Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost do to be honest. I did not know until I saw it on VHS years ago that they had that type of connection, I kind of almost start tear up a little seeing that. What a wonderful speech by a wonderful man, I truly repect the man who announced one of the all time classics Hogan vs. Goldberg, a moment in time. Him and Monsoon were great together, though that was seen through me watching the network and DVDS before I had the network before it was around. Surprised the body did not talk about Monsoon, he may have though have not seen the pleasure of watching the whole inductions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: Does anyone almost tear up a little bit when they show Bobby Hennans induction speech on Maina 20 and he talks about Gorrlia

Yes, I tear up just about every time. Also on the clip from the Nitro episode where they mention Gorilla's passing. Even though Tony Schiavone acts like an ass during it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Re: Does anyone almost tear up a little bit when they show Bobby Hennans induction speech on Maina 20 and he talks about Gorrlia

They really were such a fantastic duo, couldn't fake a chemistry like the one they had.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,871 Posts

If you don't cry then you're not alive.

60,006 Posts

Seriously, it was a very great and emotional speech. They were fantastic as a duo and I miss them.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts

Beautiful moment. It gets me every time.

·
Registered
655 Posts

Right in the feels. I do miss Gorilla a lot. And it aggrevates me a bit when listening to the 3 stooges today. No passion, no fire and cringeworthy comments.

I liked King as a commentater, though I always despised him as a wrestler and the shit he pulled with Tommy Dreamer, but even he's just going through the motion now.

Gorilla and Heenan, absolute legendary commentators.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Heenan's speech is the greatest HOF speech of all time. It was both funny and emotional.

His rant about the World Wildlife Fund was hilarious:

"You want to talk about wildlife? Back in my day we had a Moondog, a Junkyard Dog, two Bulldogs, a Mad Dog, a Birdman, a Red Rooster, and to top it all off, WE HAD A WEASEL AND A GORILLA DOING COMMENTARY!"

When he points to the sky at the end and says he wished Monsoon could have been there, it just broke my heart right there.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Definitely a tear-jerker for sure. The Monsoon/Heenan pairing was golden and untouchable. That chemistry cannot be taught in a seminar.

Monsoon/Heenan and JR/King are my two all-time favorite announce teams and for good reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.