Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Barret gets on my nerves and not in the good way because it doesn't seem like he is pushing plot but trying to piss people off. I mean Barret is basically a dick and orders the team around rather than working with them to dominate.

Issues with Nexus in general:
1.They do not even appear like bad guys and come out to a annoying song (which is not intimidating at all).
2.I do not know why they kicked Tarver out he was a really good villian.
3. They lack an overall motive...
4. Gabriel and Barret really does not do heel well. I will give Barret that he is good on the mic though.

Imo Barret should not lead Nexus Tarver should have. Barret gives off a hired goon vibe and Heath gives off a plotter vibe (kinda like an advisor to Tarver)but... they kicked Tarver out >_>

Does anyone else dislike Barret as the leader of Nexus?

Edit: Yes this is in the rant section but they told me it was not supposed to be there

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Tarver has a presence no one else in Nexus has, he doesn't belong in a gang situation.

Gabriel and Slater are the wrestling guys. (plus slater shares a mind connection with Barret, go watch them sometimes, they do the same actions at the same time occasionally, is very weird)

Sheffield is a big mean troll enforcer.

Barret is a great talker and has the greatest smug face known to man, he is the evil genius.

They should of kept Darren Young as a jobber, but Mcgillishitty and Harris will do.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Barret is very good at speaking, I believe that the only people in there are worth Barret (If you change one type finisher JBL) and Justin Gabriel.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
1.They do not even appear like bad guys and come out to a annoying song (which is not intimidating at all).
4. Gabriel and Barret really do not do heel well. I will give Barret that he is good on the mic though.
1. Barrett, Otunga, Slater, Harriss and McGillicutty only send bad guy vibes, at the moment I couldn't even imagine them as babyfaces. Gabriel is the pretty boy of the bunch, but even he can adjust and look like someone with evil intentions (he reminds me of a greaser hooligan, or something). Don't even get me started on Cena, he's a Bad Bad Man (if you know what I mean).

2. I agree. But apparently they needed to trim the black.

3. First they needed to make an impact, but then came THE BIGGER PICTURE which is something the writers are still trying to figure out, hence why it's yet to be revealed after all these months.

4. Err... what?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
4. Gabriel and Barret really do not do heel well. I will give Barret that he is good on the mic though.
I'm not sure which to go with, :lmao or fpalm.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
1. Barrett, Otunga, Slater, Harriss and McGillicutty only send bad guy vibes, at the moment I couldn't even imagine them as babyfaces. Gabriel is the pretty boy of the bunch, but even he can adjust and look like someone with evil intentions (he reminds me of a greaser hooligan, or something). Don't even get me started on Cena, he's a Bad Bad Man (if you know what I mean).

2. I agree. But apparently they needed to trim the black.

3. First they needed to make an impact, but then came THE BIGGER PICTURE which is something the writers are still trying to figure out, hence why it's yet to be revealed after all these months.

4. Err... what?
Tarver got injured hence why they took him out.

Anyway, the OP sounds retarded.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Tbh I dislike him having a job.

But out of all the rookies on NXT1 & 2, Barrett is the only fit to be a leader of a stable. The only other choice could've been Tarver but that would've been full of fail.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Barret gets on my nerves and not in the good way because it doesn't seem like he is pushing plot but trying to piss people off. I mean Barret is basically a dick and orders the team around rather than working with them to dominate.

Issues with Nexus in general:

Imo Barret should not lead Nexus Tarver should have. Barret gives off a hired goon vibe and Heath gives off a plotter vibe (kinda like an advisor to Tarver)but... they kicked Tarver out >_>

Does anyone else dislike Barret as the leader of Nexus?

Edit: Yes this is in the rant section but they told me it was not supposed to be there
1. Have you seen their first attack on Raw?

2. Tarver had a groin injury therefore he had to get kicked out, i'd rather see him go solo anyway than being treated like a jobber in Nexus all the fucking time.

3. Bigger picture hasn't been revealed yet, but so far i think it's clear that they aim Randy Orton's WWE championship as the main objective.

4. Tell that to the crowds who boo the hell out of them like every week.

I like Barrett as the leader of Nexus, he's doing his job well.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Why do you think that Barrett isn't a good Heel? The guy is one of the most hated Wrestlers of the year and the way he talks, acts hell even the way he looks just screams "asshole", he looks like a villain I just can't imagine him as a Face.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys I am not saying Barret can't do heel well I am saying that his current actions are more like a school bully then a heel (more creatives fault I guess) I just do not think he benifits from Nexus when he is allready a pretty big guy.

I mean people are more focused on Cena/Barret than Orton/Barret because alls Barret's heel routine is, is being a dick to Cena basically. This helps noone has Cena is held back and the Cenation is pissed , Barret gets more rivalry with Cena and Orton who many consider the lesser of the three on the mic is overshadowed (AND HE IS THE CHAMPION FOR HECKS SAKE)

Also I fixed where I put do instead of does , and a Nexus mark (unless you have the N in your avy because you are not a fan ) would correct me on a miniscule error in keyboarding (typo if you will)...

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
Guys I am not saying Barret can't do heel well I am saying that his current actions are more like a school bully then a heel (more creatives fault I guess) I just do not think he benifits from Nexus when he is allready a pretty big guy.

