Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,880 Posts
WWE hates their audience and revels in agitating and denigrating their consumer base. Someone explain to me why they deserve my sympathy, please.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I get the sense that most people here are all about "ratings suck again - lol, good for them!". I find that i'm the opposite. It really bugs me that ratings keep going down, and that the move to FOX, although started off with a bang, has since run into a lot of problems (not the least of which is FS1 viewership). I find myself being happy when I hear about WWE being successful, be it ratings going high, or network subs high, etc. And lately - it's almost always been bad news which is depressing.
Ratings seem to have stabilized.They aren't doing "record lows" anymore.SD! just did a pretty decent number.No danger of getting canceled anytime soon.Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
17,311 Posts
No I don't feel any pity at all they deserve what they did we are the customer and if we do not get a product that we enjoy why should we keep paying for it

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Fuck no! They deserve the shit they're getting. They ran themselves and the entire industry into the ground, both belittle and insult their fans and treat their talent like shit. Fuck'em

Reactions: ObsoleteMule

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
I think there's nothing more everyone on here wants that to see WWE get good again. Or at least get as good as it can, I myself don't enjoy hating on WWE when it sucks, I take no joy. But it's tough love for me. :p

·
Waiting for Kawato
962 Posts
I am sad things are trending downwards, but I don't feel bad about it, because they seem to be actively working for it to be completely honest. These people on their TV show time and time again display an utter disdain for their audience and show little to no interest in producing a coherent product from week to week. The funniest thing is that they clearly know these problems are there, and pay lip service to them, and then change absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
As long as they continue to pump out a bad, heatless product, and continue to misuse and miscast much of their roster, I feel no shame in celebrating their failures.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I really hope AEW makes it to something resembling a competition...They seem to be on the right track in terms of booking so far but whether they grow their audience by bringing back everyone who wwe has driven away with their stupid booking.... No way is WWE gonna step up their game otherwise and its only gonna keep getting worse in terms of watchability...

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
I've brought this up before, but WWE in 2019 reminds me of the Ford Motor Company from the 20s to 40s when Henry Ford refused to innovate past his original smash hit Model T, while also accumulating a whole bunch of shady yes men around him (led by Harry Bennett, a seething, trigger-happy weasel) who were cutting his family out and validating his decisions to prevent new ideas, all so they could keep their own power. But while Henry Ford's family tried to tell him all of this, Vince's family ain't telling him at all, or at least it seems that way. I know there's the struggle between Triple H and Dunn, but I've lost a lot of confidence in Trips this year.

It also reminds me of Disney in the early 80s which hadn't done shit in almost 20 years until new management finally came in (First Frank Wells, then Michael Eisner and Jeffrey Katzenberg, before their petty ego spat destroyed them), cleaned house, and began the renaissance. But that's the problem. The McMahons are too entrenched so new management CAN'T come in. WWE has no real board of directors and Vince won't hire another CEO, for example, even though fresh outside perspectives are exactly what's needed. Imagine if he hired Tony Khan and crew and just let them do what they're doing with AEW now, along with WWE's market power? There is no Wells or Katzenberg in WWE's future, because the McMahon family has to rule its petty potentate. It would be like if Disney didn't reorganize in 1984 and would rather just stick with the Fox and the Hound or the Black Cauldron instead of the Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast.

So no, if WWE wants to keep producing Black Cauldrons and Model Ts, instead of moving on, they deserve all the shit they get. Vince is just a guy who refuses to know his limits. AEW shows us what's possible and proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's management that's fucking this company up, not talent. Just compare Dean Ambrose to Jon Moxley. It's like they're two different people. At this time last year, Ambrose was taking shots to inoculate himself against distemper. Now Moxley is preparing for a WAR with Kenny Omega tonight.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I've brought this up before, but WWE in 2019 reminds me of the Ford Motor Company from the 20s to 40s when Henry Ford refused to innovate past his original smash hit Model T, while also accumulating a whole bunch of shady yes men around him (led by Harry Bennett, a seething, trigger-happy weasel) who were cutting his family out and validating his decisions to prevent new ideas, all so they could keep their own power. But while Henry Ford's family tried to tell him all of this, Vince's family ain't telling him at all, or at least it seems that way. I know there's the struggle between Triple H and Dunn, but I've lost a lot of confidence in Trips this year.

It also reminds me of Disney in the early 80s which hadn't done shit in almost 20 years until new management finally came in (First Frank Wells, then Michael Eisner and Jeffrey Katzenberg, before their petty ego spat destroyed them), cleaned house, and began the renaissance. But that's the problem. The McMahons are too entrenched so new management CAN'T come in. WWE has no real board of directors and Vince won't hire another CEO, for example, even though fresh outside perspectives are exactly what's needed. Imagine if he hired Tony Khan and crew and just let them do what they're doing with AEW now, along with WWE's market power? There is no Wells or Katzenberg in WWE's future, because the McMahon family has to rule its petty potentate. It would be like if Disney didn't reorganize in 1984 and would rather just stick with the Fox and the Hound or the Black Cauldron instead of the Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast.

So no, if WWE wants to keep producing Black Cauldrons and Model Ts, instead of moving on, they deserve all the shit they get. Vince is just a guy who refuses to know his limits. AEW shows us what's possible and proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's management that's fucking this company up, not talent. Just compare Dean Ambrose to Jon Moxley. It's like they're two different people. At this time last year, Ambrose was taking shots to inoculate himself against distemper. Now Moxley is preparing for a WAR with Kenny Omega tonight.

I agree with your premise.. But would also tell that AEW is much better run, not just because of the freedom but also because of the talent they have vs the wwe... The whole of wwe, there is no one close to the talent of Chris Jericho, who has been killing it.. I would say Moxley, Cody Kenny etc are better in that they can speak better than most in wwe.. Whereas Triple H with his infinite wisdom hired a lot of people that are in the main roster now who are "workhorses" in that they can do a lot of spam finishes but dont really have much in ring psychology otherwise or the ability to be a good promo (the fact that Hogan and Flair promo showed they are still better on the mic is quite telling!!!).. I agree WWE can definitely be better but whether they can book a compelling show for 5 hours with the talent they have who can wrestle but are poor-average promos, not sure entirely...

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
The biggest reason why AEW is much better run isn't even because of the creative freedom, though that is a symptom. It's because not everything has to go through one person. As we heard with Mox and Jericho, every little thing has to go through Vince, directly and indirectly. There's no real structure, it's just haphazardly reported to Vince somehow and then Vince has to put his stamp on everything, even though the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

You can't run a business that way.

It's actually similar to what happened with Eisner at Disney after Frank Wells died and there was no bulwark to prevent him from consolidating power. Eisner just made mistake after mistake after mistake.

But Disney had real shareholders and a real board of directors to ultimately hold him accountable and force him out of power. WWE has no such thing.

Now we don't know much about how AEW operates internally, but it seems streamlined and efficient, which you'd expect from a startup.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I don't give a fuck. I watch to watch wrestling and what I feel bad about is that WWE's product sucks compares to years past. Why would anyone be invested about how the business is doing unless they're an investor?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am a 25+ year fan as well and will always love wrestling.

With that being said, WWE is shockingly bad right now, hell, it has been bad on and off for well over a decade so this is nothing new.

I like to fantasy book how I would book these wrestlers in a more mature way. The talent is there. Just everything they do is cringe which tells me I am not the target audience.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,524 Posts
I'm a passionate WWE fan and have been for a very long time, I'll admit they have been fairly lackluster for the better part of this decade and I only hope they improve little by little even if it takes Rival competition to do it, Vince needs to get over his old carny mindset stuck in the past if he wants more from viewers, You'd think he was one of the greediest people on Earth right now.

·
Registered
14,234 Posts
No I am not in the slightest... Now it's not to say I'm happy about it either, I've said the same thing for a long while now, they won't improve till they are threatened, and now is the time.. Any time now would be good.

·
The Mister Abigail Experience
5,685 Posts
I don’t care how much money they make, but I don’t want them to fail, either.

I don’t want any wrestling to fail. WWE is pretty terrible right now, which is even more evidenced by how shocked everyone is when they pull out a good show like that invasion Smackdown.

NXT is pretty good for the most part. Certainly the best of the WWE range.

All Geek Wrestling was a beacon of light but now they’ve gone a few weeks, they are a total disappointment. They have two, three guys tops who can talk on the mic, and the rest are the worst representation of the indies or people who couldn’t handle the big leagues.

NWA powerrr is fun but limited in its possibilities.

So I hope they all get better because for me, it’s a pretty bleak period of wrestling right now.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts
They deserve it. They deserve every single failure. Realistically they deserve to go out of business.

I'd love it if WWE was doing better of course, but they've dug their own grave.

Ignoring the fans, refusing to push real Pro Wrestlers, forcing their bland Pet Projects down our throats, only pushing like 1% of thier own roster while everyone else is an irrelevant jobber.

They deserve it all.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I love WWE and know they have plenty of talent but their creative is an all time bad. It still is my favorite over professional indy, AEW, TNA, and NJPW. Some many who come here to shit on WWE and praise another promotion like the "war" is won. It is clear that there is a bias in this forum from poster to higher up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I feel bad for myself. I keep DirecTV for the sole purpose of recording raw and Smackdown but it’s getting really hard to not cut the chord because I find myself not even watching the DVR recordings anymore

21 - 40 of 73 Posts