I leave the house and it's hard for me. I'm easily distracted can't concentrate, I can't talk to people properly sometimes because I just get flustered. It makes a lot of seemingly simple things in life much harder for me. Something as simple as going out to get groceries, going to a friends house, etc is much harder for me to do. I also do get depressed probably as a result of my anxiety.

·
Under Jolly Roger
421 Posts
It's come and gone in my life. It was particularly bad in my early teens and again just a couple of years ago, when I had to plead with a stranger to talk me out of throwing myself in front of a train. I never took any sort of medication for it, though. I don't want to rely on pills to feel like living.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts