Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's boring and pointless.. weight limits don't belong in wrestling, it just doesn't work. Even when the X-Div is "no limits", I couldn't care less. For me, it has even less relevancy than the knockouts division.

I don't want to see an "improved" X Division myself, I just want to see it gone. It's the 15 minutes on every Impact I fast-forward, the part of every PPV I can't be bothered to watch. I don't care about the glory days of the X Division.. get with the times people. TNA needs to grow and look forward, not keep going backwards.

Why can't we just see the likes of Manik, Sabin, Kenny King as part of the main roster, trying to fight their way up to the World Title? The X Division does nothing but hold people back, and create boring storylines and meaningless matches that have no importance.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, but I do hate what it's become. The same 3 people every week, fighting for a title that doesn't mean anything. Back when I first saw TNA on it's debut, the X-division was exciting. Sure it was a bunch of spot monkeys, but they were doing stuff you couldn't see in WWE. The Canadian Destroyer made me mark the fuck out. Sure, no one in the main event scene could take a move like that, but that didn't matter. The world heavyweight title scene was one thing, and the X-division was another. Trying to blend the two together is where it all started falling apart. TNA should be 3 little islands: The KOs, the X-division, and the heavyweight belt. Just have those things seperate but equal.

Or maybe I'm just sick and tired of A&8s and Dixie Carter shoving her face in my TV. Well, at least Brooke is gone.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
amen, I'm with you.

I've only watched since 2010, so I don't really know what it was like before then.

I think part of why they have been even keeping it in TNA is because of the history it has in TNA and they might be afraid of what long TNA fans might think if they just stopped.

it might be getting better now with Hardy and Aries in there, but the storylines have been kind of boring. even when Aries was the champion for an extender period, the other people in the "division" were pretty much nobodies.
I think it would be better if they dropped any weight limits, and maybe calling it a division. what makes it a division?
make it a real mid card level, and have everyone in the mid card go for it regardless of weight.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
Hardy
Aries
Sabin
Manik
King
Ethan(Bateman)
Zema

Put it like this for a while and I'll jut love that division

·
Registered
350 Posts
Most people who hate the X Division started watching TNA after Hogan came in. I wonder why! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I don't hate the X-Division although I became a fan of TNA in 2005 when the X-Division was doing quite well.

Ultimately the issue with the X-Division is they only have 4 regular guys and the rest are just being thrown in. For me the X-Division should have these guys in it:

Chavo Guerrero (As the grizzled veteran trying to keep up)

Chris Sabin

Christopher Daniels

Ethan

Kenny King

Manik

Zema Ion

And then to add to the numbers have Petey Williams return, Sonjay Dutt returns and maybe sign a former WWE guy that fits the style such as Paul London.

With those 10 names you'd have a really great division. Maybe not as good as it was back in 2005 but you could get a lot of great matches there and you're not sacrificing any main eventers who have to "drop down" the card just to fill numbers

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hardy
Aries
Sabin
Manik
King
Ethan(Bateman)
Zema

Put it like this for a while and I'll jut love that division
Thing is though why would half of those want to be 'relegated' to the X division. Look at Aries reaction when Sabin said 'good to see you back in the x division'
It feels like a demotion. There's no proper flow between that and the heavyweight division, when the roster is so small as TNA's they can't have seperate diviisions

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
Thing is though why would half of those want to be 'relegated' to the X division. Look at Aries reaction when Sabin said 'good to see you back in the x division'
It feels like a demotion. There's no proper flow between that and the heavyweight division, when the roster is so small as TNA's they can't have seperate diviisions
Fine. Create a proper flow

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
The problem with the X-Division is the lack of a structured concept. Who are the idiots back stage changing the concept of it every few months, Trying to come up with clever things when its not.

The only way this division will get good again if you make it what it was in 2002 but much more. It originally was about modern very technical high impact wrestling. Not per say about stupid spoke monkeys. If it once again became the technical defending competitive belt,Then it would be important. I like the idea of it being a stepping stone to the world title. That can make the belt be even more competitive, So you want to be the x-Division champ so bad. So you can get your chance to work towards the world title. Everyone respects a competitive champion.

People have such a tainted perspective of it,This belt used to be valued more then the world title. So lets get it back to the belt meaning a lot and being that belt you fight for,

It was originally about like i said very technical intense no limits match. Thats why they had the phrase " Its not about Weight limits but no limits"

4,547 Posts
I like quick paced technique, sometimes stiffer moves, high flyers and so-called “spot monkeys”. I want that style of wrestling to have a regular place on television, and if the x division title were altered to be a standard mid card belt or scrapped altogether I’m not confident that what I enjoy – and they type of wrestlers who do it best - would have a home in the main event. If someone gets over massively with the crowd then yes, bump him into other areas of the card if he adapts well – that’s where the currently troublesome ‘Option C’ would come in handy. Just leave a place for those who show off a specific sort of wrestling well to do their thing.

I’d like the old x division back but, barring that, I’d settle for a better booked, more respected x division where fast paced matches highlighting technical ability would happen weekly. I’m all for variety to appeal to the widest range of fans.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
World title picture was never great for TNA either.

I feel like the only belt they've ever had in the singles division that meant anything was the X title. But you're right, division is non existent right now. I think it shouldn't be about weight limits.

Wouldn't like to see it gone though, I'd like to see them make it their first tier title and have "That kind of wrestling" in the main event scene. That style.

Think, AJ, think Daniels, think Kaz, Hardy. And every now and again have a guy like Joe or Storm competing for it. Hell, have them win it. But that's the kind of wrestling TNA should be doing the most often.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I like it, I think the X Division was the best thing to happen in some time to TNA.
Though I wish they would add to the roster... Its kinda lacking :\

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think they need the cruiserweight division / x-division , a TNA version of the intercontinental championship and the world heavyweight championship. Right now if you dont have the HWC you got nothing so naturally for people like Austin Aries its going to seem like a demotion. Like mentioned before it needs flow but the x-div has nothing to flow to

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Only started watching TNA like 2 years ago but heard quite a bit about the X division, looks like it would be awesome from the stuff I've seen on youtube, the problem is the roster for it consists of like 3 guys, which doesn't really make it very interesting.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I dont hate the X-Division, but i definately think it has become a useless division for the past few years. Which is unfortunately, because it could be one of those things that separates them from the WWE, which is what they really need to attract new fans. Find 2 AAA guys and bring in 2 Japanese guys and turn the X-Division in a 'junior heavyweight' division like they do in Japan, and you have something that really stands out, and with 2 mexicans and 2 japanese you immediatly give that division some international credibility. Then finally let AJ, Daniels, Kazarian, Hardy, Aries all participate in that division occasionally and you are back to what it was in 2005. Maybe even do a BOSJ style tournament once a year.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
There are a lot of quality small indy wrestlers that can't make the big leagues because of their size. Sign them and showcase the X-Division more.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I'd like to add in this thread as well that Option C is really silly and it makes the X-Division Title look secondary. That type of thing should be implied not openly admitted.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts