Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I feel like TNA is doing great right now, better than the 'E' (but how many times have we heard that). I feel like everything seems fresh. Like I know the masked men attack isn't a new angle, but it gives a spark to TNA right now. Everyone is interested. And you CAN'T READ SPOILERS! Thats the best part!

What are yall's opinions on TNA's current product?

·
Premium Member
44,393 Posts
If they continue to put on good shows, then I will certainly be more interested in them.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
I've said it once and I've said it again. TNA is the only real major wrestling company right now that is innovating and changing the business. They aren't using the same old tired routine format that WWE and every other company's using. Having gut check and open fight night every month gives us all something to look forward to every other show and so far I love the reality style shooting that they are doing.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hands down. They keep up this pace and booking and continue the quality PPV's and they are pretty much the only actual interesting wrestling of the bigger companies going right now.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
I'll admit now that they are probably a little better than the WWE. That tag team title match at Slammiversary was gold. But they're not fresh. Roode is basically a poor mans HHH clone, some guy with the generic main event build, and generic wrestling style, who always wins title matches. And James Storm is the Kevin Nash, the less generic looking guy but less talented. This reminds me too much of that feud.

I love their undercard though. They are good at having multiple storylines going that are pretty good. But they need to build new stars who don't suck. Aries is the first really good new star that they've made in a while that wasn't from WWE. I would recommend they build up that guy Brutus Magnus and also push Chris Sabin if he doesn't go to the WWE.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
That TNA ep honestly brought me back, the whole feel, and Storms return, was really compelling. The speech that Storm gave was great, making me look forward to a match between Roode and Storm at BFG. TNA saw a long term goal and hopefully they keep it concrete.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Like I feel like TNA is doing great right now, better than the 'E' (but how many times have we heard that). I feel like everything seems fresh. Like I know the masked men attack isn't a new angle, but it gives a spark to TNA right now. Everyone is interested. And you CAN'T READ SPOILERS! Thats the best part!

Yes, yes I do. I haven't actively watched wrestling for an extended period since the Cena era began. I now watch TNA every week, and I avoid spoilers so I can better enjoy the show.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I ask this -

Can anyone question bringing in Hogan/Bischoff now? They said when they come in it would not be an overnight process, they had a long term vision. Over the past year that seems to be playing out and you know what, that vision is dead on what the industry needs.

Props to TNA, props to Dixie. They go against what the "IWC" suggests and lobbys for and keep coming out looking smart in the long run.

Reactions: Theproof

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
WWE is a joke right now. No guts. No atmosphere. Nothing.

TNA is definitely on the right track. If they can continue to add a few more awesome talents to their roster and cut the dead weight, this could excel some of the struggling divisions.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
if you look at the god awful no way out matchup it's a major letdown compared to what the card tna had this month. indeed overall tna is delivering a better lineup of matches and storylines..so far so good!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
TNA's product is pretty vanilla/predictable right now. Roode's a pretty boring/generic champ and everybody knows the BFG Series will end with Storm winning and beating Roode, so there's no intrigue there at all. The only interesting storylines they have are AJ/Dixie and Joseph Park/Bully Ray. Austin Aries is a good wrestler but his character, like Roode, is a bit too vanilla to be a main eventer. I think Aries has potential if they develop his character a little more, unlike Roode who just isn't convincing and comes off like he's acting/isn't unique/isn't funny. I'm not hating on Roode, great tag team wrestler with a good look but he does not have the charisma to be a long term champion. There's a reason TNA's ratings are in the shitter and have been going downhill since late last year.

One thing I do like that they've done recently is the Gut Check, but they don't do it every week so it's more of an event type thing.

TNA are by default better than WWE most of the time even when they're pretty middle of the road like right now, outside of when WWE have The Rock or Brock Lesnar on. TNA's matches are better, which Slammiversary was a good example of. The problem I have with TNA is they are capable of being better but the product is just too generic. Too much smark bait.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I ask this -

Can anyone question bringing in Hogan/Bischoff now? They said when they come in it would not be an overnight process, they had a long term vision. Over the past year that seems to be playing out and you know what, that vision is dead on what the industry needs.

Props to TNA, props to Dixie. They go against what the "IWC" suggests and lobbys for and keep coming out looking smart in the long run.
There is no vision. Hogan and Bischoff are just booking a generic wrestling show, and they're getting paid millions to do it, and TNA are averaging far lower ratings (and are less entertaining) than when Jarrett/Russo/Mantell were booking the show 3 years ago. The only real innovative type of idea they've had is the Gut Check.

·
Registered
575 Posts
TNA's product is pretty vanilla/predictable right now. Roode's a pretty boring/generic champ and everybody knows the BFG Series will end with Storm winning and beating Roode, so there's no intrigue there at all. The only interesting storylines they have are AJ/Dixie and Joseph Park/Bully Ray. Austin Aries is a good wrestler but his character, like Roode, is a bit too vanilla to be a main eventer. I think Aries has potential if they develop his character a little more, unlike Roode who just isn't convincing and comes off like he's acting/isn't unique/isn't funny. I'm not hating on Roode, great tag team wrestler with a good look but he does not have the charisma to be a long term champion. There's a reason TNA's ratings are in the shitter and have been going downhill since late last year.

One thing I do like that they've done recently is the Gut Check, but they don't do it every week so it's more of an event type thing.

TNA are by default better than WWE most of the time even when they're pretty middle of the road like right now, outside of when WWE have The Rock or Brock Lesnar on. TNA's matches are better, which Slammiversary was a good example of. The problem I have with TNA is they are capable of being better but the product is just too generic. Too much smark bait.
who says unpredictable is always good? anticipation is what drives everybody... like a teenager anticipating his 18 birthday.. like Sting vs Hogan starrcade 97 ( minues the finish)

if u want to get swerved 9/10 times that is your problem ...

i was watching vince russo's shoot the other day and it became clear to me what he is all about " all i care about is ratings" he doesn't care about wrestling matches "Cuz they lose ratings" other than when it's a gimick match . he doesn't like good ppv matches , he doesn't like ppvs ... he just wants TV ratings ... he doesn't care about that sweet feeling of a good ppv with good matches ... cuz that is to generic? you say?
come on man , give them credit when credit is due.

·
Registered
575 Posts
There is no vision. Hogan and Bischoff are just booking a generic wrestling show, and they're getting paid millions to do it, and TNA are averaging far lower ratings (and are less entertaining) than when Jarrett/Russo/Mantell were booking the show 3 years ago. The only real innovative type of idea they've had is the Gut Check.
yeah vision is having stable wars every fucking year? having good long title runs are generic? u love an actor winning the whc in a tag match on tv ? that is you oponion of a good show?i love that people are finally giving TNA a chance and some people are desperately looking for BS claims about the product!

·
Banned
49 Posts

In terms of major company yes.

Indies and Puro have always been vibrant.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
who says unpredictable is always good? anticipation is what drives everybody... like a teenager anticipating his 18 birthday.. like Sting vs Hogan starrcade 97 ( minues the finish)

if u want to get swerved 9/10 times that is your problem ...

i was watching vince russo's shoot the other day and it became clear to me what he is all about " all i care about is ratings" he doesn't care about wrestling matches "Cuz they lose ratings" other than when it's a gimick match . he doesn't like good ppv matches , he doesn't like ppvs ... he just wants TV ratings ... he doesn't care about that sweet feeling of a good ppv with good matches ... cuz that is to generic? you say?
come on man , give them credit when credit is due.
Even if the ratings were sky high right now I'd be bored to tears, but tbh if the product was more entertaining more people would probably be watching. My favorite period of TNA in the last 5 years was spring/summer 2009, which coincidentally was TNA's highest rated period ever. But getting beyond that, it's just boring.

The build to Storm/Roode might be good if we hadn't already seen the match 10 times. We saw it a couple times on free TV in late 2011, 3-4 times on TV and then PPV in early to spring 2012. Roode to me isn't an entertaining enough champion to make me care either. Jeff Jarrett in 2003-2005, Christian in 2007-2008, AJ Styles in 2010, and Kurt Angle in 2007 all played the heel champion part better.

Hogan/Bischoff want ratings just like Russo.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
yeah vision is having stable wars every fucking year? having good long title runs are generic? u love an actor winning the whc in a tag match on tv ? that is you oponion of a good show?i love that people are finally giving TNA a chance and some people are desperately looking for BS claims about the product!
I've watched TNA weekly for almost 9 years, it's had better times. I'm not saying it's terrible right now, it's got some good midcard feuds but the main event scene is pretty boring. 2009 was one of those good times, I'm not always a fan of stable wars but the Main Event Mafia angle was entertaining and had a purpose. That was a long term angle that worked. The Immortal/Frontline one is an example of a lame and uninspired stable war. Long heel title runs can be good, but if you don't have the right guy it's boring as shit.

Get over the Arquette shit it was 12 years ago.

·
Not Everybody Likes Us
473 Posts
I've watched TNA weekly for almost 9 years, it's had better times. I'm not saying it's terrible right now, it's got some good midcard feuds but the main event scene is pretty boring. 2009 was one of those good times, I'm not always a fan of stable wars but the Main Event Mafia angle was entertaining and had a purpose. That was a long term angle that worked. The Immortal/Frontline one is an example of a lame and uninspired stable war. Long heel title runs can be good, but if you don't have the right guy it's boring as shit.

Get over the Arquette shit it was 12 years ago.
Except the Main Event Mafia and Frontline stable war... didn't go anywhere. Seriously, what came of it? The eventual TV title. I loved the MEM for a few months, but it quickly went onto life support and fizzled out with no resolution, it just ended, and accomplished nothing. The Roode title run/James Storm chase has launched two wrestlers into the Main Event, MEM got no one into the main event that wasn't already in the main event there. TNA might be rather predictable right now, but how is that a bad thing at this stage? If anything it just shows that TNA has a clear direction right now of where they want to go. Roode has done his job as the Champion almost perfectly thus far, Storm has been fantastic, Austin Aries has come a long way. Let's not forget how stupid the MEM turned when Taz came in, and Joe after being taken out by the MEM every week for months joined out of no where, and essentially handed Angle the title. Again, I loved the MEM for awhile... but seriously, was there even another angle in TNA at the same time? Because that's pretty much was all that was going on, you either liked the MEM angle... or turned TNA off.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Most interested in TNA I've been in years.. They're reinventing the wheel tho lol just making sense and letting their workers talent show.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
They are the only thing keeping me watching wrestling right now.

TNA has been great in 2012.

Just very frustrating that the ratings dont show this and there are so many WWE watchers who refuse, for whatever reasons, to give it a chance.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts