Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It always saddens me. The man was just beginning to reach his potential right before his neck injury. Imagine the amazing matches he could have had, like a WWE title series with AJ Styles on SmackDown. Hell, if I had it my way he would've been a great heel to end the streak. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
14,966 Posts
You right.

I just remembered Curt Hawkins losing streak.

In fact, Tyson being in Hawkins spot is infinitely more believable than him ending the streak.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
Yes a bit, I always thought he was a white Dee Jay.
Remember Dee Jay? The kickboxer of Street Fighter.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Yes, he's someone I always rooted for and liked. I loved his heel work when he had Natalya as his valet and in NXT. She was much more enjoyable in that role. Also loved the dynamic he, her and Cesaro had. While I loved the Bar, the Cats & Facts team was equally as likable for me.

He was getting better and better, he was much more comedic and sarcastic in his later years. More confident, showing more of his personality. Seeing him on Total Divas (before I stopped watching) also made him more likable and helped people get to know him better.

With WWE's recent interest in trying to push all these smaller underdog cruiserweight characters like Gable, Cedric, Ali, Humberto, etc ...who knows what could have been?

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,205 Posts
I liked him a lot and he was just starting to develop a personality when his career ended, he also brought out the best of that bum Cesaro.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Nope. There's plenty of guys on the roster who are capable of the high quality matches he had. You have to be really special for me to have an emotional connection with you. Eddie Guerrero or a cm punk he is not.

That being said he was a lot of fun and the only guy in existence to get me to care about Trent Beretta or yoshi tatsu

·
The Babyface of WF
12,563 Posts
He was underrated as hell but a solid worker in the Midcard enhancement position was his ceiling, No way he was going any higher.

·
GG, muah! & No re, bang!
78 Posts
I don't see what you see in him about ending the streak, but he was a solid worker.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I mean, when Tyson started getting a push, the streak had already ended. I liked his tag team with Cesaro, he definitely could have contributed to the product if he was still around. Even if it was just working with guys on NXT.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Ending the Streak? As in Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak? I like Tyson Kidd, but damn, if the Streak was still intact and I had to pick which wrestler would break it, I could legitimately name about 200 wrestlers before I'd ever envision Kidd being the one. Not a slight on him at all. Just a super left field choice. Like if someone posed the question in the early 2000s and Tajiri was an answer.

But Tyson Kidd was REALLY coming into his own in 2014. He finally unlocked his personality after years of seeming bland. His cocky heel schtick in NXT with the headphones and the "Nattie's husband" chants... and he was always excellent in the ring. I don't know if he would have risen to WWE main roster main event status, given the names that have been signed and people that have been pushed over the past 5 years... I'm unsure if a healthy Tyson Kidd leapfrogs any of them in the pecking order. But the NXT run would have definitely opened up some eyes, and I could see him returning to Raw or SD and becoming entrenched in the IC/US Championship scene, possibly even having a lengthy reign with one of those secondary titles.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,882 Posts
He could have continued as a solid mid-card workhorse a la Cesaro, and it's sad that his career was cut short, but at least he's on the WWE payroll and is happily married to a cat lady, so there's that.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I was never a fan. Some people said he became somewhat entertaining in his last tenure but since his debut until the very end he always was a channel changer to me. He had an OK theme song though.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
Good worker & underrated, but this is a cruel industry and sadly I can't say I miss him.

Outright awful decision to say he should have ended The Streak.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts