Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this past smackdown was perfect example. santino vs del rio's lapdog...
that reminded me off when i went to the circus as a kid and how the clowns acted.

even during the attitude era there was kids watching wrestling, so them making it pg now is no excuse
Wrestlers more like dancers now. One can even know the their dance steps before the actually do it, if u pay enough attention. An example of this is when swagger kept getting up and running at shameus when he was double hand clothes lineing him. common sense and some have decent scouting would tell u to step back a sec.
These writers not even trying to make it look real anymore

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: Does anyone else thing WWE getting worse and worse every week?

'Cause it was so realistic back in the Attitude Era, and there were no comedy matches, and nothing was played for a laugh. It was all business all the time.

And before that even, in the 80's, there was absolutely no way anything as ridiculous as Santino could get over.

Because wrestling was always about what happened between the ropes. It was always about two men engaging in combat, with absolutely no entertainment aspect beyond the final result.

Yeah, fuck this "having fun" shit.

·
Registered
211 Posts

Wow, looks like you got burned. Though I do have to agre about this week's SD being pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

Yeah I mean it's wwE. I realized about a year ago that just enjoying it and not nitpicking makes it more fun. Pro wrestling is for kids. There are parts that are for adults but it's mostly for kids so you have to always remember. The Attitude Era was pretty fun but it was something that I wouldn't want kids watching now that I look back. Much of it was garbage. PG was before that and now it's back. Someday they will probably get edgier but for now we have to just watch.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Smackdown is in a lull. It happens in every TV show. Sometimes it's brilliant, other times it's boring.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

So you are going to tell me that the Santino/Ricardo segment did not made you lol ?

You are going to tell me you did not enjoy the chair shot beating DB gave Kane ?

You didnt thought it was cool how Ryback lifted two people to hit his finisher?

If you dont like it, that doesnt mean its getting bad or worse. It is just your taste.

You might want to change the thing with think.

'Cause it was so realistic back in the Attitude Era, and there were no comedy matches, and nothing was played for a laugh. It was all business all the time.

And before that even, in the 80's, there was absolutely no way anything as ridiculous as Santino could get over.

Because wrestling was always about what happened between the ropes. It was always about two men engaging in combat, with absolutely no entertainment aspect beyond the final result.

I clapped!

·
Registered
485 Posts

I've given up on watching Smackdown. It would maybe prefer it to Raw if a certain Irish-man wasn't on it and a certain must see superstar was.

I've also noticed I haven't missed out any plot 'cause WWE replay everything like 5 times an episode for some reason.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts

RAW is in a lull and SD is inconsistent but has more potential than RAW. SD is a good show sometime (last week) and meh other times (this week), but RAW can pretty much be counted on to upset you.

Something told me Santino vs Rodriguez was going to be mentioned. The match was less than 5 minutes on a 2 hour show and he completely glossed over the great main event. Typical WWE "fan" that does more criticizing than watching.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts

Some weeks are better than others but no, it's not getting worse and worse each week for me.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

It's a steady decline, with snatches of its former glory.

However, I do agree that we are not the target market - the kids are. And they still seem to love the product.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

Yes. WWE has been getting worse on a weekly basis. The roster is thin with talent, the shows are booked poorly, the crowds are silent, Smackdown is unwatchable, RAW has incredibly annoying and idiotic promos all over the place, neither the World Heavyweight or WWE Championships are the main focus, the storylines are horrid...I could go on and on.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Oh wow, another 'bring back the attitude era thread'. What a surprise.

Smackdown was actually great this week, aside from the Sheamus segments. They really bored me.

And in my opinion, Smackdown tends to fluctuate. They will have a really great episode one week, and a shitfest the next.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
This seems to be common around May or so. However, CM Punk is WWE Champion, Sheamus is World Heavyweight Champion and Damien Sandow has hit the ground running since his debut vignette.

Those are three reasons for me to keep watching.

·
Banned
159 Posts
I like seeing all the new talent coming to Smackdown, especially the intellectual savior Damien Sandow. I do wish they had Cesaro on the last couple weeks but hopefully he'll be back next week on SD.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There will always be comedy. Personally I would take a little innocent fun with Santino over Val Venis getting his dick chopped off or Mark Henry dating a tranny. I love the revisionist history sometimes.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Raw has become a snoozefest with Cena and Big Show. Who the hell has interest in watching that boring shi*. They should maybe have Dean Ambrose debut and see what he's got, the idea is to shake the show up. The more different talent that you can debut the more likely you'll strike gold developing a star.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Enh, I think its been consistently bad for a while now. I can't say its a good show when 1/10 is good. The last good Raw was when Brock debuted and its been a steady decline ever since. Really the Raws ever since last fall have been really going down in quality.

And this isn't me saying I want Attitude to come back because I don't. With a roster so full of charisma-less nobodies I'd be embarrassed to try and see a rehash. I know that Attitude had its low spots for sure, and the wrestling in 1999 was for the most part pretty poor, but its amazing that the fan reaction made the product feel so awesome and popular, and you had the characters to back them up. Now...this era just seems empty, like the sparks that made wrestling popular in the first place are just gone. The fans by in large really don't seem to care, there are practically no characters, the mic work is for the most part atrocious, the wrestling is very sporadic (it can be great and then really really bad), the writing sucks, the booking...LOL. Its just so inconsistent-look at last Sunday-we had a MOTY candidate in Punk/Bryan and then a top runner for WORST MOTY in Laurinaitis and Cena...on the same show! Say what you will about Attitude but at least it was consistently interesting. Wrestling these days feels like a shade of its former self.

·
Banned
370 Posts

Thread over haha

I'd buy you a beer sir.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts