Wrestling Forum banner

Does anyone else actually think WM 27 might be decent ?

1203 Views 20 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  iamloco724
It hasn't been been shaping up that badly.

On Raw, there making The Miz look good (other then when he's in the ring with king ..), as he did beat Randy orton 3 times. The guy has unbelievable work ethic and I really think he'll put on a good match at Mania. I think he's going to rid himself of his chicken shit personality though. WWE will not let Alex Riley be a deciding factor in a Wrestlemania main event. I think he'll get a clean win, which would be HUGE for him. Even if he drops the belt a month later, people will finally respect him as a main eventer. They aren't playing out the Cena storyline with him that badly, and I figure Punk and Orton will end up involved too. We know he won't cleanly beat Cena and everybody would be PISSED if Cena wins at EC and then wins cleanly over The Miz 1 on 1. They won't do Orton vs Miz. The fatal 4 way makes the most sense, and has the most "wrestlemania" feel to it of any options.

People might not like Dolph Ziggler, but he's hands down the best in ring performer on SD. Not everyone likes the Vickie/Dolph/Edge angle, but it's developing nicely, and although everyone on here (spoiler alert)HATES the idea of Dolph winnig the title next week (if it were to happen), I've kind of warmed up to the idea. Having Dolph in the match at Mania (with or without the strap by then) would be WAY more exciting then ADR vs Edge .. that match would have zero momentum, and would be a total failure .. they couldn't have Edge win, because that would be lame as hell and ADR winning would also be underwhelming. They'll have Dolph win the title next week I think, drop it at EC, have Vickie book him into the main event at WM, and you have better options. Edge winning would be more interesting, and ADR winning (and feuding with both Dolp and Edge) would put him over with the fans more as a legitimate company headliner.

Triple H vs Sheamus in a street figt. Book it. No obvious winner here too, and lots of history behind it. No other angle would work for Sheamus either. I think it would be great.

Rey vs Cody. Save mask vs mask for Extreme Rules, and give Rey a win there. I think this is the best thing possible for both men, and Cody getting a win would be huge. I wouldn't be too mad about Rey winning though.

Undertaker vs Sting ? Maybe. Let's remember, Undertaker was apart of two of the best Mania matches ever, and both were in the last 2 years ! He can put on a match still with a quality opponent. Sting is old too, and we have no idea if he's really with WWE or not, but him vs Taker would probably be okay. Once again, it has that "Wrestlemania feel" to it. If not Sting, then Wade Barrett could do the job. We'll see.

Guys like Jericho, and Christian could be back before then and have some sort of impact at WM 27.

I really think this Wrestlemania will be okay.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
Agree with you 100%. Dolph is definatly one of, if not THE best in ring worker at the moment. People are just hating on him because of Vickie, but it takes someone like that who attracts that much heat to put a youngster over and its definatly worked well.

Miz is just literaly awsome. The guy has impressed alot of the 'smart' wrestling fans and done nothing but piss off the 'mark' wrestling fans and lets face it, thats his job and hes done it well.

Sting and Taker though? I dont know where this came from, and why it came about. But really, we need to face facts that its not going to happen. If it does it would be amazing, and I hope for our sake that it does happen, But I cant see Sting coming to the WWE to fulfill Vince's fantasy when hes been so anti-WWE for his whole career. Even if he was to debut, I cant see them building a feud with him and Taker that would carry enough heat to justify a (possible) Wrestlemania main event, concidering they both arent even on TV yet.

As long as Alberto Del Rio leaves WM as the Champ, its going to be a success.

· Registered
274 Posts
They're doing a Wrestlemania Fatal Four Way?

Well, if its not CM Punk, they could put John Morrison in that fourth spot (Miz vs Cena vs Orton vs Morrison), since Morrison and Miz have a lot of history.

That would allow CM Punk to face Wade Barrett.

· Premium Member
7,019 Posts
well im not sure about because by this time last year they had already planted the seeds for the wrestlemania card like vince/bret, hbk/taker and edge/jericho just to name a few but atm there isnt any match im really looking forward to and the build ups have been pretty weak like the way Cena & Orton have just switched rivals out of the blue and also ADR has chosen the whc yet Edge still seems to be tangled into a fued with Vickie & Dolph as it stands we're getting closer to wrestlemania but the programs are all over the place

· Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
12,610 Posts
WrestleMania will rely heavily on the undercard, especially if Sting/'Taker doesn't happen.

Miz vs. Cena is a poor choice for a title match, and no one's going to care about it. Del Rio vs. Edge could at least be a good match, but again, nobody really cares about Del Rio right now.

The fire will be provided by the undercard, because the main event scene, as WWE has stubbornly structured it, is nothing to brag about this year.

· Dragon Slayer
6,638 Posts
Without Taker/Sting this will be the worst WM in the my lifetime (22 years). There is nothing to be excited about. I'm going to be there for my first WM and I have no excitement. I've been to house shows with more exciting cards. There has to be a big money match and something special. WM is supposed to be more than just a wrestling show, but its shaping up to be a very average night full of mid carders and very little starpower.

· Registered
1,849 Posts
I sound really ignorant saying this...but I honestly think the people who are saying WM27 will suck are just Miz/Del Rio haters who can't stand them being anywhere near the main event. However yes I think Sting/Taker needs to happen, after the epicness of last years Undertaker/HBK part II nothing else will do.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
I don't think it will be terrible by any means. There's a potential for it to be pretty good, I just don't see anything this year that could blow me away so it'll probably end up being one of those average manias which wasn't glaringly terrible, but not fantastic either.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
I don't think it will be terrible by any means. There's a potential for it to be pretty good, I just don't see anything this year that could blow me away so it'll probably end up being one of those average manias which wasn't glaringly terrible, but not fantastic either.
I agree, I think any way you dice up the roster to construct sensible matches, the event will be above average. However, if Sting/Taker goes through, the event's importance and general aura will increase big time.

· Registered
2,292 Posts
Dolph and Miz will only hold titles into mania if Sting has signed.

Sting and Undertaker is THE money match. I know some idiots will go , "BUT DA KIDS DUN KNOW HOO STING AS!"

Kids don't pay for the PPV. If the PPV includes Cena, then the kids will want it and moan at their parents. If their parents are at all interested, Sting and Undertaker will be the buying point. Maybe even a Diesel / Booker T appearance against Nexus / Corre

They need to build it now, and fast.

The crowd is hating Miz with the title, and him holding it into Mania will cement him as a top heel. Miz is being built as the number 2 guy in the company, that much is obvious.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.