Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never seen a ufo, but I believe there is life out there someplace. Some of the images in this video look faked or like space junk. Others make you think. What does everyone think? Anyone ever seen a ufo?

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure aliens exist, just statistically it's hard to believe we're the only planet with life on it when you think of the entire scale of the universe. I'm not sure if they're intelligent or have achieved spaceflight though. I think if we were visited by aliens, though, we'd know it.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
yeah, these highly intelligent Aliens that have managed to develop the technology to travel lightyears to reach us are just flying around Earth for the lulz.

I do think they exist(or at the very least, they used to exist), but I highly doubt they have ever come in contact with our galaxy or have technology to do so.

·
40,796 Posts
Aliens exist, just not in that way

brilliant mind that man
Neil deGrasse Tyson is awesome.

I was going to say UFOs are merely Unidentified Flying Objects, strictly speaking. So of course they exist, but probably aren't aliens. I've seen lights in the sky that didn't look like helicopters or planes, but I didn't think they were aliens. He said it better than me.

Watching the rest of that now.

dan_marino said:
I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure aliens exist, just statistically it's hard to believe we're the only planet with life on it when you think of the entire scale of the universe. I'm not sure if they're intelligent or have achieved spaceflight though. I think if we were visited by aliens, though, we'd know it.
I think it's quite possible we wouldn't know. If they can travel here somehow, they could have the ability to not be detected by us as well.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
aliens developed the technology to travel across the universe, to appear once in a while around the southern united states

·
Registered
592 Posts
If this question means: Do I believe extra-terrestrials have visited our planet via inter-stellar flight? Yes. There are mounds and mounds of evidence to suggest that they have. My opinion is that they have had direct contact and have influenced our world as we know it today. (i.e. technology and architecture)

With the known size of the universe and the known age of the universe, it would be extremely narrow minded to say a) we're the only intelligent life in it, b) there is no civilization capable of inter-stellar flight.

As for the question of why haven't 'they' made worldwide contact...would you, if you were them? We're a planet of constant war, famine and self destruction. If I were an outside observer of Earth, I would recommend to avoid us at all costs. As humans, we cannot even agree to not attack each other based on one-world religions. Imagine if extra-terrestrials made contact, actually coming in peace? Our inability as a species to accept anything different nearly guarantees that they would be attacked on first sight.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
If you watched Ancient Aliens you would or at least put the possibility on the board. Before I ever watched that show I put UFO's in the same category as ghosts and the lochness monster but now I'm open to anything as far as visitations throughout history go.

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Let's just forget about UFO sightings and look at just ancient alien episodes talking about ancient megalithic structures like Stonehenge and the Great Pyramids. How the fuck can you explain how they were built thousands of years ago? You can't. It's like a 8 year old trying to do advanced college algebra without a calculator or instructions, teaching. Meaning maybe there's answers not related to a ancient alien visitation past but nobody has been able to solve that yet.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let's just forget about UFO sightings and look at just ancient alien episodes talking about ancient megalithic structures like Stonehenge and the Great Pyramids. How the fuck can you explain how they were built thousands of years ago? You can't. It's like a 8 year old trying to do advanced college algebra without a calculator or instructions, teaching. Meaning maybe there's answers not related to a ancient alien visitation past but nobody has been able to solve that yet.

TYhe pyramids to me are the worlds biggest mystery. They cut those stones and fitted them together so precise that a razor blade can't fit between the stones. How did they do that with no technology thousands of years ago? They either had some off world help or they had their own technology secrets that have been lost over the years. weird.

·
The legend never dies
4,391 Posts
maybe somewhere out in the other universes but i doubt that we ever come in contact with them

·
Marine Til Death
184 Posts
I just don't buy the whole UFO thing. I believe there is life out there somewhere, but I don't think they have been here.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts