Wrestling Forum banner

Does anybody else think that Cody Rhodes is one of the (if not The) best thing going?

5320 Views 53 Replies 45 Participants Last post by  Nick Logan
I think that the title is self-explanitory. Look at his rise since last year...the lowest person in Legacy, then he was put into a great gimmick of being DASHING. He made it work, everything that he did in that time was great...except that he really didnt have a really good feud and during that time he made Drew Mcintyre some what interesting. Now he has added another dimention to him and is very entertaining.

I think that he is the greatest thing going on in WWE, he has the look, the mic skills and the in ring talent to be great..all that he may lack is size...but if you see who is WWE champion, you find out that lack of size or ring skills does not really matter. I think/hope that he going to do great things

P.s...he also has me somewhat interested in a Rey feud, That is an accomplishment.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Zombo
12,624 Posts
Re: Does anybody else think that Cody Rhodes is one of the (if not The) best thing go

I think he's got a really, really good thing going indeed. That line was chilling, and I really hope that's a sign of great things to come, but it's still too early into this character's development to tell yet. I'd stop short of calling him "the" best thing going though. Kinda going off of what Pyro / Urdnot (off topic: are you ever going back to "Pyro", or do you want all references to be "Urdnot" from this point forward?) said, I'd argue that Punk's mic work / feud eclipse Rhodes. Even Miz is probably bigger and better right now.

I think the Rhodes / Rey feud is better built and more intriguing than the Del Rio / Edge matchup, but I still CARE about that more (probably due to my bias towards both Del Rio and Edge).

I admit that I find Rhodes more interesting than Barrett at the moment.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Re: Does anybody else think that Cody Rhodes is one of the (if not The) best thing go

that "all these people are staring at me" line did nothing for you?
Why would it?

Kinda going off of what Pyro / Urdnot (off topic: are you ever going back to "Pyro", or do you want all references to be "Urdnot" from this point forward?) said, I'd argue that Punk's mic work / feud eclipse Rhodes. Even Miz is probably bigger and better right now.
It'd be nice if people used my new name, but I don't expect it, lol.

· Registered
896 Posts

I said it years ago and ill say it again, The only thing Cody needs is kneepads! He's got everything else.

He is one of the best allround young talents the WWE has right now. A solid program with Rey over the mania period, a lengthy IC title reign or 2 throughout the coming year and he's ready for the big time come 2012!

· Registered
5,733 Posts

Whatever Krogan, Cody IS smackdown at the moment. Del Rio is getting his heat, but kinda going all over the place..from kofi to xtian to edge. Drew Mc is . . . .yeah. Correis stuck in BS land, which never ends well. Where did ziggles go again? What about barretta? Hawkins? Reks? Puhleez, it's all Cody right now. Period. As well it should be. The ME feud is honestly not nearly as well built as this.

· Old School
5,131 Posts

His dashing character worked. The only thing I didn't like were his "Grooming Tips" videos. They made sense, but really made me feel ashamed of being a wrestling fan. We went from Austin drenching McMahon and company in beer to grooming tips? I know, different show, different era, don't compare Austin to Rhodes, etc. Still, kinda dumb.

Give him knee pads, sorry but he just looks naked without them, put him in a well booked, well written feud and get him over. So far, it looks like they're doing quite well with Rey especially after last Friday's SD!. Dusty was awesome. Did NOT expect a heel turn, but was expecting Cody to pull something.

If Cody wins at WM, he won't be too far from a World Title shot. He'll still have a way to go, but he'll definitely put himself in the convo.

· Banned
8,172 Posts

I think that the title is self-explanitory. Look at his rise since last year...the lowest person in Legacy, then he was put into a great gimmick of being DASHING. He made it work, everything that he did in that time was great...except that he really didnt have a really good feud and during that time he made Drew Mcintyre some what interesting. Now he has added another dimention to him and is very entertaining.

I think that he is the greatest thing going on in WWE, he has the look, the mic skills and the in ring talent to be great..all that he may lack is size...but if you see who is WWE champion, you find out that lack of size or ring skills does not really matter. I think/hope that he going to do great things

P.s...he also has me somewhat interested in a Rey feud, That is an accomplishment.
If the WWE pushes him properly, he could be SmackDown's version of The Miz by the end of 2012.

· Registered
5,733 Posts

How is....drenching people in beer (as a face getting over with disillusioned ********) worse than mocking said ******** with grooming tips (as a heel).

Also, I only want kneepands on him for safety. If he can work safe without them, more power to him.

That smile Dusty had was GOLDEN.

· Registered
3,408 Posts

He is in the best written feud at the moment in my opinion. While he may not quite be at the level of Barret/Punk/ADR he is porbably just as entertaining at the moment due to his direction (which Barrett is seriously lacking right now)

· Premium Member
642 Posts

he should wear a johnny bravo attire,,but i think it will not work because he look gay with no knee pads

· Registered
7,244 Posts

punk and orton are both better atm. so is lawler. but cody is def great right now

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.