Wrestling Forum banner

Does anyone else want to see Alex Riley have a verbal back and forth with the Rock?

2871 Views 46 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  DR JUPES
I mean, Riley's such a freakin' natural. He's easily better than the Miz on the mic, and most in the WWE, as a matter of fact. I don't think he'd ever outdo the Rock, but I do think he can hold his own in a verbal battle with him, because he's so natural and judging from his NXT work, he's very witty and quick on his feet. Who agrees that Riley is one of the best mic workers in the company, and who also wants to see him and Rock go at it?
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
3,611 Posts
Re: Does anyone else want to see Alex Riley have a verbal back and forth with the Roc

I would watch an entire program based around Alex Riley botching lines as he goes back and forth with people, so yes, I would like to see this.

· Zombo
12,624 Posts
Re: Does anyone else want to see Alex Riley have a verbal back and forth with the Roc

Is Riley a good mic worker? Sure. But there's absolutely NO reason why he should be interacting with The Rock at this stage in the game. Rock is reserved for confrontations with the upper echelon - guys at the top who should be realistically staking their claim as the top dogs of the company (as The Rock was). Riley is nowhere near there, so he should be nowhere near The Rock.

· Banned
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Is Riley a good mic worker? Sure. But there's absolutely NO reason why he should be interacting with The Rock at this stage in the game. Rock is reserved for confrontations with the upper echelon - guys at the top who should be realistically staking their claim as the top dogs of the company (as The Rock was). Riley is nowhere near there, so he should be nowhere near The Rock.
I know that, but I'd just think it would be interesting to see.

· Registered
2,261 Posts

call me crazy, but I think WWE scripted him to be this "goofy". That joke to Cena was definetely scripted as were the few wierd lines he gave while on commentary, at least in my opinion

· Registered
583 Posts

Yes, WWE scripted his jokes. He's not really that dumb, how can you graduate from Boston College with 2 degrees in 4 years and be dumb? Riley is a smart guy with a quick wit. And he's not back in developmental, he worked all the house shows last week and he'll be working em this week too. I'm going to the show in Springfield MO on Friday.

· Registered
939 Posts

They should have turned him face on the Miz
They could have built it over weeks and weeks after Wrestlemania when Miz drops the title and Miz starts to take it out on him week after week more and more until he snaps in the ring building into a feud to put him on the next level.

· No Cena is good Cena
2,445 Posts

I mean, Riley's such a freakin' natural. He's easily better than the Miz on the mic, and most in the WWE, as a matter of fact. I don't think he'd ever outdo the Rock, but I do think he can hold his own in a verbal battle with him, because he's so natural and judging from his NXT work, he's very witty and quick on his feet. Who agrees that Riley is one of the best mic workers in the company, and who also wants to see him and Rock go at it?
1) I think he has the potential to be one of the best mic workers in the company but outside of NXT he's only been given 1-2 sentences per appearance so it's ludicrous to deem him one of the "best" at this juncture.

2) Yup, I'd love to see the two of them talk shit to each other.

· Registered
1,831 Posts

I would watch an entire program based around Alex Riley botching lines as he goes back and forth with people, so yes, I would like to see this.

:lmao

me too!

and IF riley was booked to make dum-ass comments on RAW commentary, then alex did an amazing job of it!

· Registered
5,028 Posts

I don't know whether I see that much in Alex Riley, but I do think he's decent on the mic and a segment with him and Rock would be pure gold :)

· Banned
4,446 Posts

I got no problem seeing that..I think the Rock could get this guy over BIG in a segment just like he's done with several midcarders before him. After all, it was the Rock that started this whole Captain Charisma/Peeps movement to begin with.

· Registered
3,391 Posts

Wouldn't that just be sending the lamb to the slaughter. He has potential to be good if he stops fucking up so there is no need to send him for a verbal beat down, which could make him look like a bigger goofball than he already does. People say that Cena couldn't handle a confrontation with Rocky so there is no way Riley stands a chance.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.