Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm a passionate WWE fan and have been for a very long time, I'll admit they have been fairly lackluster for the better part of this decade and I only hope they improve little by little even if it takes Rival competition to do it, Vince needs to get over his old carny mindset stuck in the past if he wants more from viewers, You'd think he was one of the greediest people on Earth right now.
I know what you mean but the really really sad thing is that he's not.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
no, they deserve it, bad companies run by bad people should crash and burn
I get the sense that most people here are all about "ratings suck again - lol, good for them!". I find that i'm the opposite. It really bugs me that ratings keep going down, and that the move to FOX, although started off with a bang, has since run into a lot of problems (not the least of which is FS1 viewership). I find myself being happy when I hear about WWE being successful, be it ratings going high, or network subs high, etc. And lately - it's almost always been bad news which is depressing.

Before you guys call me a WWE loyalist who will watch anything - i'm not. I've become more of a casual viewer - i keep up with what happens each week, but only really watch when things interest me, because I too have grown quite dis-enthused with a lot of the programming.

Still - i've been a fan for well over 25+ years - and seeing the business struggle continuously is really upsetting. I'd love to see WWE starting to put forth ratings of 4-5 again, and land 5-7+mil viewers per show.

In fact - this isn't even limited to WWE. Even for AEW - i don't mind competition so long as they don't devolve into anything too cutthroat in trying to kill each other off. Would love to similarly see AEW grow in viewership to 2M+ each week.

Do you guys feel it's simply hopeless/a lost cause, and professional wrestling will never again recapture that level of popularity?

And mostly - does anyone else feel bad/find it depressing how everything seems to be trending downwards?

where do I even begin with you

WWE is not the entire business

what kind of witness fanboy makes a mistake like that?

Unless you have money invested in WWE you shouldn't care what the ratings are, you should be concerned with what YOU are paying for gives you your moneys worth

I know the rush of your preferences becoming the most beloved and successful but that is an insecurity that EVERYONE in the world needs to jettison like the plague

Pro wrestling at least for now IS a lost cause hence why I stopped watching, until things change for the better im moving on with my life and you Bobholly should aswell

·
Registered
29 Posts
After re watching Attitude Era shows I don't see any reason why WWE can't at least present their show in the same way. I don't know about a boom but it would attract back stray fans and casuals if they did these few things.

- Characters that are more than 2D
- Actual reasons for wrestling matches other than 'Im the best wrestler'.
- Hooks leading into commercials
- Cliffhanger endings
- Actual sexy women that behave like women
- 2 hour long show

Its not hard to implement those things. I'm seeing the apparent worse writer in wrestling history, Russo, do it on a weekly basis as the sole head writer, so I have no idea why 40 Hollywood writers can't do it.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Why should I be saddened or feel sympathy for a company that does nothing but shit on its fanbase and insulting our intelligence on a weekly basis? A company that refuses to budge on moving forward with the times instead of being stuck in the 90s/in their set ways?

Fuck em, specifically Vince.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,868 Posts
they brought it on themselves imo.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I’m not happy with the decline in WWE, because it drove me away from their product. I think WWE have become very complacent and the lack of effort in their programming is the outcome.

Wrestling will most likely never see the same popularity that it had in the past, but there still is a place for it, which is good. We now have access to so many programs and different forms of entertainment. Wrestling will never become a “cool” thing again, it’s too outdated.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
OP why are you worried about a company that has no future? It's been decades now, this company has not chance of improving, every year they go backwards, it's a lost cause, they are a waste of time and space. THEY WILL NEVER BE GOOD AGAIN, NEVER.

The best you could do is wish they disappear and another big company takes over. WWE time has expired.

·
E:16
6,196 Posts
I was giving them £10 a month and they were consistently giving poor PPVs so I stopped. I do still wish they would just produce good wrestling instead of the cap now because I want WWE to be fun to watch again.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I feel bad about it, as I grew up watching WWE. On the other hand, they've almost purposely tried to drive me away with nonsensical booking and an inconsistent product, something which the indie scene and AEW fills the gap for. It's not that WWE doesn't have the talent, they in fact have the best collective in the whole world! It's just that the product doesn't feel special enough.

Plus, it's not convenient to watch all that they put out. I can manage AEW as it's within two hours, which is my limit per week in reality. WWE can be caught up with in 20 minutes on Youtube. To make matter worse for ratings, I haven't watched any wrestling on actual TV since about 2007. It's just easier to stream online and for free too! No license fees or satellite subscriptions.

WWE need to have a serious think about their own product and had better adapt. In my opinion, they need to see the success of NXT as a brand, as that is genuinely a good show. It's just a shame they have extinguished their own fire by putting it up against AEW.

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
This showed up on the main page and i dont know what section it is and i do not post in wwe sections so maybe someone can understand my perspective. I dont understand how someone can possibly feel bad about the downturn for a company that has been so out of touch for longer then 10 years and continues to go down a unrealistic path that is clearly not winning over even the kids. If your brand continues to decline and push people away it only means you're doing something wrong. They have done nothing to rebrand in the past 10 years at least, Yet before this period they rebranded at least 3 times in the 90s even rebranded liked everything to its direction to its visual look to everything. The problem is i believe is wwe made the biggest mistake ever by going public,No company benefits in the long run being public, Most certainty a wrestling promotion will not. You can not have stock holders telling your company what to do and cable companies like fox that have no business knowing what people want. The company is entirely out of touch and it shows and the fact that they have been slowly declining its populatery more and more each year is enough facts.

They had all the chances in the world to rebrand for a big moment of them moving back to fox and having so called new seasons start for the other shows on the same week. Had a chance to stop using boring ass same old theme less soul less stage sets they have used for 10 years now driven by generic leds,Yet they decided to do the same shit but a different shaped design. Yet they did nothing to change and what fire Eric bishoff when he has no say to do what he thinks is best for the brand. These executives of these shows are nothing more than face puppets well vince is not around. You think this direction is what Paul would do if he had control ? Of course not.

Why did the joker just because the most successful rated R movie of all time ? Because people want realistic elements,We create variety of characters and personalities. WWE is nothing more than a soft taco with a roster that is all told to do what the bad direction of a company wants them to do.This is insanity to want this when the reason your company became successful in the first place is because you let people do what they do best and roll with the characters they came up with and say what they wont. All these stupid companies being worried because of a hand full of justice warriors that will never change anything and will bitch about anything regardless is petty shit.

I do believe this element will come back but clearly not going to happen until its bad enough.Maybe a year from now i could see it get bad enough. If AEW gets more popularity they will be forced just like wcw forced wwf to change for the better !

Just because i loved wwe once it dont mean i should stick around for some shit product that wont change. I gave up 10 years ago and only peak once in a while to see if it changed but it just gets worst and worst. We have many options and wwe makes it to easy.

And all the fools that continue to bitch and watch are the problem for it taking longer for change. Same thing happens with idiots that hang on to toxic girlfriends or boyfriends and take forever to let go. Then break up and say they should have done it 5 years ago. The best way people will change is to move on. wcw was kicking wwf ass and so they had to change

They will be good again one day but they must entirely rebrand. Get rid of those stupid belts and everything. Look at all the internet talk of everyone hyped to see themed sets again and instead you just got a new version of a different shaped led. Shows how much wwe listens to fans

·
Registered
764 Posts
I dont feel bad, but I would rather they do well for which they need to produce a better product
I am not one to feel too happy/sad over other people's successes and failures

·
Registered
293 Posts
Do I feel bad for the business? No. They do not give a trickle of piss about fans whatsoever. HHH is far more concerned with his WrestleMania entrances and being known as the father of NXT than anything that a fan might like. The company itself is only interested in squeezing as much merchandise sales out of a particular wrestler before knocking them back off their perch before they become too big.

Do I feel bad as a fan? Absolutely. I yearn for the same emotions I grew up with that left me desperate for more. Now WWE has only become about "how much of a fucking disaster is it going to be this week?" and that is pretty much the main reason I seem to watch. Not in a "ffs this is so crap I shouldn't watch" kind of way, but almost a masochistic I NEED to see how awful the next Rollins promo is going to be, or Becky pierce her lips after every sentence, or the inevitable screwup of each hot star.

Do the WWE care if I feel that way watching their show? Hell no. As long as my eyes are on it. And that is exactly why I will never feel bad about their downturn (though technically it's not a downturn. It's an shit show that keeps making more and more money).

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Nope... Why should i when they have clearly forgotten how they made a fan in me and several others, several years ago..and are now only trying to get more money out of everyone than put in any effort to improve product quality...

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't feel bad for Vince. He deserves whatever.

I do feel bad for me and others I know like me that love and always watched wrestling but stopped. I mean, they actually drove me away from their own product. And I still give them chances every so often, it actually seems to get worse. I wish they would get better but tbh I'm kind of over them. I've gotten into AEW and even though they have plenty of room for improvement, it's at least enjoyable and watchable to me.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I would feel bad if they cared half as much about the product as we do. They don't. It's their own doing and they deserve it.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts