Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i first started smoking i would be fine. i'd enjoy myself, socialize, etc. but then one day while smoking with my dumb ass friend i tripped the fuck out cause of him, and after that i was never the same while high. i get extremely paranoid and quiet as fuck, and just analyze everything. i feel 'unsafe' in public settings, and i don't wanna do shit besides find a safe spot and just sit there. obviously this is boring as fuck and awkward, so people are like "wtf?"

does this also happen to anyone? i'm thinking of just quitting weed permanently for my mental well-being, but then i thought of just smoking in private, by myself, and in my own home. i never trip out there, in fact, i feel great and have great thoughts.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
when i first started smoking i would be fine. i'd enjoy myself, socialize, etc. but then one day while smoking with my dumb ass friend i tripped the fuck out cause of him, and after that i was never the same while high. i get extremely paranoid and quiet as fuck, and just analyze everything. i feel 'unsafe' in public settings, and i don't wanna do shit besides find a safe spot and just sit there. obviously this is boring as fuck and awkward, so people are like "wtf?"

does this also happen to anyone? i'm thinking of just quitting weed permanently for my mental well-being, but then i thought of just smoking in private, by myself, and in my own home. i never trip out there, in fact, i feel great and have great thoughts.
Yep. I was having an absolutely terrible trip on some psychedelics and thought some weed would calm me down, but it just threw me into a horrible state of panic. After that I would have panic attacks every single time I smoked weed. It's extremely hard to calm yourself down once you have an experience like that and start to feel anxious, so I'd recommend taking a break for awhile. I quit for about a year and I was fine once I started again.

If you don't want to stop, then take one small hit at a time and see how you react. Your buddies might give you shit and call you a pussy or whatever, but don't mind them, they're just retarded. And stay far, far away from sativa strains. Sativas make you incredibly energetic, so if you don't have anything to do your mind will just start racing and send you right back into that panicky state. Stick to indicas, smoke small amounts, and try not to drink a lot of caffeine. Do that and you'll be alright.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,685 Posts
I got robbed while I was high once, after I was walking home with a buddy after a party. I then got extremely paranoid of the people around me everytime I got high, thinking that they would rob me. I took a break and it's less of an issue now, although at times I might still get paranoid about it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some good advice, thanks guys. i think i will stop for a good while and get my head straight.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Only times I ever got paranoid was when I went into a Foster's Freeze with some friends after we smoked and I was the one holding the weed and pipe and there were cops in the line.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
I have before and honestly, the paranoia isn't manufactured out of nowhere. We're all afraid of getting caught and the mental state you're in when you're high doesn't help.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Happens sometimes to me, usually when I'm out in public or around people I don't know so well. Just avoid being in those situations when I smoke these days.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
It happens at times

Sent from my Ally using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
Have done a couple of times but it not a regular occurance.. I remember once being high as balls, listening to the voices in my head having a right chat, while i lay on my back in field unable to move. The band that gave me space cake had just come back from a home tour of amsterdam and i my slice and my mates as the band just looked at me and said " you shouldn't have done that..."

hours later me staring at the sky.. fucked.

i also got kick when a girl asked if i was ok, i said yes but could she come back with a skirt on.. (i was on my back..)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I used to smoke heavily for 4 1/2 years and would occasinally get paranoid when walking alone at night but since i have cut down to a spliff before bed i have had no issues with paranoia.

·
Banned
833 Posts
You are scared because of the law and cops. Because you are teached that WEED is TABOO and it is PUNISHABLE. Smoke for the fun, why are u smoking if u get paranoid? Dumb motherfucker.

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
Yeah paranoia or feeling uncomfortable in social settings is always a possibility. Personally I feel it's just amplifying whatever you're feeling to start with. So if you're slightly uncomfortable you may become REALLY uncomfortable.

I prefer to smoke alone or with close frien4s only. I barely even toke anymore tho.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Drugs do that. Make people paranoid.
This is true.

What does that have to do with this thread?
This is about weed, not drugs.

---
I don't. Some "aww, shit, cops!" moments are fucking annoying, though.

·
Rolex Bomb Defuser
410 Posts
Yo, I'm not sure, but I think someone drugged me 2-3 days ago. I was seeing things that weren't there, I thought my penis disappeared and that I turned into a girl.

Wtf, man. I don't know what the hell happened but something went into my body that day that made see things that weren't there. Freaking insane, man. I thought I was going to die.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,325 Posts
This is true.

What does that have to do with this thread?
This is about weed, not drugs.

---
I don't. Some "aww, shit, cops!" moments are fucking annoying, though.
If you don't think weed is a drug you obviously don't know what a drug is.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
Yo, I'm not sure, but I think someone drugged me 2-3 days ago. I was seeing things that weren't there, I thought my penis disappeared and that I turned into a girl.

Wtf, man. I don't know what the hell happened but something went into my body that day that made see things that weren't there. Freaking insane, man. I thought I was going to die.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts