Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has the same feel of Batista vs Cena last year. With Batista beaten the hell out of Cena for weeks leading up to that years WM but Cena winning the title at WM26.

so does anyone really think The Miz will walk out champion at WM27?

· Registered
10,503 Posts
As much as I don't like the guy, I hope he retains it. Cause if I hear Cena say "The champ is here" one more time, I'll probably throw up.

· Banned
13,614 Posts
This has the same feel of Batista vs Cena last year. With Batista beaten the hell out of Cena for weeks leading up to that years WM but Cena winning the title at WM26.

i do. Miz is a young talent who needs to win more than cena so he carve is name as a wwe main eventer.
Batista was an established main event superstar who was leaving the company that year so he didnt need to win that match last year. Miz is not going anywhere and is not that estblished yet. Miz needs to win this

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As much as I don't like the guy, I hope he retains it. Cause if I hear Cena say "The champ is here" one more time, I'll probably throw up.
it would make it far more interesting especially if the Rock helped him out. That would certainly help the Miz get over as the Main heel in WWE.

· Registered
865 Posts
Actually, I see the Miz winning.

It's not the same as with Batista, Batista was already a maineventer at the time.

Now, Miz is pretty much there, he needs the moment to cement him as mainevent. He's been looking strong and building momentum, if he loses the title now he proves that he doesn't belong and pretty much ends up back where he started.

I think Miz is the only one that gets the upperhand the entire time and wins in the end. Although I think that Cena is about to get him back for the next few weeks.

At this point Cena winning is a bad choice and Miz winning is for the best in the long haul

· Registered
5,733 Posts
I want him to, I think he needs to, but I doubt he will. It's a fun build to WM, no more...no less.

· Premium Member
819 Posts
No way he wins. I will flip out if he does I'd be so pumped going over cena at mania?? How can you not enjoy that? But how he has been beating down cena lately it would be crazy to think he'd pick up the victory over fruity pebbles

· Registered
2,497 Posts
I would mark big time if he goes over Cena at Mania, but suffice to say, I really cannot see it. They always seem to end Mania with the face winning and "sending the fans home happy". I do feel though that this year, there is a slim chance that Rock could cost him the title.

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want him to, I think he needs to, but I doubt he will. It's a fun build to WM, no more...no less.
i agree with you on this. I can't see him walking out at WM27 with the title unless The rock screws Cena out of the title. He probably regain it back at the following pay per view, but i think its going to be the same old Cena winning the title.

· Banned
87 Posts

The only problem is they have to send the fans home happy. Except WM2000 and WM17 I suppose, though with 17 Austin was a face going into the match, and the fans seemed to be happy even though it was supposed to be his heel turn. We all know ADR will beat Edge (he better), so they can't really have Cena not win as well. The top 2 titles would both be held by heels, and the fans wouldn't go home happy unless HHH/Taker is the main event, which it shouldn't be.

· Banned
8,172 Posts
At this point, I cannot say.

On one hand, The Miz has been built like crazy over the past month. He's now pwned Cena for four weeks straight, and beaten the hell out of him in the past two. If management wants to cement him as the top heel of the company...THE VILLIAN OF THE WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT...then by all means, Miz should win at WrestleMania.

On the other hand, the same reasons Miz could win are the same reasons he may not win. Classic case of Cena "overcoming the odd" so he can send the fans (aka every 5 year old and fat chick in the building) home happy.

What I do know is that if The Rock interferes in the match, even if its to help John Cena, The Miz will retain via DQ.

· Registered
2,424 Posts
It amazes me how people think Miz even has a chance to retain. If the feud leading up to Wrestlemania had not been so one sided then maybe Miz has a chance. However, that is not the case, each Monday now Miz has gotten the upperhand on Cena and probably will continue to do so. That only means one thing: Cena is winning the title. Plus, if ADR defeats Edge then you better believe Miz is 100% guaranteed to lose. Sorry Miz marks/Cena haters, this reign is over, but he will get plenty of other opportunities I am sure.

· Banned
13,614 Posts
I would mark big time if he goes over Cena at Mania, but suffice to say, I really cannot see it. They always seem to end Mania with the face winning and "sending the fans home happy". I do feel though that this year, there is a slim chance that Rock could cost him the title.
they can have Edge win and send the fans home happy

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Miz has no chance. The fact that he's dominating Cena in the build up so much is proof that he's going to lose, if it wasn't already made obvious enough that Miz is going to lose by the fact that we're talking about a WrestleMania match with John Cena involved that doesn't involve The Undertaker's Streak.

Miz should win and a Cena win is a bad booking decision, but WWE tends to operate on the principle that if you have a new guy who needs the win to make him a top dog, and the actual top dog who will get absolutely nothing from it, the established guy who gets nothing from it will win.

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Miz has no chance. The fact that he's dominating Cena in the build up so much is proof that he's going to lose, if it wasn't already made obvious enough that Miz is going to lose by the fact that we're talking about a WrestleMania match with John Cena involved that doesn't involve The Undertaker's Streak.

Miz should win and a Cena win is a bad booking decision, but WWE tends to operate on the principle that if you have a new guy who needs the win to make him a top dog, and the actual top dog who will get absolutely nothing from it, the established guy who gets nothing from it will win.
Plus its cena apart from WM25 he's won every main event he's in. It would be great if the Rock and The miz were actually working together, it would gain The Miz way more heat and certainly be a great way to end WM27. But its a Family show now so we're getting Cena and the Rock laying the beatdown on the Miz.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.