Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awesome heel, great look, alright mic skills, alright in the ring, but overall a nice addition to the roster.. I kinda miss the dude, with the current roster he could've easily been in the Main Event. (Read again: WITH THE CURRENT ROSTER ;))

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Damn right I miss MVP! What an amazing talent that was totally misused. Too bad he'll probably never return to WWE since he's loving it in Japan.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Yes, had a great mic skills and was a great wrestler. Dude could've been huge if they actually bothered building new stars, thought for sure he was gonna be a world champ.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Yes, had a great mic skills and was a great wrestler. Dude could've been huge if they actually bothered building new stars, thought for sure he was gonna be a world champ.
I don't doubt for a second that he would have held the World Title at least once by now, if he stuck around. He was a great talent and WWE would have seen it eventually and when they did, he would have gotten to the main event.

Whether he would have stuck around in the main event is a different story, but I'm sure he would have reached it at one point, if he was still in WWE.

·
Banned
821 Posts
It's funny how much people love him and miss him when he's gone.

It was crazy, the hate he was getting, especially in his last 2 years, with people calling him stale/overrated as a face AND as a heel. You can never win with ye. . .

·
Banned
353 Posts
YES!

I used to LOVE MVP, and although it may sound stupid, I seriously did think he was going to be HUGE, a big main event heel for years, and become a hall of famer! Damn, bring him back!

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
He'll almost certainly be back in my opinion and boy can't I wait. One of my favourites from the past 10 years.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
It's funny how much people love him and miss him when he's gone.

It was crazy, the hate he was getting, especially in his last 2 years, with people calling him stale/overrated as a face AND as a heel. You can never win with ye. . .
Just wait until Cena retires. You'll get the same, fact.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
No fuckin doubt. Son was great. His gimmick was done perfectly. The inflatable tunnel, the name, the attire, the bidding war... It was all too damn good to be real. I feel he was marked for greatness until his face run fucked up. Damn shame too. Great on the mic, great at playin up his gimmick, can put on good matches, amazing heel, underrated face, charismatic, over as hell, perfect booking until the losin streak deal... So much lost potential, b.

He'll almost certainly be back in my opinion and boy can't I wait. One of my favourites from the past 10 years.
Don't hold your breath. Dude ain't exactly young no more, i think he's around 38. Plus apparently wrestling in japan was his dream, n it looks like he's lovin' it there.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I loved the feud with Matt Hardy.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I really liked MVP and hope that, one day, he'll return to the WWE. He had a great gimmick and look, was a really strong performer and put on enjoyable matches regularly.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
Always liked MVP he really made the midcard strong. I liked his backstory of being in a gang, spending 9 years in prison and turning his life around. He was a fantastic technical wrestler and he sure would be good to have him back, though I think he's still in Japan.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Just wait until Cena retires. You'll get the same, fact.
Not from me. He transcended cheering and booing long ago and is just that thing that needs to go elsewhere.

·
Banned
736 Posts
MVP could have been a mega-star. WWE however prioritize kissing ass backstage above actual talent and marketability, so it's no surprise that mavericks like MVP, Kennedy and others never were allowed to reach stardom like they should have.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Yes. He was one of my favorites in the last 5 years. I was Disappointed when he left, but at the time he was mid-card, directionless face with little credibility. If 2007 MVP left it would had a much bigger affect on me, loved him back then. He was a great overall talent, posing both decent in-ring skills and mic-skills, unique look, cool gimmick and entrance. Would of probably been a World Champion by now if he didn't have a attitude problem backstage. Notice he went from the longest reigning U.S Champion in WWE history, to a horrible losing streak angle that destroyed his image and credibility. He wasn't going anywhere when he left, so I doubt he would of become a World Champion if he stayed. 2007/2008 MVP should of been a World Champion, ironically making him the longest reigning U.S Champion actually hindered him, because he was in the mid-card for a year, when he should of been pushed as a main-event talent at the time.

I would welcome a return of his, especially now I've found out he's a pretty cool guy in real life too. I've been watching some his YouTube videos, seems a cool person. http://www.youtube.com/user/MVP305BRAND

Some memorable MVP matches:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts