Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
He lost his friends and the DO came along and tried to recruit him and while he never joined them, it lead to an unintended real friendship in kayfabe.

Go back and watch the 10 man tag at FFTF, go back and watch the DO members VS Bryan... AEW crowds/fans are behind the DO/Hanger friendship and story and like it. And the guy I was talking still hot af for Hanger.

You may not but reality is your opinion is in the minority and thus holds no water because of that.

Like why would they move away from something that is working for most fans and over with those fans?
I'm going to say it. Those Dark Order guys are jobbers and they are basically dressed like BDSM slaves. You may not believe it but there is just as much people that don't like that stuff as much as you might like it.

Adam Page has not charisma and pairing him with a group equal or even worse to the Oddities is just making him feel like a jobber, especially with is insecure character going on.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
uh....he beat Danielson clean in the middle so the push is real. Not sure what people expect out of a babyface champion to be honest. Newsflash Steve Austins title run wasnt that memorable, his chase was though. Its about the babyfaces chase that gets people captivated.

Not knocking Hamgman he's a talent with significant potential but at least to this point in his title reign HE isn't all that interesting and he doesn't have a true "nemesis" to help do the heavy lifting. It's too early to pass too early a judgment on him and what he does over the next few months will go a long way in either solidifying his spot or indicating that it's time to go back to the drawing board.

With Austin there was enough if what HE did that was interesting(albeit in a far different way than how AEW is wanting Hangman to be.) and he had the perfect long-term foil to help keep shit on the rails.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not knocking Hamgman he's a talent with significant potential but at least to this point in his title reign HE isn't all that interesting and he doesn't have a true "nemesis" to help do the heavy lifting. It's too early to pass too early a judgment on him and what he does over the next few months will go a long way in either solidifying his spot or indicating that it's time to go back to the drawing board.

With Austin there was enough if what HE did that was interesting(albeit in a far different way than how AEW is wanting Hangman to be.) and he had the perfect long-term foil to help keep shit on the rails.
I mean that person should be MJF but he is locked into a, ironically, more relevant situation it seems, with PG Punk

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
I mean that person should be MJF but he is locked into a, ironically, more relevant situation it seems, with PG Punk
It should be MJF, for sure but over the last two years they didn't do anything to really hint at that so it would take some work to establish in a meaningful way. I'm not sure they can get there in time for Hangman to become interesting enough to right and truly establish him in the spot that they want him to be in.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
That's the point, the guy was hot as fuck and then they started doing this bullshit.
Ain't no bullshit. They put on one of the most unexpected matches in years and it was dope. Then they followed up with a sequel that had people expecting something amazing -- and it delivered.

30 minutes, starting slow and methodical and turning into a brawl that people will remember for years.

This was a tremendous match up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm going to say it. Those Dark Order guys are jobbers and they are basically dressed like BDSM slaves. You may not believe it but there is just as much people that don't like that stuff as much as you might like it.

Adam Page has not charisma and pairing him with a group equal or even worse to the Oddities is just making him feel like a jobber, especially with is insecure character going on.
yeah they suck and they are scummy dudes to have around your champion

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Ain't no bullshit. They put on one of the most unexpected matches in years and it was dope. Then they followed up with a sequel that had people expecting something amazing -- and it delivered.

30 minutes, starting slow and methodical and turning into a brawl that people will remember for years.

This was a tremendous match up.
Matches alone aren't going to make him interesting. I think the issue people have is less about his bell to bell output and more about why they should give a crap about Hangman the character.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It’s been rough since he won the belt. This is where you need good creative to actually get some stoey going to keep momentum after a win like his. He had his finally moment and since then it hasn’t really felt like anything other than him just being booked in matches. Fighting Bryan wasn’t compelling outside of the matchup and the first draw killed all the momentum imo

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Matches alone aren't going to make him interesting. I think the issue people have is less about his bell to bell output and more about why they should give a crap about Hangman the character.
People have been caring for more than a year+.

The guy is over.. people doubted him when it came to his in ring and he squashed that shit in a 60 minute broadway and then followed it up with a super intense fistfighting title match.

Most viewers have been on the train from the beginning -- why should YOU specifically give a crap?

Well I dunno.. that's your problem

·
Registered
82 Posts

The amount of fans complaining online versus the reactions they get in front of a live crowd is what keeps them together.

You guys are a small few.

·
Registered
335 Posts
didn't think he was ready to be champ, don't think he's been a very good champ. not all of that is on him. this run may set him up to be a very good champion 3-4 years from now though.

i'll keep saying it was stupid not to give the title to danielson. yea people will say it wouldve buried hangman, but it wouldnt have. he still ended the longest reign in aew title history and still went 60 with the best wrestler in the world and basically had him at the end of their draw...that's not a burial. you could play the he choked or whatever and get him back into his demons and find a way to get the dark order the fuck away from him before trying to build him back into a title contender.

meanwhile think of all the amazing title defenses danielson could have had. just one after the other after the other. honestly....that was the dumbest fucking decision. no hate on you either, hangman. def a b+ player but danielson is the epitome is what this company should try to be about. it was so fucking dumb to not give him the opportunity, RIGHT NOW, after all of the amazing matches he's had in his short time in the company, to represent as world champion.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

This sound scary :confused:

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
He's giving me Big E vibes for sure. I know the fans like him and stuff. So I wont hate on him. But I just am not excited to see him as Champ. Compared to the Le Champion.

·
Premium Member
Safe Space Invader
15,328 Posts
Infinitely better now that the Dork Order is nowhere to be seen. His second match with Danielson was awesome. He is growing into the role, but I think he can pull it off with the right booking.

41 - 60 of 119 Posts