I mean people are more focused on Cena/Barret than Orton/Barret because alls Barret's heel routine is, is being a dick to Cena basically. This helps noone has Cena is held back and the Cenation is pissed , Barret gets more rivalry with Cena and Orton who many consider the lesser of the three on the mic is overshadowed (AND HE IS THE CHAMPION FOR HECKS SAKE)

Also I fixed where I put do instead of does , and a Nexus mark (unless you have the N in your avy because you are not a fan ) would correct me on a miniscule error in keyboarding (typo if you will)...
Barrett will get the biggest push after Nexus and it's because he was the leader. The Nexus made Barrett a legit main eventer and he definitely deserves it.

The fact that you use the phrase "Cenation" made me sick but I'll skip past that. Cena is held back and the fans are pissed at this for a reason. Everyone hates Barrett more. When someone makes their hero his bitch, after winning in the match uncleanly, Cena's fans are pissed. This makes Barrett more of a heel. Orton is overshadowed because he... well... sucks. Despite being the WWE champion.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Barrett will get the biggest push after Nexus and it's because he was the leader. The Nexus made Barrett a legit main eventer and he definitely deserves it.

The fact that you use the phrase "Cenation" made me sick but I'll skip past that. Cena is held back and the fans are pissed at this for a reason. Everyone hates Barrett more. When someone makes their hero his bitch, after winning in the match uncleanly, Cena's fans are pissed. This makes Barrett more of a heel. Orton is overshadowed because he... well... sucks. Despite being the WWE champion.
Yeah okay... but the problem is that Cena looses respect when he does crap like backstab Mark Henry so this really makes Cena as you said look like Wade's servant (though you used a different word :p).
This however just makes Barret look like a dick rather than a heel who should be feuding with Orton, who you say sucks but the majority of the WWE Universe disagree's with your unsupported opinion I am sure. If he really sucked so badly they would not keep him with their company and put him in the main event so much.

Again I am not saying he is bad as a heel I am saying his actions and the set up of the storyline is all wrong imo and Wade would work much better off solo.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
For a leader of a group like that you need somebody who has all the elements of the total package. Otunga's poor in the ring, Slater doesn't have the look, Gabriel is meh on the mic. Wade has all these qualities and most of all has a dominating personality. That's what puts him as the head of the group, because he's dominating and can pull it off.

Plus most stables need somebody leading who is great on the mic, who can carry the weight of the stable based on his image alone.

And on top of that, it would make no sense to have Wade win NXT only to be second in command to somebody who lost.

"The Bigger Picture". Just because we don't know it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

·
Premium Member
44,195 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of Barrett either, but who else would fir the bill? Tarver? Otunga? Sheffield? Slater? Gabriel? Young? None of those guys could fit the bill either because of their in ability to pull off that kind of role convincingly, or the fact that they are either really green or really untalented.

My problem with Nexus is that on paper, its a cool idea. A REALLY cool idea, but the casting doesn't do it for me. Its like casting Justin Bieber for Back to the Future (PLEASE DEAR GOD ALMIGHTY DO NOT LET THAT HAPPEN!!!). Really cool concept, but I lack faith in the talents to pull it off. To be honest, the best one of the group was Danielson, and well, he's not in the group anymore, lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For a leader of a group like that you need somebody who has all the elements of the total package. Otunga's poor in the ring, Slater doesn't have the look, Gabriel is meh on the mic. Wade has all these qualities and most of all has a dominating personality. That's what puts him as the head of the group, because he's dominating and can pull it off.

Plus most stables need somebody leading who is great on the mic, who can carry the weight of the stable based on his image alone.

And on top of that, it would make no sense to have Wade win NXT only to be second in command to somebody who lost.

"The Bigger Picture". Just because we don't know it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I think Slater has the look and I Gabriel does fine on the mic. I agree Wade is a great leader for Nexus now that Tarver is out but the whole Nexus storyline is what bothers me.
Also the whole "the bigger picture" is hardly referenced so most people just see their motive to bully Cena... and Orton was getting great reaction prior to the story line but it took attention away from Orton as champion.

I'm not a huge fan of Barrett either, but who else would fir the bill? Tarver? Otunga? Sheffield? Slater? Gabriel? Young? None of those guys could fit the bill either because of their in ability to pull off that kind of role convincingly, or the fact that they are either really green or really untalented.

My problem with Nexus is that on paper, its a cool idea. A REALLY cool idea, but the casting doesn't do it for me. Its like casting Justin Bieber for Back to the Future (PLEASE DEAR GOD ALMIGHTY DO NOT LET THAT HAPPEN!!!). Really cool concept, but I lack faith in the talents to pull it off. To be honest, the best one of the group was Danielson, and well, he's not in the group anymore, lol.
Yea I agree that most of them are miscast. Tarver, Skip, Danielson , Harris, McGillicutty... all work as group heels imo. Darren and Gabriel are better off face and Barret would be best as a legit solo-heel.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
The whole thing is made to look like Barrett is the alpha male of the group and they're just his cronies. I love Barrett being the leader, he's the perfect choice as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The whole thing is made to look like Barrett is the alpha male of the group and they're just his cronies. I love Barrett being the leader, he's the perfect choice as far as I'm concerned.
Okay but he uses his leadership to help ruin the main event by taking the spotlight off of thew champion Randy Orton and putting it on John Cena and him.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts