Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The guy won the belt after a story that took FOREVER to tell though he was forgotten about and irrelevant with the signings of CM Punk and Bryan Danielson. His first match is a DRAW on national TV (very few going to remember how good the match was when you have a crappy finish). Then, even with all the forced buzz after he won the title being gone, he defeats the biggest star in the company (ON TV AND NOT PPV) and no one gives a damn!

Does anyone actually care that this guy is the champion right now? He is not on TV every week, the ratings are stagnant, and there is nothing to look forward to as far as a feud or a match. Bad enough they pulled the trigger with his title reign when he was forgotten about, BUT, now they have a champion they don't know what to do with!!! Danielson should have won the title last week and all the wrestlers lining up to dethrone him would draw better ratings. Page clearly can't draw flies to the biggest pile of sh** in the world!

Does anyone have any idea what they can do with him from here on???? Don't give me that Tony Khan "wait and see" BS that is only code for "I don't know what the f*** I am doing!"

PS: Look at the match the World Champ is booked for tonight!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Yes. The live fans care and pop for him. Attendances have been good for the most part (a slight dip in some markets since Omicron). TV ratings are currently consistently higher than they have been since the mini-boom earlier this year and better than they were throughout 2019 (post-debut) and 2020.

He's doing fine and has had three back to back elite world title matches (vs. Omega, vs. Danielson twice).

Don't mistake your disdain of the product with what others think. He's not the best, he's not the worst, but there's certainly no decline whatsoever with him on top.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
It’s unfolding (so far) just as I expected where his winning the title from Omega was all the fans wanted, and there isn’t much for him to do afterwards. Heatless feud with Bryan. Nothing imminent now and playing second fiddle to Punk/MJF and Cody’s will-he-or-won’t-he heel turn.

Hangman’s destiny was to beat Omega and lose to either Cody or MJF, and they clearly had nothing planned for in the middle.

·
Registered
DEREK CARR IS ALL ELITE/AVALONS #1 FAN
4,495 Posts
I basically think the exact opposite of everything in your OP
OP can just fuck off

I was right about 2 things

1)danielson is a heel not just for this feud

2) hangman was going over the evil Danielson the whole time

Absolutely love it WAR HANGMAN

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Adam Page has been a pretty good champion so far. He’s already beaten Daniel Bryan after Bryan basically took apart his team.
I think my main problem was the fact that his first defence was a 1h draw. But they recovered it with the win.

I am wondering who his next opponent is. It has to be someone main event worthy. I guess that it was meant to be Moxley but obviously that will not happen for a while.

·
Registered
33,673 Posts
I think him having the baby kinda killed his story with Kenny and for me the Bryan story wasn't that interesting. They just need to get him another story that people can invest in. Well I guess more so I can invest, because most seem to be digging what he's doing.

If Punk wasn't tied up with MJF, I'd say reintroduce some drinking into Page's character as a celebratory thing. Then have Punk go Straight Edge heel who's out to destroy Page because "the kids and young adults don't need to think drinking is how you celebrate yada yada."

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Nothing to look forward to?

Hanger VS Cole
Hanger VS Punk
Hanger VS MJF
Hanger VS Mox
Hanger VS Eddie

I look forward to seeing all of that and then some.
Have Hangman lose to MJF in a month and I'll be happy. The guy has no character and creativity. Also The cowboy shit shtick is Kofi and his pancakes level of cringe.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
It’s unfolding (so far) just as I expected where his winning the title from Omega was all the fans wanted, and there isn’t much for him to do afterwards. Heatless feud with Bryan. Nothing imminent now and playing second fiddle to Punk/MJF and Cody’s will-he-or-won’t-he heel turn.

Hangman’s destiny was to beat Omega and lose to either Cody or MJF, and they clearly had nothing planned for in the middle.
You call last weeks match heatless? Seriously dude?

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
22,721 Posts
He's just had three of the companies greatest ever singles matches. In a row.

The first of which ended a highly acclaimed story that was praised by a lot of wrestling fans.

I'd say he's doing just fine.

It's all about the next chapter now though. He's had the long story with Omega come to a close, then his first real challenge he's overcome and bettered the best wrestler in the world.

What's next?

Will be fun to see.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Why would anyone care? One of the most over most cheered guys in aew getting the dumbest fucking storyline leading to a flat world championship win followed by even worse storyline after. Tony Khan is a joke of a booker with horrible lack of creative. So this idiot forced the dark order story right until he won the belt. Which many heavily chritsized from the start. Then he wins the belt and these guys are nowhere to be seen? Absolute joke

Tony Khan has managed to flop the most over talent and I think this will happen for many. Yet he has to go to Twitter to defend every stupid thing.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts