Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JBL was one of my favorite characters. His gimmick was perfect. It feels like the WWE is really missing this guy. There isn't a top heel with his type presence anymore. People say Alberto Di Rel is a Mexican JBL rip off. I do agree and he does a shitty impression. We need the real JBL not a rip off!

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
JBL's character was way better than Del Rio's. JBL's persona came off believable because that's how he was in real life, he wasn't just playing a part. The best gimmicks are always the one's where the performer gets to be themselves with the volume turned way up. I'll always consider JBL as one of the most underrated heels in wrestling history. I know, bold right?

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Don't really care but I'd love to see JBL vs Del Rio.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
No, JBL can stay wherever he is. That way, all the young talent's buttholes won't be violated!

Alberto Del Rio is superior to JBL in EVERY conceivable way!

It didn't take Alberto 8 years before people started to give a shit about him.

The Talent Roster he's on is a lot stronger than the weak Smackdown JBL was on.

John Bradshaw Layfield is one of the most overrated WWE Champions of all-time. He makes Stan Stasiak look like Hulk Hogan!

I admit he was good as a commentator, and that's where he should have stayed. He looked pathetic and out of shape. Not that he was ever in great shape to begin with!

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Yes I do. It would be awesome if there was a tweener JBL vs. Heel Del Rio

·
Registered
919 Posts
It didn't take Alberto 8 years before people started to give a shit about him.
You must be a blind mark. Other than the IWC, no one gives a damn about ADR.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
No, JBL can stay wherever he is. That way, all the young talent's buttholes won't be violated!
You mean young talent like Miz, who you vehemently despise? That's irony for you...

Alberto Del Rio is superior to JBL in EVERY conceivable way!
Wrong. If you think ADR is anywhere near as good as JBL on the mic or anywhere near as good at getting heat, you need your fucking skull examined.

Anyway, yeah, I miss him. He was the best heel in the business. Any time he picked up a microphone, you were in for a treat. Even better than Jericho and Punk, quite honestly.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
You mean young talent like Miz, who you vehemently despise? That's irony for you...

Wrong. If you think ADR is anywhere near as good as JBL on the mic or anywhere near as good at getting heat, you need your fucking skull examined.

Anyway, yeah, I miss him. He was the best heel in the business. Any time he picked up a microphone, you were in for a treat. Even better than Jericho and Punk, quite honestly.
Exactly, but people on here seem to forget about that. He's one of the few people that could actually get legit heat from the crowd. I don't understand how CM Punk can get praised for having five guys boo him in the audience when JBL got the whole arena booing him. I'm not saying that JBL is the greatest wrestler or anything but the man doesn't get the credit he deserves as a heel.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts

I don't despise the Miz, and I damn sure don't despise him enough to want to see him get finger raped!

He's nowhere near as good as Jericho or Punk. On their worst day.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Yeah, JBL was a great wrestler, but I dont miss him much because I think ADR can fit in JBL's shoes ;) Who knows, its WWE!

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I don't despise the Miz, and I damn sure don't despise him enough to want to see him get finger raped!

He's nowhere near as good as Jericho or Punk. On their worst day.
Yeah, sure you don't despise him. That's why you're bashing him constantly.

In the ring he's not, but that's irrelevant. He's a superior mic worker and heel, and I'm a GIGANTIC fan of both Jericho and Punk, but the truth is what it is.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Yeah, sure you don't despise him. That's why you're bashing him constantly.

In the ring he's not, but that's irrelevant. He's a superior mic worker and heel, and I'm a GIGANTIC fan of both Jericho and Punk, but the truth is what it is.
It'll probably stop after Wrestlemania once he drops the belt to Cena.

I can think of probably 25 heels who were better than JBL off the top of my head. I could probably name a lot more.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I'm sure you could, but for the wrong reasons. You'd probably say Kaval was a better heel than JBL just because you like his ring work more.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I always enjoyed JBL's mic work, he was a great heel and awesome commentator, wouldn't mind seeing him back commentating.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I'm sure you could, but for the wrong reasons. You'd probably say Kaval was a better heel than JBL just because you like his ring work more.
I wouldn't list Kaval, but JBL is definitely not one of the greatest heels of all-time. IMO.

In a lot of people's opinion, probably.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Of course I miss him. Even when he could barely wrestle and was out of shape he was more interesting than about 90% of the current WWE roster.

I don't consider ADR to be the same gimmick as JBL either like some. Why is it the same? Because he is rich? So the fuck what? You think JBL was the first "rich" character in the history of wrestling? The limo doesn't mean shit either. ADR comes out in a different luxury car every week. He has a different look than JBL. He has his own announcer. He is a rich immigrant, while JBL was a ******* bigot that got rich off the stock market. Not the same gimmick at all really.

I would love for JBL to come back as Ted DiBiase's financial adviser/manager or something. Ted definately needs a mouthpiece he's fucking boring.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts