Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was hoping for that feud to go on they really looked like something intense was going to go down with them. But it seemed like it was cut short.

·
Registered
970 Posts
That was probably one of the best feuds for a while. It should've gone on a bit longer but I think they wanted to rush Orton into a face cos he was getting as much cheers as any face at the time.

It's a shame cos it was a good angle and it actually showed that Kofi can be interesting

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
No thank you. I know it was elevating Kofi but at the same time it was stalling Orton's career and, at the age of 30, that shouldn't be happening. Anyhow, their feud is what has elevated Kofi to what he is today. He's definitely a lot more today than he was before he feuded with Orton.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Yeah, I wish they'd have followed through with it. However, the danger was that Orton might have ended up damaging Kofi further. We've already seen that if Randy wants to hurt a guy's standing, he's got no qualms about doing so, even publicly.
Getting on Orton's bad side is very detrimental to a promising wrestler's career.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Orton was getting over as a face (despite being a heel) and it wouldn't helped Kofi going against Orton (because despite being a heel, Orton was getting great face reactions from crowds).

Putting Orton against Sheamus in a heel versus heel match at Rumble and then against Cody and Ted at Mania helped him become a very big face, because fans wanted to cheer him for a long time by then. It has worked brilliantly if we look at the massive face reactions he seems to be receiving at all arena's.

Kofi wouldn't have made that kind of an impact so they had to stop that feud.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
i wasnt expecting a long term thing, started in october and finished Jan 4th and did wonder's for kofi imo, not for the IWC, but others who were weary if he could hold his own in a serious feud (including his backstage segments with Legacy, the car incident etc) and he did imo.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
It shouldn't have gone longer, because the goal had been accomplished, one that rarely happens in a feud these days: both men came out looking stronger than when they started. End of story.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'm guessing that Randy himself would say "stupid, stupid!" and then decline anymore matches with Kofi.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW some excellent points are being brought up here but really kofi is a great wrestler besides I heard randy enjoys working with the younger stars of the business. I think that it would have been great if they continued it a bit but just not let kofi win in the end because then that would make randy look bad considering the big star he is now.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
The feud would have lasted longer if Orton wasn't a baby.
Lolno. People were already saying this, Orton was getting cheers so that would mean people would boo Kofi and they don' want that to happen. Second off the Stupid thing was part of the new things he wants to do for his character, you know like he did on Monday.

·
Registered
84 Posts

1 - 20 of 24 Posts